Summer Holiday Study (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
pritnep said:
It's going to be interesting to see who actually completes some, all or none of their holiday homework\study plans. What I did this year I probably don’t recommend as it makes the final week pretty stressful but all the assessments I had to do I worked on during the last two weeks of holidays and my marks all worked out, so just depends on the person.

What I don't recommend is for you to be all out studying unless of course you have test\exams coming straight up after the holidays, as their is plenty of time to get into a good study pattern or do like most HSC students do and cram...that is if you are an affective crammer.
Hey, Ive already started doing mine! Only the interesting stuff though, Im probably going to end up leaving modern history till a week before it is due.

Besides, this year got their UAIs, and since everyone in my school went crap, ive realised ive gotta step it up if i want a decent UAI.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Depends on what you define as 'crap'. Mostly people don't get their own wake up call until they themselves under proform. Which usually happens either in the half yearlies or trials and by that time the majority of assessments are over.

Sofstar

HSC
Ill start all my work after Christmas. Or after New Years. I've done about 1/2 a page of work. Getting far!

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Borrowed an audiobook for Emma yesterday. That's gonna be my study hopefully.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
haha watched blade runner, pretty confusing. Also watched jackass 2 after it for fun, damn that is hilariously stupid...so -ve'ly influential

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Soul Searcher said:
Howdy y'all, just wondering what you people will study in these upcoming (already arrived) holidays. Your plans, routines etc.

Personally I've chosen to study ahead in Biology and Chemistry...not Blueprint of Life nor Acidic environment, but the Options Modules for those 2 subjects...ie: Communication and Forensic Chemistry. This is because these option modules are situated quite closely to Trials period, and if I have learnt ahead in these topics then I should be able to have more time to study the other 3 mandatory modules. Would be this a good idea?

The Trials also usually has a higher % weighting, higher than the half-yearlies, so some people might prefer to study ahead on the term 2/3ish type of work that needs to be covered.
Bahahahahaaha i saw this thread and thought it was made by that guy from patrician brothers i think? Make him a benefactor, that should legitimise his :spam:

Before realising that med boy soul searcher is actually from http://community.boredofstudies.org/2673429/post-37.html although he later contradicts himself with http://community.boredofstudies.org/2573586/post-66.html :confused:

Anyway hai ruse friend :wave: You should just do a lot of maths past papers and homework, and yes get ahead in the sciences because every 2nd person would have grabbed a tutor and tried to learn all of conquering chemistry in the short space of 2 weeks.

If you are curry get mrs pooviah to privately tutor you that's what the indians and lankans did. And for english try to write a few practice essays, although without a teacher to mark and give feedback on your work like at school you might want to think about grabbing the services of a hsc marker or similar for just these hols.

Good luck for med! For you and the rest of the 07ers who don't seem as intent on studying as hard as our cohort :p If hopelesslee, mitsushi, pLovelier, kid@men, rivietmon, lana others i might have forgotten are reading this: remember the 'hours studied these hols' banners everyone had?

BAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHAHHAHAAHAAHA i was on hols in the sunshine coast and on my wireless when i was reading that. The stazi flames in some meatup thread about studying were good for a laugh too. Ah reminiscing :eek:

tillytilly

HSC
Well I don't understand that in-joke, Im afraid, so I'll just continue on ...

I have to do an artwork by the end of the holidays that's basically an experimnetation for my Art Major work.
I'm going to work on my English Extension 2 Major work.
I'm NOT going to do History Extension because I'm dropping that at the beginning of Term one.

I'm going to read the gigantic stack of reading for Comparative Literature that I'm going to get : P

And Im going to summarise Biology, I've summarised all the Prac dot points but I need to finish the left hand side ones.

And Im actually going to do that ....after Christmas.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
gr. just realised how much work i got to get thru in the holidays. should start someday soon.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Yeah, Pats Fairfield and the benefactor class has been removed anyway :p
Oh damn i need to keep up with what's hip and with it these days :(

Please put up a banner with 'hours studied so far these hols' :wave:

Snarkie

HSC
Haha, yes... work over the holidays... I was trying not to think about it. I've been watching videos on youtube and calling it research for my ext 2 english major work (I'm making a film).

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Snarkie said:
Haha, yes... work over the holidays... I was trying not to think about it. I've been watching videos on youtube and calling it research for my ext 2 english major work (I'm making a film).
Yeah people in our school did that for drama (it was some film production thing).

So yes it's ok if done in moderation but i (especially) know the addictiveness of it all :)

jessdoit

HSC
I hope to catch up on my notes and make more and try to get ahead.
Clean my room and try to organise myself.

Otherwise that's about all there is in terms of "study".

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Re: Holiday study?

hmm I had 7 weeks holiday .. so i took the first week off ..
i plan to get done :
- ext eng seminar & journal (put together 25% weighting on final hsc mark)
- read thru eng texts
- 3u & 4u maths booklets : holiday hw T__T"
- eng adv journal

oh jolly fun.

Tim035

HSC
Re: Holiday study?

By all means read your English novels, plays, etc and have your syllabus summaries up to date but at this stage theirs no need to actually be studying in the sense of doing additional work out of text books or getting a good 4 weeks ahead of the rest of the class. These WILL BE your LAST holidays for the next 11 months, you should take some time off doing anything to do with school so you can go into term one feeling fresh and ready to learn.
I remember I read all my novels and completed my extension 1 and advanced english assingments and did a bit of maths here and their but that was about all (I made sure my syllabus summaries were done before the holidays). However if you desperatly want that 98+ UAI and feel as if you have endless stamina and will never burn out feel free to put in the hours everyday these holidays.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
jessdoit said:
Clean my room and try to organise myself.
Same here. I'm drowing in textbooks, books, notes, assigments, HW and paper, soooo much paper. Down goes the Amazon Forest.

Chocolat

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Same here. I'm drowing in textbooks, books, notes, assigments, HW and paper, soooo much paper. Down goes the Amazon Forest.
I think that HSC exams (and heck, exams in general) take down the Amazon Forest. Thus, why I believe that they should be abolished...lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)