Take a look at my Major Work.... (1 Viewer)

ROOOTI

;)

wow, u guys artworks are really good, im hopng i can upload my artwork on , some time soon, im cheering its finally finished, its like stress is what i best work on.. its weird.. .. i dunoo my teacher kinda said i have a 'slight' chance of ggetting my artwork in to artexpress.. but hey, im never geting my hopes up for jack!,,, last time i did, was at this shakspeare festival..lol better stop now b4 i start spilling me guts.. hhehehe

anywas lil ppl.. i shall be back with my artwork posted,,

i really like the suiciide vs journey,, its almost draws the viewer in, to read and try to peice everythng together, same goes for the seven sins one... really good.. its nice i guess just to see wat other ppl hav been up with.. really good quality stuff
anwyays,,
cheers ;)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
errrrmmmm...saladsugery...haha no. but...which blonde kid are u talking about?!?! there's a blonde kid in me major....??

anyway, thanks, i guess..?
nah not in the work, on one of your pages, like will said:

http://www.jian.tvheaven.com/photo3.html

there's one photo -- presumably of you -- and then a selection of random photos of some blonde kid -- repeated twice over, with generic captions. hmmm...???

strange blond kid...

Will

HSC
N/A
woah woah is that how johnson looks like
what a sex beast
*growl*

pity he looks gay

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
err....

lol. nah, that kid is like the generic kid thingy that was on the site thingy and i couldn't be fecked to delete it. besides, i thought it was funny, the stuff they write...how lame-o.

and the guy...is will. so he's the one who looks like a fag haha. haha willy i have EXPOSED YOU, bitch!!
=P

Lisaaargh

Wow

Wow all of u ppl who put links to their artworks are great!

I just finished mine (thank god) and hopefully everythings all good.

My artworks are about Jesus and God being females.. heaps cool aye!

I did a appropriation of Brett Whiteley's self portrait in studio but in my perspective of stuff... but i only have like about 4 artworks so I hope i do good.. I wanna get picked for artexpress tho! How great would that be!

Anyway i'll catch ya's later

Lisa

Iceprincess

Wow, I like it!
I admire anyone who approaches an artwork without hesitation, I'm one of those shmucks that plans and plans and I never like the end product anyway.

I know an ex-student who started the Friday before it was due (already with a canvas ready), got sloshed on a bottle of wine with a friend and slapped the paint around on the canvas all night. She ended up with this amazing expressionist work and got into Artexpress. I guess there is hope for all of us :p

sirloki

HSC
the poignancy of honesty

hmmm brutal honesty mr mecury. Let's see should I begin with the fact that you are full of yourself "i finished my artwork in 4days" whack whack whack so what does that say - that you are some master no perhaps more accurately that you are an indolent fool.

Your work is compareable to one of those abience visuals that accompany music in windows media player, revolutionary stuff. Completely void of any conceptual depth from my subjective frame i see a digital photograph of red and green gummi bears distorted in photoshop and then painted.
Perhaps if you hadn't been pathetically infantile enough to base it upon someone elses concepts ie. Radiohead , it might grab some measure of abstract acclaim, enough anyway to convince the simpleton masses that you are an "artist".
Consider what a real artist such as Mr Keenan or Mr Thom Yorke might say if you said "huh huh i finished my work in 4 days with hardley any effort and guess what Tom the canvases are based on your songs, dont you think I am clever huh huh"

wake up and smell the coffee mr mecury
:hammer: :hammer:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
umm ... hey dude, chill out, mercury drinker never boasted bout how good he was or whatever .... he merely said that he left his artwork till the last minute so he had only four days in which to finish it..! dude, he never said that he was clever or a gifted artist, i think you're a bit stressed out sirloki! =P

=)

NATMAN

Title: Secret Admirer

Media: Oil paint on perspex, digital images

This body of work, presented in a comical plot, attempts to question what made the painting Mona Lisa famous. Was it scandal, technique, advertising, the public what was it? If Lisa di Antonio Maria di Noldo Gherardini, who was not famous at all when she sat for this portrait, could be widely admired around the world, I wonder if the digitally composed and processed portrait of myself posing like her also could become famous. My work also tries to point out that Lisas hypnotising smile has to change and she has to leave, as she cannot adapt with the transition that occurs in the background. The contemporary background images are photos of landscapes of my hometown in Indonesia. As she walks out, I walk in, feeling satisfied, confident and on a mission to become famous.

Attachments

NATMAN

Thank you roo :) Yup, it is the statement that goes with the artwork.

Do you do art as well?

Last edited:

roo

HSC
yup, my work, is somewhere on this thread i think. :)

did you send ur statement in? i didnt really want to.

NATMAN

Yeah, the statement was optional, but I decided to include mine. We had an exhibition before it was sent in, in which the artworks were also marked - 30% of our internal assessment mark. I found that people didn't quite understand the intention of the work until they read the statement... so then I decided to include the statement along with the work.

The works were marked by 5 external and 5 internal markers and I got 44/50 ... I hope that's kindda mark that I'll get.... Several ppl got the higher marks... one 50/50, a couple 48/50 and few 45-46/50 ... maybe they were too generous, i dunno.

What did everyone else get?

I'm a bit worried tho since i mentioned the country of origin in the statement. I have a feeling that people who bring cultural influence into their works don't tend to get good marks... I hope I were wrong.

Anyway, what does your work look like? The URL that you posted doesn't work... mind if you repost it again so I can see? :)

Last edited:

phunky

I liked ur work. it looks like u spent quite somtime on it.
I wouldpost up a pic of my major work- but hey my scanner doesn't work.
I did a 80 * 70 cm panel of a work inspired by william robinson. The painting is based on my local area, in which i researched houses, wildlife, flora etc. i then id 16 little paitings which are close ups of the original panel, and placed on either side of the painting, on boards.
The painting cosisted of the sky in the middle and houses and landscape which swirls around it...
anyway... it was fun and i pray thati get a good mark and if i get into art express, i'll b cheering.
just outta interest, what mark did u get for ur artwork for trials?

NATMAN

Thanks phunky... yeah quite sometimes, 10 weeks of regular work. The 44/50 was my practice trial mark.

Your artwork sounds very good and you must've spent sometime too planning and doing the work. You should go well... I heard that if you based your work on someone else's (i.e. inspired by well-known artists) then you should go well... it's an indication that you've planned your work thoroughly, and shows your knowledge of 'art' ... :)

phunky

Wow, I am inpressed by ur mark! You know, they pick art worsk in the high 40's to b in art express. So if u did that well in trials, u might just get that 48 or 49! and i think it was quite original, unlike others i have seen in previous art express works.
When i handed it in for the trials I also had music on at the same time so I didn;t really get to work on it as much as I wish I had worked on it so i only got 33. but that was also i had only finished the first panel at that time. I was full excited when I first started and then I slowed own. i was orignally going to paint a portriat of my dog! then it just got to incorporating the neighbourhood!
How did u start to figure out what u wanted to do? did u get ur idea right away as soon as u started yr 12? cos it took me quite a few goes b4 i was happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)