Subject selection help!!! (2019) (1 Viewer)

Xnjks

HSC
My subjects are due on Friday 26 July 2019. I know I want to get into some sort of medical science degree of biomedical degree but my backup is nursing or pharmaceuticals.

I was recommended by my Math teacher to take advanced math (2u) and my English teacher told me to do advanced English (2u) but she doesn’t really know me that well but I got 18/20 on one Shakespeare test and that’s what she’s basing it off but I usually get a B in English so I was wondering how hard is advanced English?

My other subjects are chemistry (2u) and biology (2u) and I usually get a B in science but I’m pretty sure about these two subjects.

I got to a catholic school so I have to take a religion course at the begging of the year I was going to do catholic studies (1u) but now I’m not sure cause I was a strong C grade with no effort but this year we started writing essays and I got 15/20 in the essay with no effort and 33/35 on another exam which was short answer questions. So now I’m thinking SOR II (2u) because a friend of mine is a teacher and she was saying because I can write an essay I should do it. Also our school won’t let us do 13 units and I wanted room to drop a subject Incase I don’t like it so I was trying to go with a 2u subject.

My last subject is community and family studies (2u) and I was worried about the research project at first but I’m just sort of pushing it to the back of my mind.

These are all content heavy subjects or so I’ve been told and just wanted some advice mostly about religion and the workload. I have a pretty good work ethic but I am worried about the time needed to work on chemistry because I feel like there is so much to know (we are doing chemical reactions in science now) and i might not have time to spread between all subjects.

Thank you.

HK_9703

HSC
Have you checked the syllabuses to see if you're really interested in these subjects?

HK_9703

HSC
You are choosing a lot of content base subjects, but if you're organise I think you should be good. Just remember that you'll be able to drop a subject in year 12 if the workload becomes too much in year 11.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
The only time where workload starts to become 'heavy' as such is when you start including Extension subjects like Maths & English Ext 1 and 2. Looking at your courses, its quite an average workload, most people would have that kind of workload so it's nothing extraordinary. As long as you don't slack off you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)