The Bible (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have answers, and if you haven't noticed I provided NTB with the quotes he was after, and getting no response from him I assume they were adequate in answering his question.
Not really I just didn't feel like getting into this debate but felt it would be a good segue to jews/muslims criticising you instead of just plain old atheists.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
robbie1 said:
It took you 2 seconds to copy paste the link to the site, it would take me much, much longer to go through the thousands of quotes on that site and explain them all.

Why don't you pick the one that bothers you the most and start by asking about that one? I know why....you are afraid that when I (or S1MO) explain it to you it will actually make sense, and you will have to admit you were wrong.

I have answers, and if you haven't noticed I provided NTB with the quotes he was after, and getting no response from him I assume they were adequate in answering his question.

You on the other hand, ask questions about Eminem & 50 Cent, nothing to do with The Bible or Christianity, and then have a hissy fit about me not answering them.
He has a point. Ask reasonable questions, and we'll do our best to answer.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I know why....you are afraid that when I (or S1MO) explain it to you it will actually make sense, and you will have to admit you were wrong.
Many people have been saying there are some problems with greek mythology -- bring me these problems and I will make sense of them for you.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Many people have been saying there are some problems with greek mythology -- bring me these problems and I will make sense of them for you.
No one follows greek mythology, no one believes in it. See if you can solve this one.

stephenchow

HSC
Why does Jesus curse the Fig tree in Matthew 21:18-19 when he came to the tree at the wrong time i.e. it didnt bear any figs at the time?

aussiechica7

HSC
i just want to clarify for argument's sake... this thread represents the views of a couple of Christians, not all of Christians. I for one, am happy to read their impressions, but I think we all need to understand not every single one of the 2 billion people who profess Jesus Christ as Saviour agree with every word on this forum (including the ones I may occassionally put up).

So please, go on, but I think there will be a lot of disagreement on particular beliefs. Lets just keep it respectful :)

robbie1

HSC
stephenchow said:
Why does Jesus curse the Fig tree in Matthew 21:18-19 when he came to the tree at the wrong time i.e. it didnt bear any figs at the time?
This is a bit of a copy/paste job.....its a very good explanation though.

This cursing of the barren fig-tree represents the state of hypocrites in general, and so teaches us that Christ looks for the power of religion in those who profess it, and the savour of it from those that have the show of it. His just expectations from flourishing professors are often disappointed; he comes to many, seeking fruit, and finds leaves only.

A false profession commonly withers in this world, and it is the effect of Christ's curse. The fig-tree that had no fruit, soon lost its leaves. This represents the state of the nation and people of the Jews in particular. Our Lord Jesus found among them nothing but leaves. And after they rejected Christ, blindness and hardness grew upon them, till they were undone, and their place and nation rooted up.

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
aussiechica7 said:
i just want to clarify for argument's sake... this thread represents the views of a couple of Christians, not all of Christians. I for one, am happy to read their impressions, but I think we all need to understand not every single one of the 2 billion people who profess Jesus Christ as Saviour agree with every word on this forum (including the ones I may occassionally put up).

So please, go on, but I think there will be a lot of disagreement on particular beliefs. Lets just keep it respectful :)
Exactly. :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No one follows greek mythology, no one believes in it. See if you can solve this one.
So? How does even qualify as a response SIMO? You believe greek mythology is probably absolutely ridiculous (as most modern people do), yet I could provide as good a defense of it as you can for your religion - WHY?

Last edited:

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
Dear Christian Boy
u haven't answered my FUCKING question :(
i m very very very upset and u won't b able to convert me to Christianity from
my agnostic beliefs...ever now ..
Fuck u and hope God will send u in a nice place called Devil Dancer Club .

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So? How does even qualify as a response SIMO? You believe greek mythology is probably absolutely ridiculous (as most modern people do), yet I could provide as good a defense of it as you can for your religion - WHY?
You tell me. :)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Because your defense amounts to nothing more than a wild confabulation which could be applied to any long-winded anicent parable.

EDIT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Not-That-Bright, didn't really bother to answer the questions right, don't know what i was on about here....

I'll get back to the questions once i'm in the position to answer them

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
lol go cry to God that the non-believers are picking on you. It's not like Atheists go out and preach Atheism to the extent that Theists do. You're just cut cause this is one of the few places your religions aren't getting through to people.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Thankyou for proving your real intentions.

You're just another athiest that wants to prove that Christianity's a load of bullshit.
What the hell? So are you going to actually respond to me or just have a cry that I'm pointing out blatently obvious flaws with what you guys are doing in this thread. I don't want to prove that Christianity's a load of bullshit at all, nor any religion for that matter - I hope you guys are right and there is a heaven because you know what? I've had people close to me die too and I'm not going to live forever.

My only intention is to try to discern truth as best I can given what I have.

You fail to acknowledge what i've said, and just post plain accusations out of nowhere.
Show me where I fail to acknowledge what you've said, you're just posting a 'plain accusation out of nowhere' by saying so and not bothering to provide any sort of quote or reference so I could know WTF you're on about.

his ain't the Does God Exist thread, go prove you're athiest ideals somewhere else.
No it's not, it's the "Hey guys the bible is perfectly logical - Watch me confabulate some text LAWL" thread, to which I've asked why this is so useful if I can do the exact same thing with greek myths. If this isn't relevant then what is?

I'm sorry that I haven't been sticking to your game and posting up contraversial bible verses for you to explain away at your hearts content... but I find it's often much more useful to attack the underlying premise. In this case, this seems to be an unspoken one that because a text can be made to form some sort of sense, that it is somehow credible - even though it is no less wrong than the other most sensational works of fiction that man's created.

Stop avoiding the issue and explain why anyone should care that you guys can make sense of bible verses when I could do the same with greek/roman/african mythologies.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
This thread is based on the assumption that the Bible is correct. Why not make a thread about The Lord Of The Rings and ask people to find contradictions or maybe the Harry Potter series. You feel it's alright to attack the Da Vinci Code's 'truth' yet you don't allow us to debate the factuality of your text.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lengy said:
lol go cry to God that the non-believers are picking on you. It's not like Atheists go out and preach Atheism to the extent that Theists do. You're just cut cause this is one of the few places your religions aren't getting through to people.
lol to be honest i don't really care...

I'm over answering questions, but i can't leave your questions alone. The end result are responses that aren't rock sold/wrong/aren't good.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lengy said:
. You feel it's alright to attack the Da Vinci Code's 'truth' yet you don't allow us to debate the factuality of your text.
Well, it conflicts with the base ideals of Christianity. Its really an expected reaction among Christians.

Oh, and ignore my 2 other posts, i'll get back to you and Not-That-Bright when i am in the postition to answer questions.

lengy

HSC
I don't see how offending die hard Harry Potter fans is any different from offending Christians about their Bible.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Stop avoiding the issue and explain why anyone should care that you guys can make sense of bible verses when I could do the same with greek/roman/african mythologies.
Okay, i'm back to answering the question.

The reason why you should care is the reason why you would care for any of the 3 great religions. We're a real presence in the world.

The Vatican is a real presence in the world. Christians are the most populous followers of a religion in the world. The reason why anyone should care is because with Greek Mythology, there is no following, you can make sense of it, but it doesn't matter.

Christianity on the other hand has believers, and will have believers for many generations to come. Making sense of the Bible is thus revelant because we have believers, Greek Mythology doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)