Studying for the SC (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

kols_kebabs said:
While I agree with everyone saying "Don't study", People shouldn't reinforce the attitude that year 11 and 12 are so much harder.

Their not. They're really the same, you are spoon fed information.
You don't do that much work really. I never felt any pressure

"Don't Study" is a philosophy that should carry you through all of high school. Seriously, until term 4, year 12, you can do nothing. I've started studying a month before the HSC and I'm confident I can get at least 80 UAI.

I have not done ANY study outside school before this.

For school certificate, do not do anything. Get a Life. And keep it up in year 11, where you'll find most of your friends won't study and don't need to.

for reference, with NO study My SC marks were:

History- 90, Band 6
English- 88, Band 5
Maths- 85, Band 5
Science- 85, Band 5
Geography- 75, Band 4

God I hated Geography, worst subject ever. My marks aren't perfect, but WTF, they're good, It was pointless and insignificant. DO NOT STUDY!
Ignore this person

HSC
Thanx kadlil, i probably will study...
Also, for Yr 11 + 12, what are the deadlines like? I have trouble finishing things on time now (mainly bcos i procrastinate...), so does that mean Im going to really struggle next year?¿?

P

pLuvia

If you don't finish an assessment in time, I'm pretty sure you will get zero and fail that assessment, unless you have a valid reason

Just study, there's nothing wrong with it

Yeh that's true Bookie, if you listen to that person you will find it really hard near the HSC, study consistently

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
kols_kebabs said:
Ignore this person!

Sorry, that's a juvernile come-back.

But it's still less juvenile than the whole SC syllabus
errr... 80 UAI ain't much to be proud of and if you can get 80 with no study why don't u study and get 90...

bah

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
kols_kebabs said:
It's funny how all you year 11 guys know more about the HSC than us eh?

Ofcourse do your internal assessments. However, they're really not that hard or that frequent. You don't need to do that much work to get good marks in them.

Look, you do have to do some work. My main point is, its barely harder than year 10.

If you don't hand in an assessment on time, you might get zero for the assessment, but your teachers won't fail you. You're just screwing yourself if you don't hand assessments in on time anyway, its not that hard.

And as for 80 Uai... It is enough to get you into the vast majority of uni courses, so it must be alright. I assume you want to do law or some such, if you need over 90? Nothing against laywers, but only do courses you are genuinly interested in. Repect to the people who actually like law who are studying it, but the majority are in it for the bucks and reputation, and shouldn't be doing it.

I like Environmental Science. Very few courses in this subject are over 75 Uai. So therefore, I can do whatever I want with the marks I will get from no study.
bs, yr 11/12 is much harder than 10... if you want to do well of course.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kols kebabs said:
Fair enough, you do need to some serious work. Do what you're passionate for.

I don't know anything about journalism, but that seems like an overly high score. Surely if you're willing to go somewhere other than Sydney Uni you wouldn't need so much? If you're goal is to be a journalist, there's a lot of ways to get in, you don't need to necessarily get that degree.

What's the second part of you're question though? I assume you asked how much can my family afford? I'm not even considering Full-fee places. I'm idelogically opposed to paying for my degree, and I don't need it anyway
Well, I wanna be a pilot, and that doesnt need a UAI, but in the case should I need to go to uni, I'd like to do journalism. Other than Sydney Uni though, theres only Charles Sturt which offers journo. 98s pretty high, but if I can crack the top 50 [currently about 70th] at my school, I'll get 98+.

The second part of the question was meant to say how much can I buy your family for - hint hint money. Big money. Something someone like Donald Trump would say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)