Study (1 Viewer)

Sofstar

HSC
:rofl:
*runs before SS thumps me with a pillow*

I do work when i'm bored during the weekend. How sad.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:O you get that bored...ah the life of a post HSC student with no responsibilities.

john31459

HSC
N/A
I'd like to say I worked consistently throughout my final years, but the truth is I studied when it was necessary or I felt the inclination. The trick is to use your time wisely, but that's easier said than done :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
john31459 said:
The trick is to use your time wisely, but that's easier said than done :)
The teachers really badly tried to teach us time management in this 'cross roads' thing, biggest time waster ever. Then again I shouldn't really be saying that, I need those skills but...I miss my sport.

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
agentcheeseball said:
The lowest UAI I can get to do architectural course is 83. However, there are plenty of differing Architectural courses I would love to do as well, though they require a lower UAI. There is even Bacherlor of Architecture/Bachelor of Laws which requires a UAI of 99.20. So I decided since I'm doing my HSC I may as well work as hard as I can in a hope I may be able to recieve a scholarship or go to a higher course in Architecture.

Of course you would think that Hero of Time and what UAI are you going for? As you study as much as me.
Actually, I'm not aiming for any specific UAI. As long as it ranges above 87, or preferably [FONT=&quot][/FONT]90, I don't really have anything that specific. I haven't really considered any University courses either. As for study, your doing five hours a day (quote earlier post), I haven't been doing that much at all, and most days I'm procrastinating about doing any school work.

john31459

HSC
N/A
dr baby beanie said:
The teachers really badly tried to teach us time management in this 'cross roads' thing, biggest time waster ever. Then again I shouldn't really be saying that, I need those skills but...I miss my sport.
Hey what? There should still be time for sport!

My trouble was I used to manage to spread a quick task over several hours of TV lol.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
No I mean they took away ALL our sport periods to try and teach us TM and the (bad) learning consequences of highlighting things! I still miss my sport.

TV is such an educational tool, Oprah helps me heaps (no she really does, got my ext story from her! <3 her!)

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
gaoOO said:
do you plan to sleep? :eek:

I do about an hour a day, probably 2 on Saturday and nothing on sunday and then seem to go for the entire night on the day before an assessment :eek:, possibly without sleep in the case of a major project.
I plan to sleep, but such an amount of study may not work anyway.

It seems you have been doing what I used to do all throughout school; last minute assignments. Last year, I completed every major assignment the night before, including Physics, Biology, IPT, SDD, etc. Ah, so many stressful nights.

john31459

HSC
N/A
dr baby beanie said:
No I mean they took away ALL our sport periods to try and teach us TM and the (bad) learning consequences of highlighting things! I still miss my sport.

TV is such an educational tool, Oprah helps me heaps (no she really does, got my ext story from her! <3 her!)
That's crap. I went to a few different schools, and they all started preparing us for year 12 really early. Most of us were sort of over the whole thing by year 11.

And Oprah is awesome. I'm too much of a daytime TV buff to admit :(

HSC
Hero Of Time said:
Actually, I'm not aiming for any specific UAI. As long as it ranges above 87, or preferably 90, I don't really have anything that specific. I haven't really considered any University courses either. As for study, your doing five hours a day (quote earlier post), I haven't been doing that much at all, and most days I'm procrastinating about doing any school work.
I see was just curious as you never really out right told. You do alot to more then previous times I know and thats good. It's a big step in the right direction compared to year 11 for you and I.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well a big step if it works out. You aren't going to change how you study over night you have to put in the conscious effort and for someone who is once did last minute assessments\study it's going to take a bit to change that pattern. But more power to you if you can.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Spent the last 3 days with no study, and it feels good. Gonna start again tommorrow morning :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
It feels good to get things done
doesn't it just :)

convincing myself to do it takes a while...but gettin it over & done with feels good

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
[FONT=&quot]This is what i have been doing the things in red and vitally important so don't skip em.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What i do is say: ok i need to read this book for english so i will say for half the day give or take ,read the book/play, then i'll say ok need to do some maths and jap i'll do an hour each of those, then i'll just do some catch-up/revision of my notes then i do what i wish. so it's a time table, but a relaxed one, i can't do say: at 7:30 i'll do this for an hour then swap over the maths. It doesn't work like that just creates stress, heaps of people in my year do that and create confusion for themselves, so i do what i want to do for however long i do as long as i do a minium of 4 hours a day. and 32 hours a week study, then at least 3 hours revision on my notes & reviewing what i have done a week, then i have 2 hours essay practice a week and 45 minutes of creative writing in a test environment and then doing 1 test a week from a past hsc. So ido about 37hrs and 45 minutes a week studying. and this is all just at the moment & last year for my prelim.[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)