The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
I hope you don't eat meat.
There's a biological imperative to eat meat, and to ensure survival of one's own species before and above any others.

charlesdinio said:
although it is better than being dead, a fetus doesn't have a memory. I dont remember well from when I was 4.. let alone in my mums stomach!
I see, I see. Don't you think this sets a dangerous precedent for amnesiacs and whatever? I mean, you're not a hypocrite are you!!??!?!?!?!

And yeah, if you do have sex you know theres like a 1% chance or something small of it happening, however why should an individual be burdened with a kid if they really didn't want it?
Yeah man. I mean, it's pretty obvious that this argument is worth shit but you can keep saying it because eventually it's gonna become fact! Jackass.

As if you wouldn't feel more sorry for the kid after being born, than after being aborted when it wont remember anything,
Whether or not I feel sorry for it is completely irrelevant. We, meaning society, are trying to come up with guidelines to become law. These guidelines must be solid and not open to interpretation, and most importantly based on actual fact rather than emotion.

and arguably isn't a human yet. All my sciencey mates rip into me for saying they arn't human yet, but cmon! its so not. (i have nothing scientific)
Arguably. Argue it then why don't you? That's what everyone else has sensibly been doing.

Iron said:
lol so a cow's life is just as invaluable as a humans'?
To a pro-abortionist, yes indeed. I'm a woman and nothing should come between me and my right to kill!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
lyounamu said:
What I am saying is that the chance of that purely based on probability is highly unlikely. The user of the contraceptive equipments is most likely to have misused it (or wrongly applied the use of it). If condom breaks, don't just use it, postpone your "fun time". If you are aware of the chance that the pill wouldn't work, go for both pills and condom or some other contraceptives. It's not like you can only use one at a time. There are always ways around it.
Lol, someone's a virgin. A condom doesn't "break", then you still keep using it, it breaks during the- ahem- act, and you realise when it's too late.

Of course if you know the pill may not work, you use backup contraception, that's common sense. But sometimes the pill fails anyway. It's rare, but it happens. I know people it has happenend to and it really, really sucks.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Whether or not I feel sorry for it is completely irrelevant. We, meaning society, are trying to come up with guidelines to become law. These guidelines must be solid and not open to interpretation, and most importantly based on actual fact rather than emotion.
Kwayera keeps bringing it up and you keep ignoring it, saying you're talking about more normal circumstances, but what about rape?

You keep saying regardless of the circumstances in which it was conceived, whether it was unwanted or not, the foetus has just as much right as the mother to life.

Going by this argument, why is a child conceived by rape also not afforded this right?

I don't want your shit about regular circumstances, because you just said "these guidelines must be solid and not open to interpretation."

If you agree with abortions in the case of rape, then most your arguments go out the window.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
cunt said:
Kwayera keeps bringing it up and you keep ignoring it, saying you're talking about more normal circumstances, but what about rape?
I keep ignoring it for the reason I've already stated you moron.

Going by this argument, why is a child conceived by rape also not afforded this right?
Because in this case the mother bears has no responsibility for keeping the baby alive. If she kills it I'd say it makes her a bad(ish) person and a killer but the levels of bad and whatnot come down accordingly, as does the responsibility. It's really not that hard to understand. At no point in time have I said, nor will I say that there's no evil to actively aborting a human life post-rape but the impact on the lives of both need to be evaluated accordingly.

then most your arguments go out the window.
Uh oh. She's onto me! HALP! :lol:

Suck my cock you morally vacuous cunt.

------

Time I start asking you people questions.

1. Why is the babies life not worth as much as the mothers convinience?
2. When does the abortion window stop? CONCRETE REASONS ONLY!
3. Do you ever judge anyone who has an abortion? Why/why not?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Time I start asking you people questions.

