• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the best way to ask a girl out and not be awkward if you get rejected. (2 Viewers)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Plan this with a joking immature friend.

Go on face book ask the girl out.
If she says yes, then its good.

If she says no, make an excuse that your friend took the computer while your in the toilet and made the bullshit.

to classic?

comments?
Only ask her out on Facebook if you don't see her regularly.

Also, if you need some lame back-up plan to pwotect your pooor wittle feewings, you're obviously too immature to be interested girls. Man up and ask her out, if she's not keen then move on and you'll find another girl to obsess over.

I haven't read the rest of this thread; Shadowdude bashing is boring.

kooltrainer

HSC
depends what asking-her-out mean.. like its perfectly normal to ask her (over fb or msn) somethin like "hey we finish at 6 on wed, wana go kensington for dinner afterwards?" then from there, u can make it turn out like a date..
but if ur proposing and wana ask sumthing like "wana be my gf?" then best do it in person..

btw op, i tried that idea when i was in year 9.. it didnt turn out well coz everybody knew the truth.. lol

Last edited:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
it won't be awkward if you get rejected if you don't make it seem awkward. move on LIKE A MAN

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
depends what asking-her-out mean.. like its perfectly normal to ask her (over fb or msn) somethin like "hey we finish at 6 on wed, wana go kensington for dinner afterwards?" then from there, u can make it turn out like a date..
but if ur proposing and wana ask sumthing like "wana be my gf?" then best do it in person..

btw op, i tried that idea when i was in year 9.. it didnt turn out well coz everybody knew the truth.. lol
Dinner is lame in my opinion.

Like I said, if you see each other regularly it's lame to ask over Facebook. In my mind, an ideal circumstance would be if you two were having a conversation and having a good time where you don't want it to end. That's when you'd say something like "I have a lot of fun with you, let's hang out later and have coffee and maybe some cake if you're good" (girls love cake; seriously no girl will say no to cake)

I'm not perfect and what makes sense in my mind is likely to be different to real life. The important thing is to let things escalate organically: have fun and don't be awkward.

I'm a bit of a nerd and a social wierdo, and I find dinner to have too many protocols and silent nuances; on top of that she could just use you for free food if it's a REAL date. You're better off having a casual coffee, because the commitment is quick and there's plenty of interesting topic conversations around you (artwork, other customers, coffee experiences, a dog walking by, etc.) so there won't be any awkward quiet moments. If things go well, organise another date after that: Again, not dinner!

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
"Want to have a quickie in the stall over there?"

Bread_2_Toast

HSC
keep it simple, stupid
don't give her a chance to say no
make yourself irresistible (lol)

never do it on fb, it shows her that you don't have the balls to do it face to face

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I don't mind the idea of Facebook if that's the only lines of communication you have with that person. I mean, if you want to ask them out but won't run in to them (short of stalking), then there's nothing wrong with it.

Gigacube

HSC
Start a normal conversation in real life or hug her and then ask about going out. If you do it through the internet or your phone things might get a bit awkward in real life.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Start a normal conversation in real life or hug her and then ask about going out. If you do it through the internet or your phone things might get a bit awkward in real life.
I'll confirm or deny this statement soon enough :p

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Are you going to try it or something?
Boy: *on msn* I like this girl a lot, i'm going to ask her to my formal. I'm calling her right now.
Girl: Good for you! *phone rings*

Basically how it went down, phone AND internet :p
hehehe, I think that's the cutest <3

Gigacube

HSC
Boy: *on msn* I like this girl a lot, i'm going to ask her to my formal. I'm calling her right now.

Okay, there are some exceptions. ;)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC

As corny as that is, it put a little smile on my face.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Op, if she says no, just keep your chin up, smile, and walk off.

You'll never get anywhere if you don't try.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

/me facepalms

mcmc55555

HSC
I don't see anything wrong with asking a girl to meet up via Facebook, provided it's through message and you don't see her often. I think it works in your favour because the other person has time to think about it and respond on their own terms so they don't feel like they're being pressured into a rlship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)