StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (II, 2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nah the English subjects interchange each year apparently :\
Malfoy's Politics in English and Harry Potter subjects aren't on next year

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Nah the English subjects interchange each year apparently :\
Malfoy's Politics in English and Harry Potter subjects aren't on next year
I've only got this one shot. I will not miss this chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime. Yo.

amber44

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Ok pre-enrolled and fired off an email to support
Thanks for the reminder bazookajoe, I still haven't pre enrolled, better do it now.

veridis

droog
HSC
overload, 24 CP is soft. 30 is the way to go.
i still dont see the point in studying good texts, all formal study does is make the texts seem boring and superficial or boring and pretentious. i love trainspotting, so i'll watch it. even a short lecture series on it could be cool(who are the lecturers for this btw), but once you get down to putting it in a framework that can be assessed it'll frustrate the hell out of you.

neafoo

HSC
Depends if you agree with what you're learning, i think veridis. If you agree then you'll think it is enhancing your interpretation of it, but yeah if you dont agree i reckon you'd lose interest pretty quickly. I know where you're comming from though... im never doing another english unit again now :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Dunno. Arguing with people in tutorials that have completely opposite views to your own about texts can be pretty fun.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
veridis said:
overload, 24 CP is soft. 30 is the way to go.
i still dont see the point in studying good texts, all formal study does is make the texts seem boring and superficial or boring and pretentious. i love trainspotting, so i'll watch it. even a short lecture series on it could be cool(who are the lecturers for this btw), but once you get down to putting it in a framework that can be assessed it'll frustrate the hell out of you.
I know what you mean, but I still really liked my texts even after a hsc on it.

also though, I'm doing 2 science subjects. if it was just 5 arts then it probably wouldn't matter, but 2 science and 3 arts ... idk :eek:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Ok done my pre enrolment. This is gonna be the worst year of my life, I'm gonna change my subjects so much.
The Postmodernism texts look awesome, but I have a feeling it's gonna be the biggest trap
I was gonna do postmodernism. Hmm actually I might be doing it. Can't remember what english I enrolled in.

As with all senior english i fear that it'll all go right over my head. So far I've liked 2/4 english units. Not a good record, really, although I did choose one of those because of its timetabling benefits.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
is anyone doing that NIGA1001 introductory unit to Nicaraguan and Latin American studies?

veridis

droog
HSC
Ennaybur said:
I know what you mean, but I still really liked my texts even after a hsc on it.

also though, I'm doing 2 science subjects. if it was just 5 arts then it probably wouldn't matter, but 2 science and 3 arts ... idk :eek:
this sem i had 24 CP in sci and 6 in arts. it's easily doable, just have to look at assessment schedule at the start of sem and make sure you dont have and insane weeks. i had mine planned nicely with no more than 75% ever due in one week, until PACS shifted their essay date and gave me 115% worth of stuff to hand in one one day, including 85% of one subject. hhhmm, this post was meant to be positive but i'm probably scaring you off overloading now.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Oi what's the gag. They say you can change your preferences up to early January or some crap like that, but if I transfer I can't enrol in the subjects until after the offer. What's the deal?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
HSTY1088 was pretty good today, even if I had to powerwalk halfway across campus to get to the room on time. (Fuck you, Storie Dixson.) Hopefully that'll keep me in the HD band and I might just be able to scrape into law. Unlikely, though.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
veridis said:
this sem i had 24 CP in sci and 6 in arts. it's easily doable, just have to look at assessment schedule at the start of sem and make sure you dont have and insane weeks. i had mine planned nicely with no more than 75% ever due in one week, until PACS shifted their essay date and gave me 115% worth of stuff to hand in one one day, including 85% of one subject. hhhmm, this post was meant to be positive but i'm probably scaring you off overloading now.
haha that just left me conflicted.

do you have a job etc? I guess it's just about time management.

veridis

droog
HSC
Ennaybur said:
haha that just left me conflicted.

do you have a job etc? I guess it's just about time management.
don't have a proper job, just tutoring 2 nights a week and worked for a union the other 3 nights 530-930. both are pretty flexible though. it should be noted that i've been in the habbit of all nighters for essays since first year which is one of the reasons i took the union job, i always procrastinated until midnight before starting anyway so may as well be doing something else.

edit - i'm also considering overloading again next sem. i'd be taking 3 3000 level psychs, a 3000 level HPSC and a senior history, just deciding if i should do the history at winter school instead because they offer the exact same course. if i did that i'd prob enrol in the hist to get a class assgined, crash lectures and tutes for the first few weeks when there's nothing due then drop it before census and only rock up when i felt like it. would mean i could cane it at winter school and get my hist avg back up to D(it's D for WAM but C for GPA, stupid arts with GPA) and keep honours open there.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im totally pwning study this semester. first sem where ive studied all of the material before my exams

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yay, I've now finished three exams. Just one more to go for next Thursday, so am not too stressed about it yet. Will definitely make a start on it tomorrow--didn't think about it at all during stuvac. PSPC I know I passed, but Pharm Prac was just :s I just hope I pass that stupid subject and never have to do it again. Usually there's always a few MCQs where it comes down to two options and you just eeny meeny miny moe it and it's ok because you know that you've gained enough marks elsewhere, but OMG I had that experience for two thirds of the paper! And knowing my luck....oh gosh I just hope I managed to pick the correct answer.

At least I managed to relax for the first time in two weeks--watched X-Men 2 last night (highly confusing because I didn't watch the first X-Men), worked today, and now Facebook (so proud I haven't been on it for two straight weeks and ignored all Facebook emails cluttering up my inbox) and BOS. I should really start revising again tomorrow....

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I have tomorrow to study for eduf. I'm not worried about it, which is odd since I remember the jist but not the details. I've read the notes and I think I could blab on about them as long as I'm not expected to recite the names of each stage of development.

I am le tired. Should prooobably sleep.

neafoo

HSC
hardly did any study yesterday after engl1002 but did a fair amount today.... got my last test on tuesday :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im getting owned by education this sem. :( its gay. last sem i got a high distinction, this time i'm looking at a credit/distinction at best. poo. i thought i did a pretty damn good job on that essay. obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)