The Bible (1 Viewer)

stephenchow

HSC
Here's a contradiction:

In Numbers (in Old Testament) 15: 32-35, God tells Moses to stone a man collecting wood during the Sabbath because you cant work during the Sabbath.

Yet, at the beginning of Matthew Chatper 3, Jesus heals a man during the Sabbath.

EDIT: I should also add that Jesus did not get stoned or God did not order for his death however the people around him were very angry with him.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
stephenchow said:
Here's a contradiction:

In Numbers (in Old Testament) 15: 32-35, God tells Moses to stone a man collecting wood during the Sabbath because you cant work during the Sabbath.

Yet, at the beginning of Matthew Chatper 3, Jesus heals a man during the Sabbath.

EDIT: I should also add that Jesus did not get stoned or God did not order for his death however the people around him were very angry with him.
The point of that was to show that the rules have changed. He healed a man during the sabbath to signify that God no longer wants people to follow him in the way that they used to. God wants them to follow in the way of Jesus Christ, and to do good to others and so on.

11:50....ahh i feel a bit tired, might stay on for a while, then go to bed. :)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So what are you saying? It's there for an interesting backstory?
Its an extension. Its like saying that because i'm doing 3-unit maths, i don't need 2-unit. No true. Its still neccesary in some aspects.

Yea but why? I can't see how one faith can be more true than the other when they all (to me) end up having to rely on the power of 'faith' or the mystery of 'god'... essentially.
Because one person believes in something, they other believes in something else. Each follower in a faith believes they're right, and the other one's wrong.

Its simple really. Thats the bare truth, there's no escaping that. But because my faith is rock solid, i'm able to say something like this.

stephenchow

HSC
S1M0 said:
The point of that was to show that the rules have changed. He healed a man during the sabbath to signify that God no longer wants people to follow him in the way that they used to.
And how did you come up with this idea?

EDIT: Also, you saying that just means God is just like us and that he makes mistakes like any human.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Its an extension. Its like saying that because i'm doing 3-unit maths, i don't need 2-unit. No true. Its still neccesary in some aspects.
Which aspects? What's the deciding mechanism?

Because one person believes in something, they other believes in something else. Each follower in a faith believes they're right, and the other one's wrong.
Yes but why do you believe that? What is your justification for imagining your religious text is more true than that of other religions? Can't you see this is likely due to your upbringing?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
stephenchow said:
EDIT: Also, you saying that just means God is just like us and that he makes mistakes like any human.
No, because God wanted the Jews, his chosen people, to act in a following manner in wait of the Messiah. Now He's come, and this way of living no longer applies. Why? Because the messiah's come.

And arguing is over for tonight. I'm too tired to think straight.

Good night buddy.

robbie1

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Can you show me the verses which you believe support the fact that this holy trinity exists?
Matthew 28:19: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Luke 1:35: "The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God."

1 John 5:7: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes but why do you believe that? What is your justification for imagining your religious text is more true than that of other religions? Can't you see this is likely due to your upbringing?
Haha, yes thats exactly right.

I DO know that my faith is due to my upbringing. But what, you expect me to suddenly become athiest at this realisation? My faith is rock solid, i know my parents upbringing brought me to Christianity. They brought me to God, after all.

My community.
My church.
My mass.
My faith.
The Bible and its teachings.

They all strengthen my faith.

robbie1

HSC
stephenchow said:
Here's a contradiction:

Read Matthew 12:1-8

BTW - no such event occurs in Matthew 3.

Last edited:

stephenchow

HSC
S1M0 said:
No, because God wanted the Jews, his chosen people, to act in a following manner in wait of the Messiah. Now He's come, and this way of living no longer applies. Why? Because the messiah's come.
And how does killings from God justify the anticipation of their Messiah when God gave the 10 commandments to Moses and in one of the commandments stating "Thou shall not kill?"

Like on one occasion (Genesis Chapter 38) tells the story of Onan who was to procreate with his dead brother's wife however he didnt and so was smited by God. How does this anticipate the coming of Jesus?

