• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

suicide.. (2 Viewers)

sci.girl

VCE IS DONE!!:D (finally)
HSC
Ever thought about it? Post.

I think that the majority of teens have thought about it or even planned it, but not gone through with it. Maybe something to do with the alienation phase teens go through? What do you reckon?

(Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this thread?!)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sci.girl said:
Ever thought about it? Post.

I think that the majority of teens have thought about it or even planned it, but not gone through with it. Maybe something to do with the alienation phase teens go through? What do you reckon?

(Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this thread?!)
Whenever the stress gets overwhelming, I wish to commit suicide.

I went as far as using neck tie to suffocate myself, only lasted 10 seconds though.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
suicide is the loss of a great investment, in terms of education, money, food and everything everyone else has put into making you who you are.

I've faced it so many times, but cold logic always talks me out of it.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and weakness. i can honestly say i've never, ever, EVER considered it.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and weakness
I totally disagree. you ass =]

I've thought about it plenty of times while bored/stressed/trapped. But thinking about how sad all the people who care about you will be (girlfriend, parents especially), you quickly snap out of it. And when you're surrounded by friends and having a good time somewhere/anywhere it's impossible to even contemplate it. It's just a thought that seems to creep into your head when you're alone and fucked beyond belief...

urban dictionary said:
A simple and efficient way of dealing with all of life's problems.
urban dictionary said:
Your way to say to God "You can`t fire me! I quit!"
urban dictionary said:
People say suicide is selfish and cowardly. That's bullshit. It's more selfish to expect someone to go through life feeling like shit, just so you can keep them around because they make you happy or some shit. It is not they're duty to keep you happy whilst they go through hell, you fucking morons.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and weakness. i can honestly say i've never, ever, EVER considered it.
that kind of view disgusts me, and i think it shows a huge lack of empathy and insight into a variety of mindframes.
people don't feel suicidal as a weapon - can you see that? can you see the (albeit incorrect) "logic" behind why someone would conclude that suicide is the best option?
it's very sad. people who are that depressed need HELP, not to be derided and made to feel worse.

Jachie

HSC
chelsea girl said:
that kind of view disgusts me, and i think it shows a huge lack of empathy and insight into a variety of mindframes.
people don't feel suicidal as a weapon - can you see that? can you see the (albeit incorrect) "logic" behind why someone would conclude that suicide is the best option?
it's very sad. people who are that depressed need HELP, not to be derided and made to feel worse.
nope. can't see any logic in it, i never have and i strongly doubt i ever will.

i have empathy for people in shitty situations, and i have the upmost respect for those who fight and overcome them. why should i have either for someone who wishes to give up on life, their loved ones and themselves? you're right in that people considering suicide do need help, but to kid ourselves into thinking that the act itself is anything other than weak and selfish isn't doing anyone any favours.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
it doesnt seem selfish if you believe that noone cares for you

the best advice i was given on saturday : "whenever you feel like that - just dance"
i'm yet to use it, but i can see it would probably work

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Jachie said:
but to kid ourselves into thinking that the act itself is anything other than weak and selfish isn't doing anyone any favours.
What about the situation where I am fully a burden upon my family, friends and society? What if the world truly is better off without me?

What about the Japanese example, where they will commit suicide to free their families of huge debts. Suicide may be the better option than living.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Graney said:
What about the situation where I am fully a burden upon my family, friends and others? What if the world truly is better off without me?
Nevarrrrr Graney:mad:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I think it is selfish for others to demand me to continue living when I suffer so, living an intolerable life.

It is irrational and unfair for me to have to live just for someone elses comfort.

My life should be my own to end. The right to choose to leave this world, at a time and by means of my choosing is an essential right.

Posting before thread is deleted.

Jachie

HSC
Graney said:
What about the situation where I am fully a burden upon my family, friends and society? What if the world truly is better off without me?

What about the Japanese example, where they will commit suicide to free their families of huge debts. Suicide may be the better option than living.
lol so then you're a martyr, congrats man

"i feel overwhelmed by friends/work/school/uni and cbf dealing with it" doesn't really count as an exceptional circumstance though hey.

everyone has the right to end their own life. that doesn't mean i respect such a decision.

sca

HSC
I've never wanted to kill myself.

I've thought about suicide in the general philosophical sense of what it's impact might be, what'd it be like... but yeah, never really been at that point in my life. Hopefully never will.

Shoubadoo

HSC
I'm dark, and sensitive, with low self-esteem
The way I dress makes every day feel like Halloween
My life is just a black abyss.
You know, it's so dark. And it's suffocating me.
Grabbing ahold of me and tightening its grip...

I've pondered the fact that some people feel such utter sadness, that they'd be 'happier dead' than living.
But I've never ever been so low that I considered it, no matter how depressed I've been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)