Teachers on Strike (1 Viewer)

yogaba

HSC
It's sad that people can whine about the carbon tax, the flood levy and make a HUGE deal about making billion dollar industries pay for the the resources they get profit from (ie. the mining tax) but being concerned with people getting lower and lower salaries and wages every year is just too whiny :/

acemusic415

HSC
I think you guys omitted the fact that they state government wants to change schooling hours extending it from 8am to 4;30. I'd be pretty furious... 6 hours of school is pain and anguish. That's what the strike is also addressing.

HSC
I think you guys omitted the fact that they state government wants to change schooling hours extending it from 8am to 4;30. I'd be pretty furious... 6 hours of school is pain and anguish. That's what the strike is also addressing.
school is the easiest thing you will ever do

if that is pain and anguish, neck yourself asap

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Is the 12 weeks of paid holidays also anguishing?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Illegal strikes by public servants

Strike of no consequence

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's sad that people can whine about the carbon tax, the flood levy and make a HUGE deal about making billion dollar industries pay for the the resources they get profit from (ie. the mining tax) but being concerned with people getting lower and lower salaries and wages every year is just too whiny :/
are

are you serious

are you fucking kidding me have you even read anything in this thread

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
lol what do you mean wages will be getting lower and lower. they will still be able to rise by 2.5% ffs and comparative jobs in the public sector often pay way better than in the private sector. fuck up about them being so hard done by, out of all the public sector workers (if you want to compare teachers with nurses), teachers have it the easiest and should learn to stfu

oh man what, 8-4:30? so you mean A NORMAL WORKING DAY?

HSC
lol what do you mean wages will be getting lower and lower. they will still be able to rise by 2.5% ffs and comparative jobs in the public sector often pay way better than in the private sector. fuck up about them being so hard done by, out of all the public sector workers (if you want to compare teachers with nurses), teachers have it the easiest and should learn to stfu

oh man what, 8-4:30? so you mean A NORMAL WORKING DAY?
she means relative to inflation and no lol private sector>public always
always

but public sector makes up for it with job security, better working conditions, low accountability etc

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
she means relative to inflation and no lol private sector>public always
always

but public sector makes up for it with job security, better working conditions, low accountability etc
m8 if i was private i dont think i would get paid as much as i do now for the amount of work i dont do

but some jobs clearly yes, engineers etc but nurses dont get paid more in private nursing homes and shit. i said comparative jobs, not ~all jobs~

i read that ok and i cant find the link but public job salaries have been climbing steadily over the past few years whereas the private sector has somewhat stagnated due to ~no monies~

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Whiniest thread I have seen in a while, confirmed teacher.
No you fool. Believe what you want but just because someone has a different perspective to you doesn't mean they're a whiny old teacher. I'm completing my HSC this year.

And calm your farm. Stop swearing at everything and raging.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No you fool. Believe what you want but just because someone has a different perspective to you doesn't mean they're a whiny old teacher. I'm completing my HSC this year.

And calm your farm. Stop swearing at everything and raging.
Stop being an irrational knob then. Teachers aren't going to suddenly start starving or be unable to pay their bills because their pay raises are capped, they're acting like they've just been told they're getting a 20% deduction every year, and they're already well paid anyway. They're just whinges.

also you're fine to have a different view point, but it's wrong

Garygaz

HSC

half a year of holidays ain't enough for some.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

if they solved more crimes, fought more fires/saved more kittens stuck up trees, and taught more kids they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place

shame on them

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Yeah this will have no actual impact

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

Basically these guys are just finding ways of alienating themselves from the rest of society so that when they do have a genuine cause, everyone will tell them to fuck themselves and their 12 weeks of holidays.

edit: oh yeah and firefighters idk whatever

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If the poster is also known as 'cem', then you'd be correct.
The poster who made that post is NOT cem. I work in a private school and so am not affected. That doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on this issue but I also don't believe that this is a forum for me, as a teacher, to comment.

I don't use two names on here. If I did it would, I believe, affect the credibility I hope I have built up here with the students I have tried to help over the years.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

how many private sector jobs even get a guaranteed 2.5% increase every year no question?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

Basically these guys are just finding ways of alienating themselves from the rest of society so that when they do have a genuine cause, everyone will tell them to fuck themselves and their 12 weeks of holidays.

edit: oh yeah and firefighters idk whatever
demand performance-based pay for firefighters!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)