The choice (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
ohne said:
I'm a Liberal because I'm fundamentally optimistic about the world, about Australia, about the capacity of human beings to solve their problems.
I am also fundamentally optimistic about the capactiy of human beings to solve their problems, I believe that if we drive the low income earners to the wall by increasing the gap between rich and poor through giving tax cuts to all who earn above $52000 pa, the low income earners will somehow manage to solve their problems and become financially well off again.

While we're at it, I'm fundamentally optimistic about the world, that human beings will find manage to exist in peace and harmony without government intervention. I therefore propose that we abolish the police force, because I believe humans beings have the capacity to solve their problems by themselves :rolleyes:

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
my god you sound like a one sided liberal propaganda machine? Do you even see what you have become...at least i make arguments rather than reshouting party lines...

when did productivity improvments ever invovle paying workers more? Even i can acknowledge liberal party policy...you simply sprout all this like you are some kind of political expert like you are up for re-election

reality check

you are a yr 12 student...you have a hsc coming up...much of what you know about politics is dictated by your parents...what you choose to read...and the HSC syl...such one sided argument doesnt really help when people in this forum are trying to discuss it by looking at other peoples arguments and giving them time

you simply dismiss them and offer usually one line of explanation...i have more respect for a person like rorix who at least doesnt sprout one sided liberal advertising like a parrot...he at least argues his side...

you have Transcended any attempt at balance...you are a automaton and extremely bias...the fact you seem to think that EVERY part of labor policy is nuts only demonstrates your inability to be taken seriously...if only life was as simple as black and white...
I am a university student.

You still havn't explained to me why wage increases should not be linked to productivity gains to ensure REAL wages rises not causing inflation. You have also not been able to answer why real wage growth under Labor was only 2.5% of 13.5 years compared to close to 14% over 8 years of the coalition.

Labor's industrial relations policy is extremely dangerous and is an example of sacrificing workers for the sake of union cronyism. I am not going to stop attacking it because I believe passionately against it.

I do not see everything in black and white, there are some liberal policies I disagree with as there are some ALP policies I agree with. I do NOT agree with their industrial relations policy and that is really the only one I have been discussing.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
you there, with the post above this one
stop ripping off britain's propaganda.
the original (
) was much better.

meshy

rorix you're views on 'truth' are mind-blowing, just wait until you get to university and see how long they hold up.

not-so-bright seems to be the brightest of the liberal supporters here. Ohne and rorix, well, good for laughs at least, but I was genuinely surprised when ohne said he/she was at uni, because both ohne and rorix sound like they are typing with their year 12 Riley textbook at hand, effectively arguing from a social vacuum, ignoring application of policy to the Australian economy, and drawing bizarre examples (see below) to illustrate their points. Not to mention simply looking at ohne's insightful signature, after reading his/her opening "statements".

and ohne, seriously, "you have also not been able to answer why real wage growth under Labor was only 2.5% of 13.5 years compared to close to 14% over 8 years of the coalition" you can't figure it out? (i.e. you genuinely don't know? Or are just trying to scrape together a morsel for your pro-AWA case). I'm surprised you haven't yet towed the company line with the interest rates scare. Lucky Latham doesn't reverse it on Howard and put ads on about conscription, huh?

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So meshy, why do you think there has been a global trend towards the destruction of unions (without using the 'its big global corporations' line).

Im genuinely interested, because from what I've seen unions do indeed have their place however in the past they have gotten a little extreme (such as to the point of not accepting employee's that won't join the union).

I wonder if perhaps some kind of balance can be reached..?

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
ohne said:
lol good analogy :D
you realise i was having a go at you

the difference in economic ideology or whatever you want to call it between Liberal and Labor is so minimal there is no point bringing it up

if Labor were in government they would pretty much keep doing what the Liberals have been doing

what you do need to decide when you vote is whether or not you support a government that will send us to war based on lies and increase our status as a target for terrorists

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)