The choice (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea.. i think beasley was definately the best of the labor leaders and I think he would have been good for the country during this war on terrorism. I'll take a little comfort if the alp gets in that beasley is their defence minister.

Abbot is a tool, John Howards biggest mistake.

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
rorix and others need to get theit heads out of economics text books for a little while and think pragmatically and practically...i know people of the lower cohort are only numbers to you, but these people have families, children and loved ones...they often do not have the power to bargain adequtely with the employer...many dont want to simply because its too hard and they dont understand it...thats why they pay the union fees...thats why the destruction of the power of the union is wrong in the practical sense
Asqy, emotional arguments are basically bullshit. You can make an emotional argument for almost anything. I could make an emotional argument justifying Saddam.

Here, look, I'll rebut your emotional argument with another emotional argument:
I know these lower classes of society that can't afford to attent university to do your great politics degree, an eduction which is reflected in all your posts, but the people who are working 12 hours a day, driving that cab or pushing the buttons at the manufacturing factory, doing bluecollar work while you just sit down in front of your cozy computer and home, those poor men and women with families, with kids, with senior citizens to support, they're putting in 3-4 hours a day more work than the normal worker, but the union is demanding pay demands for everyone...its unfair for everyone to be enjoying the same benefits when these noble men and women are working 50% more than the rest of the workers....

Unfortunately, arguing emotionally is all you know. *shrug*

jameseginton

HSC
Asquithian said:
No i dont? when did i say that?

Boasting 'narr narr im right' isnt exactly a great quality...coongrats you like to gloat
I don't know what you say personally, i only know what most left wing supporters say. How do i know wether you said it or not, wether you protest or not? All i see is every protest and every point made by the labor party on Iraq they say we were sucking up to the Americans.

jameseginton

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea.. i think beasley was definately the best of the labor leaders and I think he would have been good for the country during this war on terrorism. I'll take a little comfort if the alp gets in that beasley is their defence minister.

Abbot is a tool, John Howards biggest mistake.
I totaly agree with you about Beazly. Beazley would have been the only decent labor leader for a while. However, if he had of got in, Crean probaly would have overthrown him.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Asqui unions aren't void of corruption...

What if a worker wants different paying conditions to another?

What if a worker doesn't want to join a union?

What about smaller groups, ie 'architects', what if architects feel they are getting ripped off, will their union have any power? no.

Unions are losing power world wide working conditions continue to go up, people are working longer hours but these days we HAVE to as to be competitive against other nations or all of the jobs will be lost.

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
and emotions are void? i felt i argued those points on morals and ethics...?

Oh, I argued my point on morals and ethics too.

Since we can argue both sides equally well using the same methods, something's obviously wrong with the methods, because we can't both be right.

walrusbear

HSC
jameseginton said:
What i've loved most about latham in this election and his supporters, is how they call Howard an arse licker. Excuse me who is sucking up to Bob Brown. His policy for forests was shit, and was only to buy preferences. He will see how bad it was when he loses two seats in Tassie, plus other logging area s like Eden-Monaro. What an idiot at least suck up to the right people. Bob Brown is a drop kick and has done little to help Mark Latham. I think its time to shut the gate, the horse has bolted, the coalition by 12 seats
when did latham call howard an arse licker in this election?
why is the greens policy for forests shit? and you accuse bob brown of buying votes through environmental issues?

but you're right, i think the coalition will win, sadly

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
bob brown gets votes by saying out of control stuff that some people wont like, but others will love, like one nation, like family first, like the cdp, etc etc...

I think latham is making enemies with some of his former friends, and friends with some of his former enemies, this has been a crazy election and i give full credit to latham for getting closer than beazley or crean ever did.

walrusbear

HSC
Rorix said:
Asqy, emotional arguments are basically bullshit. You can make an emotional argument for almost anything. I could make an emotional argument justifying Saddam.

Here, look, I'll rebut your emotional argument with another emotional argument:
I know these lower classes of society that can't afford to attent university to do your great politics degree, an eduction which is reflected in all your posts, but the people who are working 12 hours a day, driving that cab or pushing the buttons at the manufacturing factory, doing bluecollar work while you just sit down in front of your cozy computer and home, those poor men and women with families, with kids, with senior citizens to support, they're putting in 3-4 hours a day more work than the normal worker, but the union is demanding pay demands for everyone...its unfair for everyone to be enjoying the same benefits when these noble men and women are working 50% more than the rest of the workers....

Unfortunately, arguing emotionally is all you know. *shrug*
rorix, your arguments are well researched economic points that completely smooth other or poorly rationalise jarring social inconsistencies, injustice and ideological dangers.

Rorix

HSC
Would you like to actually say something, or are you cool with making blanket statements that actually mean nothing?

walrusbear

HSC
well i was just attacking your argument style because you attacked asqy
some of it may be emotional, but i think your political arguments are well researched and have precisely linked to statistics, but that you never question their real effect on the social aspects of australia.

does that mean nothing? too blanketted
i was attacking you because you're smug ;)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Labor's social, economic policies will lead australia down a road that no one wants.
It is obvious to me that no body agree'd with labors policies and that they are all evil and lies.

...hey we really do need rules for this forum lol

Rorix

HSC
walrusbear said:
well i was just attacking your argument style because you attacked asqy
some of it may be emotional, but i think your political arguments are well researched and have precisely linked to statistics, but that you never question their real effect on the social aspects of australia.

does that mean nothing? too blanketted
i was attacking you because you're smug ;)
Generally when pointing out flaws in arguments it's appropriate to cite evidence.

I'd attack your argument style except I don't even know who you are.

walrusbear

HSC
yeah i'm pretty insignificant
just keep it real rorix
you're a cool guy with some sway in these parts :cool:

anyways...
unions...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
damned election, on during Bathurst 1000, fuck em all :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not that Bright, you may find that Bob Brown actually believes in the Greens' policies, as do a number of other people eligible to vote (I do, too, by and large). It isn't just a scam to get the radical vote.

Walrusbear has a good point, Rorix. You and Asquithian both have valid arguments.

spell check

HSC
jameseginton said:
wether you said it or not, wether you protest or not?
did you mean "whether"?

congratulations, all your comments are now invalid

Rorix

HSC
Generator said:
Walrusbear has a good point, Rorix. You and Asquithian both have valid arguments.

Guys, you can't get OPPOSING conclusions from the same method if the method is valid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)