subject selection regrets.. (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
^^
i went from above average in maths to quite good at maths.
goodish at science to ok at science. (but im picking up atm and i'm getting quite good)
best subject=economics - after not doing a thing in year 7-10 geography and picking up eco in year 11 after being curious about what it actually was lol.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
I noticed that in my junior years, I was doing extremely well in maths/sciences. Then come the senior years and all of a sudden, I'm doing humanities.

Has anyone noticed a change in their program? I seem to have left my strengths and picked things up from another "category" (help me find the right word? lol I'm so bad at English!!) purely out of interest and now I'm paying for it because although it's interesting, it's not motivating when you keep getting the answers wrong. Maybe I should've done Chemistry or Physics - I never liked Biology.
Sort of. I liked the Science and Maths subjects in my junior years, but I've gradually gone on to enjoy the English and humanity subjects more. And the marks are indictative of this as well :D

bassistx

HSC
lol Keep rubbing it in!
I wish so bad I'd done economics instead of business studies.

moz324

HSC
i regret taking ext english. i was ok at it last year and this year i am doing really badly. :( all my other subjects im glad i took. (except maths but i cant drop that coz i dont have enough units 2 do so.)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
bassistx said:
lol Keep rubbing it in!
I wish so bad I'd done economics instead of business studies.
trust me you don't want to regret that

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
advanced english-keep
originally chose bio, realised in the holidays how much of a science-y brain i didnt have so swapped it for ancient- best decision!
modern- keep.
history ext-keep.

did indo continuers for prelim and dropped it. still have society and culture and 3 unit maths.
if i could go back knowing what i do now, i would've chosen economics instead of society and culture, and legal studies instead of indo and either business/pdhpe instead of maths 3u.

but cant really do anything about it now! technically i can drop society (i have 12 units) but im really not sure how ill go with maths so its best i keep it really.

damn hindsight!

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
bmxgurl25 said:
the work load in modern is not that big time management is the key and it wont be as hard thats what i found and modern is easy
true. i found modern pretty easy and i was good at it in prelim.
then came year 12. we had two modern classes. my teacher was the only modern teacher getting band sixes, while the other teacher also taught business studies and was a best getting band fives. too many people dropped from my class, so my new principal decided to collapse the classes into one to free a teacher for other classes. you'd think it'd make sense to choose the teacher getting band sixes right?

wrong. they chose the other teacher and i do not get modern history at all anymore. suddenly i have to do so much extra work even to understand basic dot points. i know the hsc is a lot of student work but it doesn't help when the teacher is incapable!

arggggh anyway that's my rant. i've had the other teacher for two terms now and im still mad about the decision.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Should've taken the offer and gone to sydney boys.

Just sit in the middle of the grade and get my 94 UAI

easy.

michael1990

HSC
risole91 said:

easy.
Yep should of went to a High Ranked Private School.

michael1990

HSC
risole91 said:
still want to repeat y12 lol
thinking about it, at a private school though, but they take half my marks from this year and it contributes to next year if i do it.

I have already looked into it.

lildoro

HSC
I've been asking myself every day for the past 6 months: "Why did I choose IPT? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!" I definitely would have done Modern History instead. I mean, I LOVE HISTORY. I don't know what I was smoking when it came to subject selections.

However, dropping Extension 1 maths at the beginning of this year was the best decision of my life.

Peripheral

HSC
Yeah, I regret not doing history as well....

And I regret not doing Ext 2 English

And I regret doing physics

cs01001

HSC
lildoro said:
I've been asking myself every day for the past 6 months: "Why did I choose IPT? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!" I definitely would have done Modern History instead. I mean, I LOVE HISTORY. I don't know what I was smoking when it came to subject selections.

However, dropping Extension 1 maths at the beginning of this year was the best decision of my life.
Wanna swap my Modern for your IPT? :p

bassistx

HSC
risole91 said:

easy.
LOL

EDIT: If you're not doing Pathways, I don't think you can repeat year 12 at school. Bradfield College (TAFE) is pretty tempting though. Great thing about my situation is that if I do crap in one of my subjects this year, I can repeat them next year. I sure as hell won't be repeating English though - it'll be a completely different thing (Belonging or something, not Journeys) and I hate English lol.

Jess007

HSC
yeh i really wish i didnt pick pd/h/pe but i suck at science and that was the only choice....

ice ken

HSC
regret choosing physics and not biology. doing pharmacy and theres shit all physics like 1 subject is 100% biology yr 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)