Swine Virus (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Re: Swine flu in Australia

The swine flu, like many diseases in the past were a natural way to exterminate species. In modern society, these diseases are now less destructive thanks to modern medicine and general prevention techniques.
But the flu now seeks revenge by mutating and people react by stocking up on shitloads of Tamiflu and who knows when the flu will become resistant to it.
Not only that, filthy bastards leave the bathroom after a piss without washing their hands properly with soap.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Re: Swine flu in Australia

Not only that, filthy bastards leave the bathroom after a piss without washing their hands properly with soap.
I hate it when people do that!
I used to see UNI lecturers who come out of the toilet cubicle without washing their hands and i was left thinking "hey wtf!?"... I was so close to asking people to come back and wash their hands, on a couple of occasions.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
yeah i think its gonna be fine...
i haven't really heard much about it lately... i guess everyone just over reacted when it first came to light
So because you haven't heard much about it lately, it's all gone. Hasn't claimed a life in Canada, and Costa Rico. Hasn't spread to another 5 countries in the last few days. Hasn't had 2,000 confirmed cased in nearly 50 states in the U.S

Nope, none of that matters because someguy has ceased paying attention to what WHO has rightly classified as a pandemic.

You really are fucking stupid.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol I did the facebook quiz on 'will you die from the swine virus' and my result is that I will die...

this is scary...

nisseltaria

HSC
That died down fast, now didn't it?
I'll assume you're talking about the media frenzy. The actual epidemic is stillgoing strong (though the death rate now appears to be closer to 1% than 5), and it is likely to officially go pandemic this week - see Japan.

Gazd92

HSC
DUDES wtf is with all the "swine flu" crap thats been going around?
its like one kid falls ill with a fatal flu, so we all just diss the pigs???
not cool man.
:confused:
anyway, this will probably turn out to be another "sars" or something, which takes away a minute population of humanity, think of it as the Earth fighting back.. sheesh, good one mankind :haha:
(LOL)

Jaylee42003

HSC
Hmm..I heard on the radio this arvo that there were two confirmed cases Swine Flu in Australia just very recently..a woman and a 9 yr old boy.
Guess it was going to happen. Hopefully they get it under control and contain it before it breaks out here. Idk...maybe we should all stock up on facemasks just in case.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I believe it was an Australian woman overseas that recovered before coming back to Australia and an Australian boy overseas.

Joel8945

HSC
Now look at what has come up:

Six Aussie swine flu cases confirmed (Six Aussie swine flu cases confirmed)!

So basically 3 of the infected are brothers and yay out of all the states it was Victoria to have the first confirmed case. Oh and whats even better is that I live 11km away from Clifton Hill! Oh and its 3km away from my university!

Oh I must add that this virus (H1N1) saw Australia back in 1918 killing 12,000 people. Now back to this flu, about 10,000 people are infected (so we only hold about 0.06% of the total flu cases) with it.

Ok so this year we have had a global financial crisis, bush fires in victoria and now the swine flu (pandemic - yes I would say its a pandemic).

Gee christmas has come early this year.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Now look at what has come up:

Six Aussie swine flu cases confirmed (Six Aussie swine flu cases confirmed)!

So basically 3 of the infected are brothers and yay out of all the states it was Victoria to have the first confirmed case. Oh and whats even better is that I live 11km away from Clifton Hill! Oh and its 3km away from my university!

Oh I must add that this virus (H1N1) saw Australia back in 1918 killing 12,000 people. Now back to this flu, about 10,000 people are infected (so we only hold about 0.06% of the total flu cases) with it.

Ok so this year we have had a global financial crisis, bush fires in victoria and now the swine flu (pandemic - yes I would say its a pandemic).

Gee christmas has come early this year.
swine flu h1n1 =/= spanish h1n1

Wish4WINGS

HSC
HOAX!
Does anyone else remember bird flu? Sounds familiar. Yeh that lasted for a month or two, was suppossed to end the world (exaggeration). Yeh but then people where just like meh, just another flu.
Talking to a biology teacher in one of my study periods today and it came up and he said that the death rate will end up being around 0.6% just like other flus.
So talk about it in 6 months and see where we are at and if you are dead,my condolances to your family

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
HOAX!
Does anyone else remember bird flu? Sounds familiar. Yeh that lasted for a month or two, was suppossed to end the world (exaggeration). Yeh but then people where just like meh, just another flu.
Talking to a biology teacher in one of my study periods today and it came up and he said that the death rate will end up being around 0.6% just like other flus.
So talk about it in 6 months and see where we are at and if you are dead,my condolances to your family
OH YOUR BIOLOGY TEACHER.

MASTERS OF SCIENCE.

(p.s. that's why they're high school bio teachers and not anything else)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)