Taiwanese man dies after watching Avatar (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
A 42-year-old Taiwanese man with a history of high blood pressure has died of a stroke likely triggered by over-excitement from watching the blockbuster Avatar in 3D, a doctor says.
The man, identified only by his surname Kuo, started to feel unwell during the screening earlier this month in the northern city of Hsinchu and was taken to hospital.
Kuo, who suffered from hypertension, was unconscious when he arrived at the Nan Men General Hospital and a scan showed that his brain was haemorrhaging, emergency room doctor Peng Chin-chih said on Tuesday.
"It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms," he said.
Kuo died 11 days later from the brain haemorrhage, and the China Times newspaper said it was the first death linked to watching James Cameron's science-fiction epic Avatar.
Film blogging sites have reported complaints of headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry eyesight from viewers of Avatar and other movies rich in 3D imagery.
Taiwan man dies after watching Avatar - Film - Entertainment - smh.com.au

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Re: Chinese guy dies after watching Avatar

Taiwan isn't part of China you morons.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC

It makes no sense at all to describe Taiwanese as Chinese anymore. People from Taiwan themselves self-describe as Taiwanese.

Also, well done linking to an article on mainland Chinese nationalism.
theyre only in taiwan because they fled there during the revolution...its funny how italians have been here since the 50s but their grandkids still call themselves italian

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Reminds me of the pokemon seizures all those years ago

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC

Haha, coincidence, I saw Avatar today. Best fucking movie I have ever seen, I got so into it. A weak plot and could have been more imaginative, but fucks sake it was hot...

But yeah, really sad. Terrible.

Last edited:

badquinton304

HSC

It's more awesome than dying in your sleep or on a hospital bed. I want to die whilst driving a motorbike through a stained glass window and being struck by lightning whilst being chased by an army of ninjas, robots, pirates and vikings.

zstar

HSC
N/A

Taiwan isn't part of China you morons.
Taiwan is known as the Republic of China therefore they are still China although pro-independence people would disagree.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

Haha, coincidence, I saw Avatar today. Best fucking movie I have ever seen, I got so into it. A weak plot and could have been more imaginative, but fucks sake it was hot...

But yeah, really sad. Terrible.
m8, that plot was sickeningly leftist and i'd call myself a small l liberal

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC

m8, that plot was sickeningly leftist and i'd call myself a small l liberal
Haha, yeah. But I found myself, a true patriot if ever there was one, cheering on the natives killing the Americans. Any movie that can make me do that has got to be good at what it does.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

"Avatar is so awesome, some people might get so excited that they die"

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Yes, all Taiwanese people are of Han chinese ancestry. Except for the indigenous people.

~::UAI::~

Life is Wonderful
HSC

whoever says Taiwan is not a part of china, please revisit the history book, and make a intellectual and informed decision.

I am fed up with people who are brainwashed by USA to actually think that taiwan is not a part of china.

it is only not a part of china because USA prevented it from doing so.

If u deline the indisputable fact that Taiwan is a part of china, then it clearly shows a lots of ignorance on ur part ==

Sgt Grumbles

Banned
HSC
N/A

Haha, yeah. But I found myself, a true patriot if ever there was one, cheering on the natives killing the Americans. Any movie that can make me do that has got to be good at what it does.
I was the opposite, I was cheering as the freedom lovers destroyed the natives.

I was the only one in the cinema doing this.

FUCK YEAH UNOBTANIUM, TAKE THAT YOU GAIA WORSHIPPING CUNTS!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

whoever says Taiwan is not a part of china, please revisit the history book, and make a intellectual and informed decision.

I am fed up with people who are brainwashed by USA to actually think that taiwan is not a part of china.

it is only not a part of china because USA prevented it from doing so.

If u deline the indisputable fact that Taiwan is a part of china, then it clearly shows a lots of ignorance on ur part ==
You have to be a pretty big moron to ignore the desires of the Taiwanese people themselves. I guess you qualify.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)