• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hi and welcome Captain Nemo! :wave: What are you planning to study?

amber44

HSC
SO BORED

Started reading Unseen Academicals and it's okay but was expecting more from Mr. Pratchett tbh. Something's missing. Right on the money with the social commentary/satire though as usual so I'll keep going i guess

no plans for new years yet whoops
What's the book about?

Long day at work today 7-6, but on the plus side finish at 1pm tomorrow and then driving to AIRLIE BEACH :D for 4-5 days.
Oh you're sooo lucky! Hope the weather is good, enjoy the break!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thanks Amber, weather was bad today where I am atm, heaps of rain/lightning. Wet season - what do you expect!

Booked airlie beach hotel for tomorrow night. Might try pinnacles for one night.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Long day at work today 7-6, but on the plus side finish at 1pm tomorrow and then driving to AIRLIE BEACH :D for 4-5 days.
long day? i worked 8-8 yesterday. and am working 8-finish today which will most likely be like 7pm or something

amber44

HSC
Hope everyone who is celebrating Christmas has a wonderful day doing whatever it is you're doing. For those not celebrating, enjoy the day likewise!

P.S. Does anyone here work in a bookstore?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hope everyone who is celebrating Christmas has a wonderful day doing whatever it is you're doing. For those not celebrating, enjoy the day likewise!

P.S. Does anyone here work in a bookstore?
work was pretty funny today.

i brought out like.. 7 trolleys of towels (was told to), then some other lady in the towels department says "omg what am i gonna do with all these towels!!! :mad1:"

also, i reckon brian (logistics manager) should be the DJ's santa, all he needs is a beard! and he'd do an awesome job of it i reckon =]

edit: also, i inwardly lol at the "Santa change room" sign on one of the doors in the back, every time i walk past it.

amber44

HSC
work was pretty funny today.

i brought out like.. 7 trolleys of towels (was told to), then some other lady in the towels department says "omg what am i gonna do with all these towels!!! :mad1:"

also, i reckon brian (logistics manager) should be the DJ's santa, all he needs is a beard! and he'd do an awesome job of it i reckon =]

edit: also, i inwardly lol at the "Santa change room" sign on one of the doors in the back, every time i walk past it.
Those towels will sell, they always do. Also, because the store is close to the beaches (the shire) we get alot of stock from other stores out in whop whop land, who couldn't sell a towel even if they tried to. I don't know about you but I didn't think it was THAT busy considering it was Christmas Eve. Anyways, Merry Christmas, enjoy the break!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
happy christmas usyders

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
long day? i worked 8-8 yesterday. and am working 8-finish today which will most likely be like 7pm or something
Um yeh and you probably work in an air conditioned work environment. I work in a coal mine with temps of 35-40 degrees and ground temps of 70+ degrees. The temps get crazy as the sun heats up the coal and reflects a lot of the heat onto you.

Do you work everyday or are you a casual given long shifts?

amber44

HSC
Um yeh and you probably work in an air conditioned work environment. I work in a coal mine with temps of 35-40 degrees and ground temps of 70+ degrees. The temps get crazy as the sun heats up the coal and reflects a lot of the heat onto you.

Do you work everyday or are you a casual given long shifts?
DO you really work in a mine?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
He's permabanned, if he makes anny future account which is associated with himself, it will be deleted immediately, etc etc.

Will be pretty difficult for him to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)