Have you considered how the God in the New Testament is a different God to the New?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
stephenchow said:
And how does killings from God justify the anticipation of their Messiah when God gave the 10 commandments to Moses and in one of the commandments stating "Thou shall not kill?"
Thou shalt not murder. Get it right.

And go ask a rabbi, i'm sure he'll explain it to you. I'm going to sleep. Good night.

Like on one occasion (Genesis Chapter 38) tells the story of Onan who was to procreate with his dead brother's wife however he didnt and so was smited by God. How does this anticipate the coming of Jesus?
Uh...the basic principle of Judaism is that one day the prophecy that a Messiah will come. The Messiah was Jesus Christ..

Why are you quoting some random story and suddenly demanding that there be some relation to the coming of Jesus Christ?

Whats your intention? To prove me wrong? To weaken my faith? Won't happen mate.

Have you considered how the God in the New Testament is a different God to the New?
God never talks directly to anyone in the New Testament, therefore God cannot be differ from testament-to-testament.

Good night.

lengy

HSC
If you can't be bothered going through the link with the quotes then why are you bothered answering questions here? It's like you're picking and choosing which questions you are able to bullshit cough answer and ignoring the rest citing them as stupid questions. If you are so cut about us questioning you why don't you question science? Or is it that science actually HAS some answers?

stephenchow

HSC
S1M0 said:
Thou shalt not murder. Get it right.

And go ask a rabbi, i'm sure he'll explain it to you. I'm going to sleep. Good night.
Heard of different versions of the Bible? And this is about Christianity, not Judaism.

S1M0 said:
Uh...the basic principle of Judaism is that one day the prophecy that a Messiah will come. The Messiah was Jesus Christ..
Their Messiah has not arrived yet.

S1M0 said:
Why are you quoting some random story and suddenly demanding that there be some relation to the coming of Jesus Christ?
Like you said, their way of living was for the coming of their Messiah. The story was about their way of living.

S1M0 said:
Whats your intention? To prove me wrong? To weaken my faith? Won't happen mate.
You consider yourself to know all about Christianity and the Bible which is evident when you tried to volunteer yourself in answering questions relating to the Bible when the OP is trying to do the same thing. And what I am doing? I'm asking questions.

S1M0 said:
God never talks directly to anyone in the New Testament, therefore God cannot be differ from testament-to-testament.
Dont you think this shows how different God is because he speaks directly to people in the Old, and in the New, it lacks his prescence instead he sends representatives?

HSC
lengy said:
If you can't be bothered going through the link with the quotes then why are you bothered answering questions here? It's like you're picking and choosing which questions you are able to bullshit cough answer and ignoring the rest citing them as stupid questions. If you are so cut about us questioning you why don't you question science? Or is it that science actually HAS some answers?
you are mistaken man. science is full of bullshit

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lengy said:
Or is it that science actually HAS some answers?
It does. What, you don't think that i dont realise that science has answers? Of course it does, the way our world works is thus shown through science.

I believe that science and God's work goes hand in hand. Fair enough.

And i was too tired when i answered those questions, but i felt i couldn't leave them out in the open.

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
stephenchow said:
Their Messiah has not arrived yet.
Well Christians believe that He has, hence the fundemental difference between Judiasm and Christianity.

robbie1

HSC
lengy said:
It took you 2 seconds to copy paste the link to the site, it would take me much, much longer to go through the thousands of quotes on that site and explain them all.

Why don't you pick the one that bothers you the most and start by asking about that one? I know why....you are afraid that when I (or S1MO) explain it to you it will actually make sense, and you will have to admit you were wrong.

I have answers, and if you haven't noticed I provided NTB with the quotes he was after, and getting no response from him I assume they were adequate in answering his question.

You on the other hand, ask questions about Eminem & 50 Cent, nothing to do with The Bible or Christianity, and then have a hissy fit about me not answering them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)