• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
That's it. I've been nice to you up until now. Congratulations, you have uncovered the other, not so nice side of me. Yes. That's right. I'm not the innocent little girl that you think I am.

EMPHASIS MINE

kokodamonkey

HSC
srsly

it's not koko's fault for once either - squeenie came by and starting causing a rukus. i think she thought that by posting in the usyd thread she kould humiliate and disgrace komrade koko by invoking the non-existent kare of the rest of us. epik fail: koko komes out kourageous in konklusion! for celebrate: korn kearnels koupled with koka kola that krunches krispy in the kranium's krevasse to kongratulate komrade koko on his overkoming of these konservative kunts.
too many k's

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hi USYDers, how's it going? Surfaced after a family-imposed Internet ban (we're on Optus and the cumulative usage for this month was 15% higher than the number of days passed last time I logged on). Some interesting things have come up in the past week or so:

a) Office politics is a bitch. Resulted in a senior staff member walking out on the deputy director last Friday which inflamed the already existing rife between the director and his deputy (senior staff member phoned director, who had the day off, that she was going home and he didn't tell his deputy this).
b) WHY the hell is Pymble (my old school) ranked 20th when we topped the state in 5 subjects, came top ranks in quite a few more, and had 40+ All-Rounders?????!!!!!!!!! (which is the most the school has ever had--previous record was just under 40).
c) I discovered I'm computer and Internet-addicted. As a precaution the family ban included use of computers (because my laptop was wireless even though I tried to convince them I could use the laptop with the wireless switch off). Withdrawal syndrome not pleasant.
d) However, like all addictions, it's not healthy. Rediscovered the joy of board games (Scrabble anyone?) and reading.
e) We really have evolved to not live without computers. I come back and my inbox's clogged with emails. For the week I wasn't on I didn't know the weather forecast or the news (dinner's always just after 7:30 so we miss the news).
f) Fulltime work's exhausting. Every single weekday except one I've gone to bed before midnight (which I haven't done in years).
g) Physically fighting with your siblings (esp if it's a younger brother) is actually a fun activity which should be indulged in every once in a while (but not too often!) Did it yesterday and it was quite...releasing? Followed by a game of hide and seek which I won outright :D
h) I can't believe I'm still receiving rejection letters from rural hospitals nearly 2 weeks after starting fulltime work at a metropolitan hospital :rolleyes: Got one today from Shoalhaven Hospital in Nowra. Just lol.
i) I completely forgot about my UAC application. Receiving all this naggy correspondence from uni about coming to Info Day and wishing me all the best with my HSC results (lol). But my Info Day invite was unsealed when I received it, which I hope didn't happen to anyone else because if it did, it'd leave a very, very bad impression on the uni and then all the work myself and my colleagues have done hasn't been worth it :s (not that I really mind as we got paid so well but then again you'd feel bad for the uni because we were paid so well).
j) Received my final results notice yesterday. So satisfying to see it end with the words "Degree Result: Pass"

That's all. How's everyone going with Xmas and New Year plans?

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
something

something

something

potato

This was the first day of holidays spent not doing anything productive at all (didn't go to work, didn't leave the house to see friends or shop or even check the mail)

I thought it might be relaxing

I was wrong

SO BORED

Started reading Unseen Academicals and it's okay but was expecting more from Mr. Pratchett tbh. Something's missing. Right on the money with the social commentary/satire though as usual so I'll keep going i guess

no plans for new years yet whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)