1. Why is the babies life not worth as much as the mothers convinience?
2. When does the abortion window stop? CONCRETE REASONS ONLY!
3. Do you ever judge anyone who has an abortion? Why/why not?
1. Because the foetus, I don't know, can't think?
2. For me, when there is measurable brain activity and a functioning nervous system, which I believe is somewhere in the vicinity of 24 weeks.
3. No. My mother had an abortion prior to having my sister and me, and I was almost aborted. I don't judge her.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I cannot possibly view unwanted pregnancies being the result of responsible sex (except the cases of rape and other crimes where the one aspect of party didn't wish to condone the pregnancy)
Virgin detected.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
Lol, someone's a virgin. A condom doesn't "break", then you still keep using it, it breaks during the- ahem- act, and you realise when it's too late.

Of course if you know the pill may not work, you use backup contraception, that's common sense. But sometimes the pill fails anyway. It's rare, but it happens. I know people it has happenend to and it really, really sucks.
I guess you are speaking out of experience then. But I don't reckon the condoms would just break. The chance of that is highly unlikely and even if that happened, I am 100% sure that it was due to the poor use of it. If the user was more careful and responsible, the condoms would not have ended up being broken. As I said earlier, there are always ways around it. If the user was passive about that, doesn't that mean the user was irresponsible?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Captain Hero said:
Virgin detected.
You are really busy abasing the status of others. Your effort to do so is truly in vain and that's a pretty damn pathetic life that you are leading. STFU and GTFO, troll.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lyounamu said:
I guess you are speaking out of experience then. But I don't reckon the condoms would just break. The chance of that is highly unlikely and even if that happened, I am 100% sure that it was due to the poor use of it. If the user was more careful and responsible, the condoms would not have ended up being broken. As I said earlier, there are always ways around it. If the user was passive about that, doesn't that mean the user was irresponsible?
No. The statistical chances of a condom breaking are pretty high, even with proper use, which is why I do not rely on them.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
kwayera said:
1. Because the foetus, I don't know, can't think?
What about retards?
WHAT ABOUT RETARDS!?!?!?

3. No. My mother had an abortion prior to having my sister and me, and I was almost aborted. I don't judge her.
Your mother sounds like a heinous individual.

Captain Hero said:
Virgin detected.
Pro-murder dude detected! :D

lyounamu said:
If the user was more careful and responsible, the condoms would not have ended up being broken./quote]

Latex isn't impervious to friction comrade. The manufacturing process can't make something that's guaranteed not to break. It just happens sometimes. This is well known.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
No. The statistical chances of a condom breaking are pretty high, even with proper use, which is why I do not rely on them.
Then may be they should search for the better alternative such as pill or other things.

Or can't they just buy condoms that would not easily break than others? I am pretty sure there will be some dodgy ones.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
AH GO DOWN TO DA ABORTION CLINIC AND HAVE DOCTOR SCRAPE THE BABIES OUT AH MAH LOINS!

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
AH GO DOWN TO DA ABORTION CLINIC AND HAVE DOCTOR SCRAPE THE BABIES OUT AH MAH LOINS!
Next time I see you at USYD you're getting a punch straight in the cock.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
What about retards?
WHAT ABOUT RETARDS!?!?!?
AFAIK, "retards" can still think and are still self-aware. Now, if you're asking me if it would have been kinder to abort individuals who are so profoundly "retarded" as to be essentially vegetative, then yes, I would say that.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lyounamu said:
Then may be they should search for the better alternative such as pill or other things.

Or can't they just buy condoms that would not easily break than others? I am pretty sure there will be some dodgy ones.
The common brands (Trojan, Ansell) etc all use the same materials, so no.

And not every one can take the pill (males included).

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Next time I see you at USYD you're getting a punch straight in the cock.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH COMRADE!

Kwayera said:
AFAIK, "retards" can still think and are still self-aware. Now, if you're asking me if it would have been kinder to abort individuals who are so profoundly "retarded" as to be essentially vegetative, then yes, I would say that.
But their thinking is limited, is it not? Indeed. The ability to think does not suddenly develop in a baby, does it? Indeed. So how much thinking is required before an abortion becomes unacceptable? How can we measure this accurately?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)