Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 2012-13 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Banned
HSC
So yet another year is over and Summer is starting in its usual rainy fashion. This thread serves as a general discussion thread for USYD students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So yet another year is over and Summer is starting in its usual rainy fashion. This thread serves as a general discussion thread for USYD students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.
You.

do you have maths resources for 2961?
I'm thinking of majoring in maths (as you know) and if I have any hope I'll need a head start because I'm a bit slow/stupid.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
blue suede said:
stuff like this makes you my patrick :')
How am I even Patrick?

He needs like ~love~ and when his bf has his ~bad times~ he like ~falls to shit~ and then needs to hook up with his friend (yes, I've done that but shuddup lol).

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
How am I even Patrick?

He needs like ~love~ and when his bf has his ~bad times~ he like ~falls to shit~ and then needs to hook up with his friend (yes, I've done that but shuddup lol).
just take the compliment already, gosh :p

(you know it's true)

jet

Banned
HSC
You.

do you have maths resources for 2961?
I'm thinking of majoring in maths (as you know) and if I have any hope I'll need a head start because I'm a bit slow/stupid.
What resources do you mean?

IMO if you learn it now you'll be burnt out and over it by Semester 1 anyway. Enjoy the holidays!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
just take the compliment already, gosh :p

(you know it's true)
I don't know what charaterises a Patrick though.

What resources do you mean?

IMO if you learn it now you'll be burnt out and over it by Semester 1 anyway. Enjoy the holidays!
Like tutorials/answers, they aren't on the site anymore. :(

And past exams or something

Yeah, but I'm sooooo bored.

jet

Banned
HSC

So read a regular book or play pokemon or something. Game of Thrones is a really good series that will keep you occupied for ages (if you've seen the TV series they're pretty much identical to each other).

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad

I've got all the second year material available on the websites :). If you can organize an easy way of delivering large files (~170 MB) I'll send them.

So read a regular book or play pokemon or something. Game of Thrones is a really good series that will keep you occupied for ages (if you've seen the TV series they're pretty much identical to each other).
There's more than enough time in the day to do enjoy all that stuff while still getting some math done. Agree with Game of Thrones, watch it ASAP.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm reading the Hunger Games. I think I'm a bit over pokemon atm.
I'll watch GoT as well. Lol. I'll finish that in like 3 days MAX.

I've got all the second year material available on the websites :). If you can organize an easy way of delivering large files (~170 MB) I'll send them.
Mediafire.

There's more than enough time in the day to do enjoy all that stuff while still getting some math done. Agree with Game of Thrones, watch it ASAP.
Yeah, this.

jet

Banned
HSC
I'm reading the Hunger Games. I think I'm a bit over pokemon atm.
I'll watch GoT as well. Lol. I'll finish that in like 3 days MAX.

Mediafire.

Yeah, this.
You should read Game of Thrones too.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
or lyk The Hobbit/Les Mis because the films are coming out

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
being gay.

eheheh

no but srs didn't we just talk about this
That I'm a slut (I'm not even a slut, and he isn't either), I'm pretty outgoing, that was basically me in school sort of except no flings with footy players or anything and there weren't any quiet kids to take under my wing. YAY!

You should read Game of Thrones too.
Ew. I'll just watch it.

or lyk The Hobbit/Les Mis because the films are coming out
Nah, fuck that I'll just watch the movies. Also, Les Mis movie would be better because MUSICALS!!!
And The Hobbit actually does not interest me that much, I like fell asleep a billion times before I finished watching LOTR and reading it I got up to like page 10

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just found books 2-5 of the Song of Ice and Fire series on my iPad (my mum downloads so many iBooks she never reads)

EDIT: SHE HAS "ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES" BY CHARLES DARWIN ON HERE!!! WHY?!?! SHE IS NOT SCIENCE-Y AT ALL!!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
darwin wasn't a scientist. he was a social revolutionary.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone recommend a good series? I've watched TWD, GoT and I'm over Breaking Bad.

Preferably something new + a fantasy/sci-fi twist but I'm open to anything.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Can anyone recommend a good series? I've watched TWD, GoT and I'm over Breaking Bad.

Preferably something new + a fantasy/sci-fi twist but I'm open to anything.
Firefly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)