HSC
melsc said:
External Tests
English - literacy 88 5
Mathematics 82 5
Science 89 5
Australian History, Civics and Citizenship 92 6
Australian Geography, Civics and Citizenship 85 5
jesus christ! how did you get 88 in english !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I dont know, my trial english, maths and science marks were in the 70's so I was REALLY suprised

but by my English marks this year wont be anything like that...I am not doing that well arg *diejourneydie*

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
id like to see someone who "bludged" through ALL the subjects and do NO study at all what so ever get band 6s if someone thinks it SO EASY
Define bludged. If it means doing no hw and leaving assignments to the night before, then yeah that's me. If it means not even paying attention to the teacher then that's me, but only for history and geography (they were really boring). I just crammed case studies in at recess, but only got 88 for geo :(. I got 93 for history though. And for subjects like maths and english you don't even need to pay attention at all in class to get band 6.

P

pLuvia

but that's not the point, everyone is saying that you can get all band 6s with no study, no doing homework, no listening in class etc.. but in your case you havent got all band 6s :p

-pari-

HSC
N/A
thnkz for the advice

im making notes for civics and science

anyway, i heard that our yearlies/trials and school grades count towards the SC...

is that true?

and if so, how does that work...?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
-pari- said:
anyway, i heard that our yearlies/trials and school grades count towards the SC...is that true?and if so, how does that work...?
No they don't count as marks take a look at this
See these marks here were my school marks, they dont give you a mark they give you a grade A-E, these have nothing to do with the external exams. It just shows how many hours I studied the course for and what "grade" the school gave me based on my internal assessments
English 200 A Excellent
Mathematics Advanced 200 C Substantial
Science 200 B High
Commerce 200 A Excellent
French 200 A Excellent
Computing Studies 200 A Excellent

Design & Technology Satisfactory
Personal Development, Health and P.E. Satisfactory
Visual Arts Satisfactory
Music Satisfactory
Languages Satisfactory

Australian History 100 A Excellent
Australian Geography 100 A Excellent
These are the external marks, they are made up entirely of the rest I got in the external exam, nothing to do with the school marks that were sent in
English - literacy 88 5
Mathematics 82 5
Science 89 5
Australian History, Civics and Citizenship 92 6
Australian Geography, Civics and Citizenship 85 5
So as you can see they dont do it like the HSC were they add the two together or anything like that, it "counts" in the way that when you recieve the results the "grade" your school sent in is shown as well as your exam marks

:) hope that clears it up for you, and good luck, but you wont need it :D

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

your school marks don't count towards the SC so don't worry

klaw

HSC
but they are on a separate piece of paper which is attached to your SC...

aslestat

HSC
english??

i have my trails/ yearlys.... the're suposedly harder....do i need english notes or study or it....if so....does anybody have any

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Trials are usually harder, I remember having up to a 12-19 mark difference between my trial results and SC results, but it all depends on your school, but remember your trials wont count, so use them as a learning experience and i'm sure you will do well :) GOOD LUCK :D

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

leetahl

HSC
hey -your yearly marks dont count, its only the paper you sit at the end of the year.
firstly id like to say that i agree the sc was a waste of paper, but now that im doing the hsc next week i wish i could be doing it again and properly. for one thing its so important to know how to study in year 11 and especially year 12. and if i would have studied properly for every exam except for just history (the only subject i cared about) then i would find studying now a lot easier.
it is a practice, thats what it is there for- so use it. use it to practice and use it to gain respect from your teachers and the satisfaction for yourself. if it is that easy then study a bit, get yourself in the frame of mind and blitz it! then you'll feel satisfied and your teachers will have more respect for you in the senior years which is whats important.
so quit screwing around with this whole "it doesnt count for shit" blah blah, it doesnt count towards your hsc- but how you handle exams now, will be a big reflection on your studying capacity and how you handle your hsc exams.
so good luck. and have fun!

dreamer7

HSC
YEEES, trials are over!Finished! I found them alright, and I owe a lot to studying over a longer period rather than cramming the night before in a wild frenzy. Yes, I am seeing the SC as a 'practice' HSC/Preliminary examination. Hopefully it will make studying easier for me later on.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you study a decent amount, it's not that hard to get band 5/6

P

pLuvia

Just skim through, but don't take anyones advice at NOT STUDYING AT ALL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)