Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

O

ookii saru

I'm doing a log book assignment involving three sources that can be interelated, and also relate their imaginative journeys to coleridge poetry.

Any suggestions??

Bowds

HSC-ified
HSC
Eric Bogosian has a fantastic text in his monologue show "Wake Up and Smell The Coffee". It deals with the journey an actor/writer takes their audience on throughout their show.

Cheers.

Bowds

HSC-ified
HSC
msackles said:
i was wondering if the xmen films and the movie serenity are suitable texts for imaginative journeys?

The xmen films are a bit touch-and-go. I suppose they would work but remember, in the world of the film these aren't imaginary. They're only imaginary when viewed from our perception.

sw1tch

HSC
Song: "Metropolis Pt 1 - The Miracle and The Sleeper" by Dream Theater.

O

ookii saru

Yeah, explain to me if my thinking is wrong, but doesn't ALL fiction work for imaginative journey because it is a representation of the authors imagination? Or because it takes the responder (us) on an imaginative journey?
Or should we be exploring sources that contribute to the concept of imaginative journey (eg a film in which the main character goes on an imaginative journey).

In what sense are we required to analyse our texts?

Brittskiness

HSC
I have chosen to do "lucy in the sky with diamonds" and i think i have written it really well. The only problem is now that i have come onto this site, i have realised it is a very popular text. I wish i had known that before... But i seriously didnt and now i dont have time to change it.
Can anyone give me an extra idea to add to my assesment to make it sound better then the average person who has written about this text in the past?

ilovefrenzal

HSC
daniel you dog... getting help off bos forums is for the weak. don't pretend i didnt see you.

omg spam!

O

ookii saru

Benjamin you negro, I was actually sharing my opinion rather than requesting help.

PS Just wait until UAI time

ilovefrenzal

HSC
ookii saru said:
I'm doing a log book assignment involving three sources that can be interelated, and also relate their imaginative journeys to coleridge poetry.

Any suggestions??
YA RLY!!

Mel_b

HSC
Brittskiness said:
I have chosen to do "lucy in the sky with diamonds" and i think i have written it really well. The only problem is now that i have come onto this site, i have realised it is a very popular text. I wish i had known that before... But i seriously didnt and now i dont have time to change it.
Can anyone give me an extra idea to add to my assesment to make it sound better then the average person who has written about this text in the past?

You've got plenty of time to change texts - there's still 9 months to go :). If you've got an assessment coming up, keep LSD for that, and just make sure you make really clear links with your thesis, and your core text. Originality is less important than quality, especially when this is the fourth year of this AOS. Having said that, it's important, especially this year, to make the effort to find something original. English teachers and markers love translations of foreign language texts, and independent films - keep an eye out for anything you find interesting screening at the Dendy or Palace this year.

El-Tasho

HSC
For imaginative journeys:

Stargate SG-1 Season 3 Episode 10 'Forever in a Day' pretty awsome stuff. XD

Edit: Also. has anyone looked at Donnie Darko?

Last edited:

pc4pc

HSC
El-Tasho said:
For imaginative journeys:

Stargate SG-1 Season 3 Episode 10 'Forever in a Day' pretty awsome stuff. XD

Edit: Also. has anyone looked at Donnie Darko?
DD is quite a popular choice

staced

HSC
Hey guys,
would anyone have any quick ideas for little red riding hood as an imaginative journey?
any help would be appreciated

sirsmelalot

HSC
I'm doing an oscar wilde short story (the selfish giant) and then a futurama episode ('anthology'- sorry, i've forgotten what season its in...), but theyre pretty good, and are easily related to coleridge...

good luck!

milktea02

HSC
N/A
Vicly said:
Does anyone know any visual texts which represents any of Coleridge's poems?

On about page 9 someone already posted http://susansart.org/sacred%20journey.jpg as a representation of lime tree or mariner, can anyone care to explain to me how it would represent the poems or imaginative journey for that matter?

Thanks!
I need to create a poster as visual representation for my homework asiisgnment whcih is supposed to link 1 coleridge poem and 1 related text.

when i saw the pic (from link above)
i wondered how you can explain it links to imgainative journey or coleridge
btw since i can't draw i was wondering how i can find good abstrat painting or visuals for my poster
m thinking of doing kubla khan n animal farm, do u think they link well?
i thought the perfect world Coleridge imagines in kubla khan links to animal farm whr da animals want a world with no human control.
but like Coleridge realse the perfect place does not exist so do the animals in animal farm as the pigs become like human.
or i was thinking of doing 'the wish' by roald dohl or 'the selfish giant' by oscar wilde do u think they relate better to any particular coleridge poem?
any advice or comment is greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)