Studying for the SC (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
I've gone through some of the past papers and I agree that it doesn't seem too hard

But I've seen people all around almost bragging that they didn't study for the SC....

I'll be doing my SC this year. I'm not disasterously anxious, having had an idea through the past papers...

Anyway, I was wondering, are there any people who did study , or go through their books, and if so - even in the least, did you find it helpful?

I'm just curious.

P

pLuvia

well as long as you study for your yearlies/trials SC then you should do fine, then maybe revise a bit for the SC, especially for history, so much crap to remember, but overall its not so hard

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Ok...Let's straighten a few things out...

If you're doing years 11 and/or 12
The SC counts for nothing. Do you hear me? NOTHING!!!!
In that case, why bother to study. It won't help or advantage you in any way, shape or form. except maybe to be able to say that you beat a load of people who really don't care anyway.
Really, take some advice from the people who have been there. You don't need to study. I managed band 6's for everything except history, where I just missed out by 1 mark.

If you're NOT doing years 11 and/or 12
You should aim to do the best you can, because you will probably need your school certificate results to do whatever it is you want to do.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Try your best, but don't freak out. It doesn't matter! :D

It might be hard to believe, hell, I never believed it... but it really doesn't count for anything at all. :)

Chill. ;)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
ill second that...and i didnt study at all...i dont remember even doing any homework..if your doing yr 11/12 i say bludge while you can..right up to the trials in year 12..thats possibly why im failing..so i suggest start to get busy and get use to the routine in yr11..dont over do it because it counts towards nothing, its very pointless

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Hahaha SC is nothing
Did u say study?
What a joke.
It means nothing if your going to year 11 and year 12 so don't bother
Enjoy year 10...its the best year!

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
yeah year10 really is the best year..
1.no stress from school
2.formal at the end of the year
3.your actually allowed to go out to parties (well thats how it went for me and alot of my friends,although i wasnt aloed to many also LoL)

year 11...
1.nothing to look forward to except being a senior
2.listen to teachers harping at you to settle down and get prepared
3.....i cant think of anything else

speedo

HSC
study!!!!!!

I am doing the sc this year. For maths i'd just say that go through different papers. Not just the ones on BOS.For science revise revise over the content area of the syllabus. English as well paperw

[trent]

HSC
history and science are really the only things you can study for...but seriously, don't get stressed out...if you're going ok in all your subjects in yr 10 you'll do fine...no study required..

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
The SC exams are fundamental knowledge, you should go just fine. If you're really intent on studying, past papers are the way to go... if you're doing alright in year 10 then you should go just fine.

P

pLuvia

dont listen to them, just study as you would normally.. not matter how easy it is.. u cant go into an exam with no revision~

HSC
-pari- said:
I've gone through some of the past papers and I agree that it doesn't seem too hard

But I've seen people all around almost bragging that they didn't study for the SC....

I'll be doing my SC this year. I'm not disasterously anxious, having had an idea through the past papers...

Anyway, I was wondering, are there any people who did study , or go through their books, and if so - even in the least, did you find it helpful?

I'm just curious.
Use SC as a honing ground, try doing purely past papers and see how you go, if you dont ace it who cares? doesnt count, dont just sit idle, i mean i got 96 in science and i didnt study, but i did like as many english ones and got 59, give it a go, it doesnt mean shit, true, but still! why not give it a go

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
enjoy it.. i dun think u should stress much..

if ure studying more than 30% of ure time.. ure studying too much..

its good to learn for exam preparation tho like wat makes u relaxed etc.. but otherwise its a chump's activity..
Save ure stressing for later .. srsly.. if only i was in yr 10 again :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sc was a joke, i DIDNT study it at all and i stil got decent marks. enjoy ur last year of bludgin cause wen ur in yr11 then you realise how different it is.

P

pLuvia

dont listen to him pari and you year 10s.. just study as you normally would

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
lololololol
study for school certificate..

if your a smart cookie, dw about it...
its all just standardised common knowledge

P

pLuvia

whats wrong with studying???
its like saying

lololololol
study for HIGHER school certificate..

if your a smart cookie, dw about it...
its all just standardised common knowledge

its different for year 10s

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
It's probably a good idea to do at least some studying for the SC. It gets you started for what you'll HAVE to do in Years 11 and 12. And if you're not doing Year 11 and 12, then you should be getting to it anyway, since you're not going to get another school-based Certificate.

I_F

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I studied for the trials by making notes, it took me ages and then didnt get around to reading them...

I studied more for the trials than the actual thing which was weird. Its not as hard as most peope think, that said you should do some revision but dont stress yourself out much...and good luck

I ended up doing a lot better than I thought! For example, I hated and was doing average science, and ended up with 89 :) Hated history even more and got 92

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)