suicide and the hsc.... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

conics2008

HSC
so does anyone know who killed themselves because of poor hsc results.. I remember my school tellin me some kid killed him self because he got in the 90s uai ?? i think he wanted something like 95 or something along those lines...

share your thoughts..

PS: No I DONT WANT TO KILL MY SELF: I LOVE MY LIFE

Elephants

Banned
HSC
A girl stuck a pencil up her nose one year and slammed the end of it on the table, causing the pencil to go through her brain. It's true.

I think the pressure of the HSC got to her. It's pretty sad.

charlesdinio

HSC
My sister did the hsc in 06, the night before her english exam one of her good mates hung herself, it was on the news and all.

A lot of them found out the morning of their english exam.. apparently the entire exam room was just writting and crying.. really sad stuff.

Theres a lot of suspicion around it though! like no one saw it coming and she didnt need a UAI or anything .. she was set to make it big as an irish dancer, won a million competitions.

ironically, after they left the exam (which they had been writting about something to do with the media), the school was packed with media, they were so over everything lol

Elephants

Banned
HSC
charlesdinio said:
My sister did the hsc in 06, the night before her english exam one of her good mates hung herself, it was on the news and all.

A lot of them found out the morning of their english exam.. apparently the entire exam room was just writting and crying.. really sad stuff.

Theres a lot of suspicion around it though! like no one saw it coming and she didnt need a UAI or anything .. she was set to make it big as an irish dancer, won a million competitions.

ironically, after they left the exam (which they had been writting about something to do with the media), the school was packed with media, they were so over everything lol
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20626092-5001021,00.html

Yeah?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
any of my friends that would have offed themselves have done so already, long before the hsc.

*shrug*

Lebstr

HSC
Elephants said:
A girl stuck a pencil up her nose one year and slammed the end of it on the table, causing the pencil to go through her brain. It's true.

I think the pressure of the HSC got to her. It's pretty sad.
tht is a myth, my science teacher said u hve a strong bone, pen cnt get through. ull just get a huge nose bleed

Elephants

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
any of my friends that would have offed themselves have done so already, long before the hsc.

*shrug*
You say that with such blase.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Elephants said:
You say that with such blase.
you kind of learn to be blasé about it all.

doesnt mean i dont care or that it didnt effect me
at the moment blasé is just the best way to get the hsc over and done with

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
charlesdinio said:
yeah thats her!

my sister was her school captain.. had to give some sad speech

their entire hsc time was completely screwed, they all just hung out n tried not to think bout it
thats really sad.
she was pretty.
I hope no one kills themself this year.

Elephants

Banned
HSC
I really can't believe that some people can take the HSC so seriously so as to kill themselves. I mean, it really isn't all that it's made out to be.

Lebstr

HSC
i cut my chin while shaving i cry lol, imagine cutting my wristt. no wayy

charlesdinio

HSC
risole91 said:
thats really sad.
she was pretty.
I hope no one kills themself this year.
Yeah she was heaps pretty - had a lot going for her.

She also left behind a boyfriend of 4 or 5 years.. something heaps long.

I hope no one does either! however I think in our day they try reinforce the fact that HSC isn't the end.. its pretty tiny, i guess its directed to things like that

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Elephants said:
I really can't believe that some people can take the HSC so seriously so as to kill themselves. I mean, it really isn't all that it's made out to be.
For many, the pressure is quite immense. If you have poor coping mechanisms and support networks, it can be devasting.

And hopefully not. Usually the suicides pop up inbetween trails and the english papers. So, fingers crossed.

RagnarokXI

HSC
The problem is the emphasis they apply to it in school and such. Sometimes you get those teachers visibly stressing out (they aren't even the ones performing the test!) while drilling into you the notion of, "YOU MUST STUDY. THESE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT EXAMS. IF YOU WANT TO GET A GOOD UNIVERSITY COURSE YOU MUST SUCCEED", etc etc.

It's a bit sad that they are still applying such pressure and assurance that these exams are the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS EVAR for your future. They really are not that important. I'm not saying don't care, put your all into it but hell, teachers and such need to stop making it seem as if the world ends with HSC.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
Damn~~~Did ur sister school got scaled up because of that "emotional" trauma inflicted by the death of a student?

If thats the case, I wish someone in my school can die (jst joke)
Why "emotional" in inverted commas?
I don't think this is funny or an issue to be sarcastic about, particularly when there is someone on this thread who personally knew that girl.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
fallenstar said:
Why "emotional" in inverted commas?
I don't think this is funny or an issue to be sarcastic about, particularly when there is someone on this thread who personally knew that girl.
qffuckingt.

trust me, losing someone to that is more than emotional. its.. you cant even begin to imagine, so dont even try and dont even try to fob it off for the lolz.

this is why im blasé -.-

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Lebstr said:
tht is a myth, my science teacher said u hve a strong bone, pen cnt get through. ull just get a huge nose bleed
Do you wanna verify this with a demonstration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)