The 2004 HSC - English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
welshi said:
yeah it was really contrived i found. but then so is the whole course.
i compared it with that ursula leguin quote - it is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end. i said that without the journey the arrival is meaningless, but some destination is necessary to allow the traveller to reflect on and acknowledge the changes the journey has wrought in them.

whole lot of wanky bull, really.
wow i used the same quote, it fitted so well

!!belle!!

that was so easy thats y i am so pissed off cos i talk so much i ran outta time 2 do 2 n 3 i did it but 2 was crap i didnt even get it ho wmuch mark su reckon ill lose for not finishign two

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i thought it was a really fair paper. nice questions, nothing surprising. all very simple. :)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
u will lose marks if u didnt finish a question or u rushed it... but its in the past maybe u can make up for it on wednesday!
holy shit i was just talking to some north sydney boys and heaps did over 30 pages, in fact one guy wrote 47 pages all up, what the fuck is with that????

derek_

HSC
nailed the sucker - now to do some random revision for modules :-'(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I wouldve used about that. Wish I wrote more though.

Scanorama

HSC
Question 1 was all right, for the first time I actually understand what it said and knew what I wrote on the answer. Question 2 was a shocker, I did so bad in that part. Question 3 started off pretty well until I ran out of time, I rushed off the additional material bit *sigh*

I need to do more study for Wednesday to make up the marks, hopefully I will pass....

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
aaaahhh! wednesdays one is gonna be like hell! i rekon the timing isnt gonna be enough for me 2 finish all my essays and i have another test the day after and i dont even have time 2 study 4 it properly....owelll........

nybor

Dissapointing Exam

I find it peculiar that they do not want students to simply 'morph' or 'edit' prepared essays and then they give broad essay questions, I am certainly not complaining, but, I think they are being a bit self defeating if they really want to see some original writing.

Maybe they will mark hard, I never did like the ambiguity of "atleast 1 related material" our teachers use it all the time and no one, no matter how well presented their essay has been, with appropriate comparisons well documented with quotes, has ever achieved full marks by doing 1 related material. Maybe we have tough teachers, maybe the question should be more direct and not hide behind some thinly veiled separator, for the best from the good.

And perhaps most importantly maybe the Board of Studies should take a journey of the heart and find some compassion.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Gah. Ran out of time on the essay...filled a whole booklet for section one though...essay only ended up being 7pages long and most of it was crap. The rest of the paper was okay...except there were 4 texts for section one...not three as i expected

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
wooo

the paper was f**KED for me.. i took the wrong approach.. i did the qtn 3 first.. so that constrained my time... i completed sect 1 and 3 but only got a page a bit of sect 2...

all hinges on paper 2

Rabz_17

I thought exam was half alright. The only problem i found was how open Section 3 was, if that can be counted as a problem.

Section 1 - 3 pages
Section 2 - 4 pages
Section 3 - 6 or 7 pages (can't remember exact, did it first)

urban-angel

20 yo! =)
HSC
hmmm..it was okay i guess..and yes, section three was a bit too "out there". I expected it to be more ...constraint? gah, oh well managed to fill a whole booklet for it. Did anyone get confused with question a) in section 1? questions i) and ii) were quite similar..

Melody

HSC
N/A
The exam was not impossible but that said I forgot almost all of my quotes, even ideas for question 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaggh........... I could remember Moby Dick really well but barely any of Skrzynecki (hey, another name I am never going to have to type again).

I needed AoS to pick up what I know will be dismal marks in Modules :(
To make the rest of you who also cannot write much feel better...
Section I: 5 pages
Section II: 4 pages
Section III: 3.5 pages of BS

God help my soul
Lol, went into the exam with my little buddha, guardian angel, a piece of knotted rope (tie a knot and hang on) and two pairs of rosary beads around my neck (one a school grad present, the RE co-ordinator at our grad mass told us about how you are not supposed to wear them around your neck, so we did :) )

Lol, I have mormons praying for me now! Amazing who you meet at your doorstep... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)