The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

latinorulz

HSC
wats it about?? I liked how Deathnote had 1 fantasy premise - killer notebook - but didn't kill the show by going further than that.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: The Anime Thread

latinorulz said:
I just finished watching the whole DEATHNOTE anime series.

If you want something that'll knock you on your ass, it's deathnote. That shit is fukn... CRAZY.

I've watched Naruto, pokemon, dragonball z, one piece (the gayest fukn anime known to man) and also digimon, yu-gi-oh, etc.

After Deathnote, all that shit seemed soo...childish.

Once you watch deathnote, you can't go back to normal anime. It's like... the most intellectually, psychologically stimulating piece of fukn anime EVARRRR.

Watch. Deathnote.

Although.. if you're a One-piece fan (or wateva dat GAY worthless mindless crap is called)... then Deathnote may be a bit too much for you. You're probably better off sticking to your one piece and teletubbies and playschool and wateva the hell else you're watching.
+1

What a m3n.
Such a fabulous taste in anime.
Narutard and its kin of childish anime appeal to the undeveloped minds of juveniles and even in rare cases result in their death.

Everett boy buried in sandbox dies | Top Stories | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington
Codey Porter - Encyclopedia Dramatica

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: The Anime Thread

Wikipedia said:
On August 10, 2010, a.t.b., the Holy Empire of Britannia overpowered Japanese forces and conquered the country with their new robotic weapons, the Knightmare Frames, in less than a month. In the aftermath of Britannia's invasion, Japan lost its freedom, its rights, and even its name, becoming Area 11 of the Britannian Empire. The Japanese people, renamed as "Elevens", are forced to survive in poor neighborhoods, while Britannians live in first-class settlements. Rebel elements persist, however, as pockets of Japanese organizations struggle against the Empire for the independence of Japan.

After his father, the Emperor of Britannia, failed to prevent the assassination of his mother, an attack which also left his sister blind and crippled, the young prince Lelouch vowed to destroy Britannia. Seven years later, he accidentally becomes mixed up with "terrorists" in Area 11 and encounters a mysterious girl named C.C., who gives him the power of Geass. With it, he finally has the power that he needs to defeat Britannia and fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister Nunnally can live happily.
Trust me. Watch it. T'is awesomness.
To sum it up in one phrase, it'd be "train wreck" =]

Oh, and watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Epic of the most epic anime =].
And Forbidden, yes, there is a dubbed version =p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: The Anime Thread

shinji said:
Trust me. Watch it. T'is awesomness.
To sum it up in one phrase, it'd be "train wreck" =]

Oh, and watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Epic of the most epic anime =].
And Forbidden, yes, there is a dubbed version =p
OH BOY OH BOY.
english dubbed.
im tired of the engrish they use in anime.

i kinda get tense even when they use the suffixes -chan, -san or -sama to indicate politeness in english dub. (like in lucky star)

and why does gundam 00 come with seasons?
i liked gundam seed & gsd and their linear 50 ep sequence

greekgun

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: The Anime Thread

Woah wat? where did u hear that FMA is coming back? if thats true thats awesome.
Death note is pretty good, once i started reading it i couldnt stop - one of my favs; but the manga is boring as hell 2 read.
And who the fuck watches one piece?

kloudsurfer

HSC

I watched the first episode of Code Geass, and it was ok, but it seemed pretty average. Maybe i have to watch more than one ep though lol.

I totally wanna see Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It sounds really awesome.

But i have crappy internet so cant download it. Hopefully when i move to live on campus next year ill get decent internet and can actually download stuff.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

kloudsurfer said:
I watched the first episode of Code Geass, and it was ok, but it seemed pretty average. Maybe i have to watch more than one ep though lol.

I totally wanna see Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It sounds really awesome.

But i have crappy internet so cant download it. Hopefully when i move to live on campus next year ill get decent internet and can actually download stuff.
You gotta watch more of Code geass to get into it. The stuff that Lelouch does are just totally awesome.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC

Watch code geass +1

Gurren Lagann is also worth watching

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
YEAH! I just confirmed that 2nd session of Fullmetal Alchemist is coming. Yes!
WAIT WHAT!? NO WAY

I'm so glad, the movie was such a sh*t finish to the series.. Jeez, there's not gonna be much alchemy if they're on the other side of the gate <.<
Oh well, that anime was one of my favourites

latinorulz said:
I actually used to watch fullmetal alchemist. Well... only a bit. Can't remember it much though.

Is it like naruto ish based around battles n stuff? or is it deeper, like deathnote?

as long as its not ONE PIECE, i'll watch it.
No it is not fucking naruto-ish. God damn, Naruto may have been good for the first few eps, now it's just ridiculous.
Oh wait, FMA the MANGA is naruto-ish (sorry to say <.<) but the anime is fucking great.

