• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (II, 2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Why are you girls up so early on a Sunday morning?! Also I'm not up early, I'm just sleeping really late. :p

HSC
I'm always up early on Sundays and pretty much everyday. It's how I've always been, I guess.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I'm always up early on Sundays and pretty much everyday. It's how I've always been, I guess.
:eek:

supernatural being found

edit: im only up this early coz my neighbour felt like mowing his lawn right next to my window

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
:eek:

supernatural being found
LOL. Not a superhuman feat, I assure you. :p It depends on what you call 'early'. I guess I don't see 10.30 something as being particularly early. I'm not one of those people who can go to bed at 2am. That's WAYYY too late for moi. Getting up at 5 in the morning for maths lectures, that's early!

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Argh, hate that. Weekends can be bad cause I live in the garage with the laundry in the next room so if my mum does the washing it sometimes wakes me up.

Oi you two, good luck for the rest of your exams.

Getting up anytime before dusk is early to me. =\

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
im getting owned by education this sem. :( its gay. last sem i got a high distinction, this time i'm looking at a credit/distinction at best. poo. i thought i did a pretty damn good job on that essay. obviously not.
What did you get? A 28 or 29?

Also, engl1002 was pretty good imo. :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
What did you get? A 28 or 29?

Also, engl1002 was pretty good imo. :)
yeah engl1002 was sweet. hope the rest are that good. :D

and no....i got 22. :( it pains me even to type it.

/wrists

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Uggggggh archaeology on friday. Thank god I have a week to study for it.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Should have delayed into last semester at uni like I did. :)

Took engl1002 instead. I don't see how they can say a junior math subject is worth half of the credit a junior english course is worth. It makes, NO sense.

thenothing

no member
HSC
I made the stupid assumption the subject was easy because the first seven weeks or so were. The other maths subject (the equations one) was much harder.

What are the junior English subjects like? I'm thinking of doing English next year.

thenothing

no member
HSC
Well, I'm really not sure what I should do, as I'm thinking I'll do honours in science and never finish my arts degree.

I did a history subject last semester, so I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking I'd do English because I did four unit in the HSC. I'm really not bothered, does anyone have suggestions for good first year arts subjects?

amber44

HSC
I've done both SCLG1001 and 1002, and I want to continue with Sociology next year, what sociology subjects can I pick? The reason I ask is because they don't have a distinction between 2nd year and 3rd year subjects, do I just pick whatever from the 2000 range, and then do the same in 3rd year?

HSC
N/A
amber44 said:
I've done both SCLG1001 and 1002, and I want to continue with Sociology next year, what sociology subjects can I pick? The reason I ask is because they don't have a distinction between 2nd year and 3rd year subjects, do I just pick whatever from the 2000 range, and then do the same in 3rd year?
there are two more subjects you have to do to major in sclg:
SCLG2601 Sociological Theory
SCLG2602 Social Inquiry: Research Methods

You might as well get those out of the way.
I also recommend SCLG2606 Media in Contemporary Society, it was very easy. Check the Arts handbook, its online if you don't have a hard copy.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Malfoy said:
(However, I know Nebuchanezzar at the least liked ENGL1002 whereas I hated it, so opinions on that subject vary.)
Mmm. But I'm a science student and hadn't taken any other English courses so maybe I liked it because there wasn't anything else to compare it to? Who knows.

HSC
amber44 said:
You can do a 3000 subject in second year., and 2000 subjects in third year. But you're probably best advised to do Sociological Theory and Social Inquiry before doing the 3000 subjects Contemporary Theory and Advanced Research.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Should have delayed into last semester at uni like I did. :)

Took engl1002 instead. I don't see how they can say a junior math subject is worth half of the credit a junior english course is worth. It makes, NO sense.
Yes! I mean it's just as much work as a 6cp subject. There are two lectures dedicated to it. Anyway Nebuchanezzar, you can't escape it. It'll catch up with you. :p Oh and thenothing, don't worry, you're not the only one. I don't get a lot of things in algebra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)