The 4400 (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Yeah, but I hate those kind of endings, they kill me:(. So do you think there will be more episodes? I doubt it:(.
I actually hope not.. I generally prefer these films to leave loose ends than to answer it all, because it keeps you thinking for a long time to come. If they just answered absolutely everything.. we'd just go: "Oh.. ok" and get over it, which I don't want to happen because I absolutely adored this film.

HSC
N/A
Wow... I was absolutely riveted from 8:30pm yesterday!

I'm glad they left it the way they did. I want more of an "ending", and the episodes that will be filmed next year satisfy that desire.

One problem though - Patrick Flueger is over there, and not here! HE'S SUCH A HOTTIE! I WANT HIM!

Back to the actual 4400...

Does anyone hope that the annoying Lyttal guy will die in the next episode (I certainly hope so), and that we find out more about Lily's baby... sounds a bit like another messiah story. Oh, and what's going to happen to Shaun?!

At the end of the series, will everyone return to normal (and thus powerless) like Kyle is?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Yes there will be more episodes but they haven't been filmed yet.
http://66.77.88.171/ubb/usa/html/ubb/Forum52/HTML/000495.html for more info
That is good news, although I don't know whether to believe this person, saying he knows one of the actors in it and all:).

JKDDragon said:
I actually hope not.. I generally prefer these films to leave loose ends than to answer it all, because it keeps you thinking for a long time to come. If they just answered absolutely everything.. we'd just go: "Oh.. ok" and get over it, which I don't want to happen because I absolutely adored this film.
Oh, I would much rather see a finalised movie/television series. I hate thinking about conclusions for weeks after I have seen the movie:(.

Plus, I thought the girl was pretty;).

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Back to the actual 4400...

Does anyone hope that the annoying Lyttal guy will die in the next episode (I certainly hope so), and that we find out more about Lily's baby... sounds a bit like another messiah story. Oh, and what's going to happen to Shaun?!

At the end of the series, will everyone return to normal (and thus powerless) like Kyle is?
Lyttal? There is a theory that Lily's baby could be the messiah to save humankind.
And no one knows about the returning to normal bit.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well the ending is just asking for more follow up episodes doesnt it...

theres way too many loose ends for it 2 be THE ending.... its not just an open ending like say the village this is more like matrix reloaded (minus the to be continued...) where the answer to 1 question gave birth 2 many more....

hope they make a better than the half arsed attempt they did for matrix revolution

edit
lyttal is the fed guy... something looks suss about him and i doubt they'll kill him off immediately ... i can just see his potential as a "surprising twist" when this franchise begins to flag....

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
I actually thought The Matrix Revolutions and Reloaded were really good. Alot of people seem to misjudge it, based on some things done poor.. such as the pacing of the 2nd film.. but overall there is an overwhelming amount of depth in the sequels which most people didn't really get a chance to see. I know as a devout Matrix fan; spent months after the final one discussing the implecations with others.. and the open-endedness only fuelled the fire. The presentation of those concepts were the real problems for the film.. and I certainly hope that they don't make the same mistake with the new 4400 episodes. I rarely tune to television nowadays but this show has rejuvinated my faith towards the old box again.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
ALthough this miniseries couldve been much better, the concept was well executed and I did care about the characters. I loved the revelation and liked how it was left at the end. In the US they watched it in 1 hour segments over 5 weeks and I just couldnt imagine it like that, it would have had less of an impact by the end. Anywho, I enjoyed the 4400.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Trigger189 said:
ALthough this miniseries couldve been much better, the concept was well executed and I did care about the characters. I loved the revelation and liked how it was left at the end. In the US they watched it in 1 hour segments over 5 weeks and I just couldnt imagine it like that, it would have had less of an impact by the end. Anywho, I enjoyed the 4400.
I agree, 1 hour a week for 5 weeks seems pretty bad. For the newer episodes, I'm willing to wait that extra time just so they can release 'the whole package' within a short duration (i.e cram in the episodes into 'megasodes') rather than to watch them in 1 hour episodes for 13 weeks.. or something like that.

HSC
N/A
Hear hear!

Damn, pity about Lyttal. I want to kill him myself. And that Jonathan? no wait, the rich millionare trying to whole the entire 4400 population into SimCity. I want to kill him too.

As for Matrix:
I loved the first one, but was disappointed in the second and third one because I felt that they just got a littttttle too excited playing with their technology toys and got carried away with their own cleverness. The intrigue in the first Matrix was WONDERFUL though. I just felt after that one, they went a little too Star-Wars-ey

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I agree, 1 hour a week for 5 weeks seems pretty bad. For the newer episodes, I'm willing to wait that extra time just so they can release 'the whole package' within a short duration (i.e cram in the episodes into 'megasodes') rather than to watch them in 1 hour episodes for 13 weeks.. or something like that.
Yeah, two hour episodes would be good, three is maybe slightly too long:).

Edit: Actually that is probably because I watched "Friends" and "Malcolm in the Middle" beforehand. Three hour episodes would be fine:).

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Yeah, two hour episodes would be good, three is maybe slightly too long:).

Edit: Actually that is probably because I watched "Friends" and "Malcolm in the Middle" beforehand. Three hour episodes would be fine:).
Oh mate, I wouldn't mind one bit if it was a 13 episode marathon. :D:D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Oh mate, I wouldn't mind one bit if it was a 13 episode marathon. :D:D
Oh, that is too long:eek:! I think I would lose concentration and not take in the full experience:p.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I actually thought The Matrix Revolutions and Reloaded were really good. Alot of people seem to misjudge it, based on some things done poor.. such as the pacing of the 2nd film.. but overall there is an overwhelming amount of depth in the sequels which most people didn't really get a chance to see. I know as a devout Matrix fan; spent months after the final one discussing the implecations with others.. and the open-endedness only fuelled the fire. The presentation of those concepts were the real problems for the film.. and I certainly hope that they don't make the same mistake with the new 4400 episodes. I rarely tune to television nowadays but this show has rejuvinated my faith towards the old box again.
nothing wrong with reloaded, it was right up there with the 1st movie.... it'd have been even better if it was followed up... however revolutions just lacked ... and that tainted reloaded

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
So were the other people (who took the 4400) from another dimension:confused:?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Nah the people who took the 4400 were people (on earth) from the future.
How could that be though? People are only around once. I just don't get it. How can the be two lots of humanity:confused:?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
nothing wrong with reloaded, it was right up there with the 1st movie.... it'd have been even better if it was followed up... however revolutions just lacked ... and that tainted reloaded
I understand what you're complaining about with Revos.. i.e a total action flick which tended to really leave the Matrix philosophy on the shelves.. but what you've gotta remember is the sequel-'s' were actually meant to be _a_ 'sequel', but due to the length of the script and the unfeasibility of releasing one big 4 hour movie to the market, Warner Bros made the early decisions to slice to film into two films, to be released independently.. so if you consider the 'sequels' to be one flick, then it would make more sense (Producer Joel Silver emphasised many times prior to the release of Reloaded that the 'two sequels' is just one big movie cut into two).. the first three quarters focuses about the storyline blah blah while the last quarter builds to the climax, which obviously HAS to be a huge action spectacle, in this case the Zion siege and the Superbrawl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)