Oh yeah, Death Note's pretty good, I felt it start getting crap at around ep 20~ but then it picked right back up a few eps later :D
Still, it's not as deep as it seems. A guy wants to rid the world of bad people. Simply put, he's a vigilante. Not the first time that concept's been used. Although, most of the things in the anime are quite smart.

With regards to One Piece, I completely agree. It's.. stupid?

Neon Genesis IS the #1 anime of all time~

And there's Bleach, which is brilliant (besides the fillers). I love it :lol:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

shinji said:
You gotta watch more of Code geass to get into it. The stuff that Lelouch does are just totally awesome.

hasnt code geass had its finale after like 2 seasons?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC

youngminii said:
Neon Genesis IS the #1 anime of all time~
Instead of just throwing a generic statement around how 'bout you be on of the first people to tell me why?

The Kaiser

HSC
Fullmetal Alchemist is epic win.

Naruto is horrible past the Zabusa Arc. Really Overrated Generic Shonen Tripe

Never really liked Code Geass, it isn't a terrible anime but I guess I never really liked the storyline enough to watch the 2nd season.

For all you One Piece haters out there, stop watching the 4Kids dub, the original is actually good till the end of the Alabasta arc, after that then you know that the producers are milking it and it gets really stale.

Bleach is Overrated, but unlike Naruto, the non-filler episodes are quite decent. Same with Death Note, though I'd rather watch Hellsing instead.

Never got into Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Some of you guys really need to expand your horizon, try Ai Yori Aoshi, Haruhi, Hayate the Combat Butler, Tora Dora!, Cowboy Bebop, Lucky Star, FLCL etc rather than your generic everyday shonen anime.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
Fullmetal Alchemist is epic win.

Naruto is horrible past the Zabusa Arc. Really Overrated Generic Shonen Tripe

Never really liked Code Geass, it isn't a terrible anime but I guess I never really liked the storyline enough to watch the 2nd season.

For all you One Piece haters out there, stop watching the 4Kids dub, the original is actually good till the end of the Alabasta arc, after that then you know that the producers are milking it and it gets really stale.

Bleach is Overrated, but unlike Naruto, the non-filler episodes are quite decent. Same with Death Note, though I'd rather watch Hellsing instead.

Never got into Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Some of you guys really need to expand your horizon, try Ai Yori Aoshi, Haruhi, Hayate the Combat Butler, Tora Dora!, Cowboy Bebop, Lucky Star, FLCL etc rather than your generic everyday shonen anime.
Yeah, I guess I should. But if I have more time...that would certainly help. But I certainly finished some of stuff you got there such as Cowboy Bebop, Haruhi and etc.

The Kaiser

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, I guess I should. But if I have more time...that would certainly help. But I certainly finished some of stuff you got there such as Cowboy Bebop, Haruhi and etc.
I was only just listing a few examples, It's just sometimes I'm just tired of hearing that people (not necessarily from here) just keep talking about animes such as Naruto , Death Note and Bleach, just because they are the most popular.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The Kaiser said:
I was only just listing a few examples, It's just sometimes I'm just tired of hearing that people (not necessarily from here) just keep talking about animes such as Naruto , Death Note and Bleach, just because they are the most popular.
I watch the general popular anime series such as Bleach, FMA, Death Note, Naruto and Dragon Ball Z but i watch heaps of other ones too :D

Some of the ones i can remember are:
Soul Eater, Dgray Man, Darker than Black, Black Lagoon, Fate Stay Night, Ghost and Shell, Rurouni Kenshin, Blood+, Kiba, Fruits Basket, Initial D, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou, The Law of Ueki, Berserk, Ouran High School, Basilisk Persona: Trinity Soul

By the way, I like Code Geass more than Death Note, and i love Death Note :D

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
lol half the ones you mentioned afterwards are also uber popular.

but are great series nonetheless.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am surprised no one has ever mentioned hentai here - it's gotta be the most popular series out there with different stories and characters.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hagaren said:
lol half the ones you mentioned afterwards are also uber popular.

but are great series nonetheless.
AHA true, but not as popular as Naruto or Bleach. I love anime soo much, too bad i've had to cut down somewhat because of having to actually to do work this year :(

lyounamu said:
I am surprised no one has ever mentioned hentai here - it's gotta be the most popular series out there with different stories and characters.
I don't do hentai.... but some ecchi like Tenjou Tenge is fine by me ^^

That was a kick arse anime, i loved the fight scences :D

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: The Anime Thread

i just finished watching all 24 no-bullshit eps of full metal panic.
cant wait till i watch full metal panic fumoffu, its supposed to piss your pants laughing.

unlike the shitty dubs of one piece and naruto, and most of the european and russian characters had foreign accents and overall sounds over 9000 times better

lyounamu said:
the fan service in anime is enough.
dont wanna go that far.

:uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)