Textbook lists for Actuarial/ Eco at unsw ? (1 Viewer)

Elise8842

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm gonna be studying ACCT1501, ECON1101, MATH1151, FINS1613 for the first semester, does anyone have ideas about what the textbooks are? So that I can start looking for them :)

Thank in advance :p

~

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can try this out later on just before the semester starts:

https://www.bookshop.unsw.edu.au/

However if you wanted to grab the textbooks that were used last year for the same course (they archive it), go to the bookshop whenever you like and ask them what prescribed textbooks were previously used. Note that there is a chance that it won't be your prescribed textbook however for when you do the course.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
don't get the maths textbook for math1151 lol, no one i know found it useful

Elise8842

HSC
N/A
don't get the maths textbook for math1151 lol, no one i know found it useful
You can try this out later on just before the semester starts:

https://www.bookshop.unsw.edu.au/

However if you wanted to grab the textbooks that were used last year for the same course (they archive it), go to the bookshop whenever you like and ask them what prescribed textbooks were previously used. Note that there is a chance that it won't be your prescribed textbook however for when you do the course.

Thank you guys!

~

CaptainPrice

HSC
Anyone 2nd years know which textbook you had to use for ECON1101?

Also, does it even use a textbook or do we mainly receive notes/lectures?

nightweaver066

HSC
For ECON1101, the course is very centred around the textbook and homework is assigned from it so you need to buy it.

For MATH1151, no need for the textbook.

For FINS1613, I didn't find the textbook useful and you really just need MyFinanceLab (if the lecturer is the same and homework is still those online quizzes).

mreditor16

HSC
For ECON1101, the course is very centred around the textbook and homework is assigned from it so you need to buy it.

For MATH1151, no need for the textbook.

For FINS1613, I didn't find the textbook useful and you really just need MyFinanceLab (if the lecturer is the same and homework is still those online quizzes).
how about ACCT1501 and MGMT1001? :)

mreditor16

HSC
Guys correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the textbooks for each of these units. have I left anything out?

MATH1151 - Calculus One & Several Variables (altho everyone says its shit and not worth the money) + Course Pack (where do u get this from? what does it include? I heard its good!)

ACCT1501 - Financial Accounting - An Integrated Approach

ECON1101 - Principles of Microeconomics

MGMT1001 - Managing Organisations & People

CaptainPrice

HSC

mreditor16

HSC
Guys correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the textbooks for each of these units. have I left anything out?

MATH1151 - Calculus One & Several Variables (altho everyone says its shit and not worth the money) + Course Pack (where do u get this from? what does it include? I heard its good!)

ACCT1501 - Financial Accounting - An Integrated Approach

ECON1101 - Principles of Microeconomics

MGMT1001 - Managing Organisations & People
From what I hear these are the PRESCRIBED textbooks. Any recommendations on SUPPLEMENTARY textbooks/resources for these courses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)