• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying during the holidays?? (1 Viewer)

kaur154

HSC
depends on what ATAR you're aiming for, 90+ you should study 1 hour a day for each subject
i'm studying during holidays but my birthday's during the holidays so i'm making time for that too :) having few days off from studying
try to juggle both study and break you should be ok

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Erm, it's different for everyone. Some people study for hours on to even crack a 90 whereas others do jack all and still easily nail high 90s.

K

khorne

lol @ dipshits studying 5 hours a day. If you need to study that much to be good at the HSC subs, you are legit retarded and are better off doing liberal arts at uni.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
I will do a little study but not to the extreme. You need a balance :)

Existential

HSC
N/A
Ok so its like the last holidays before the trials and was wondering if anyone will be studying during them? Our studies coordinator was like you should use these holidays to recharge your batteries and have a break, I dont think i will be ill be studying away, what about you guys?
It's not the last holiday before my trials. I have my trials Wks 5-6 of Term 3.

I won't be intensively studying, but there are new managable things I will get done which will advantage me and ensure I give everyone closely ranked with me (generally the top 3 of each subject) a run for their money.

I also have an English Advanced Assessment Task due back early next term, so yeah....... grrr

HSC
lol @ dipshits studying 5 hours a day. If you need to study that much to be good at the HSC subs, you are legit retarded and are better off doing liberal arts at uni.
I was hoping someone would say "oh but laike uiz aiming for lib arts lolhypocritewut (i so smard)"

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Just study a little. An hour or 30 minutes a day is good.

You dont want to burn out, but at the same time you dont want to forget all your stuff and fall back to your lazy habits.

roryclifford

HSC
Study

Im in yr 11 and do 5 hhrs of study from mon-fri and 10hours on sat-sun each day
Hahahahahaha! You have to be kidding. If you don't get a 99.95 ATAR then it will be because you burnt out or decided not to. I mean, 10 hours a day on weekends... Before my half yearlies, I couldn't even manage like 7 hours cramming on weekends, 10 hours is insane.

Don't you go out? Not trying to cut you down, it's good you have such extreme motivation, but that's hectic.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Khorne's got a point though, you shouldn't be studying for hours and hours.

HSC
im going to probably relax a little bit over the holidays but still do a bit of light study

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Im with Khorne on this one, If you need to study that much at HSC level then you must not listen in class or youre not that bright. But i am a hypocrite.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Im with Khorne on this one, If you need to study that much at HSC level then you must not listen in class or youre not that bright. But i am a hypocrite.
Shh. You're not meant to say that!

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
If i can actually be bothered, it could be really useful if i got ahead of the class and just had a longer study period for the trials, but thats what i said last holidays lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)