The choice (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Labor's social, economic policies will lead australia down a road that no one wants.
It is obvious to me that no body agree'd with labors policies and that they are all evil and lies.

...hey we really do need rules for this forum lol
yes we do, like no bitching at others in sigs.
no actually...a lot of people agree with labor's policies.

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
yes you can...its called 'interpretation' :rolleyes: not everthing is so rigid mr rorix
'interpretation' is not a valid method of arriving at truths

Rorix

HSC
:rolleyes:

if you're really think what you're presenting is just your interpretation, why do you bother posting then?

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
its a different interpretation to yours...deal with it..
Stop trying to make up an issue here. It's like if I responded "So what, I'm black? DEAL WITH IT".

if you think everything has one meaning and that there is always a 'RIGHT' and one and only interpretation they lucky you you may stay in the dark ages while others choose to advance
Well, there's fuzzy logic and so on, but that's not what you're getting at.

I'd like to see you prove to me that two conflicting truths can both be true.

Rorix

HSC
Asqy, has it occured to you that from your point of view, you're arguing with me about my interpretation?

Q.E.D.

regarding your example, you're just trying to muddy the waters (pardon the pun).

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
I invoke Godwin's Law.

You lose.

Rorix

HSC
(Since you don't seem to understand how you're being contradictory:

I'm saying there's only one true statement.
You're saying that it depends on your interpretation, more than one statement can be true.

You're trying to convince me that " it depends on your interpretation, more than one statement can be true" is the one true statement)

walrusbear

HSC
Rorix said:
Stop trying to make up an issue here. It's like if I responded "So what, I'm black? DEAL WITH IT".

Well, there's fuzzy logic and so on, but that's not what you're getting at.

I'd like to see you prove to me that two conflicting truths can both be true.
fuck you are a pile of windbag toss :p
the word truth is probably more complex than you think.
you're a smug prick and you take your opinions far too seriously.

there i've said it

walrusbear

HSC
Rorix said:
(Since you don't seem to understand how you're being contradictory:

I'm saying there's only one true statement.
You're saying that it depends on your interpretation, more than one statement can be true.

You're trying to convince me that " it depends on your interpretation, more than one statement can be true" is the one true statement)
wow
it's like those liberal humanist morons who reject postmodernism on complete semantics, missing the point completely. 'saying that there is no universality is a universal statement'. fuck off
cultural relativity man

btw i'm just fucking shitty because i had to sit on my arse this meeting for for fucking two hours!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
some interpretations are 'better' than others?
I think this is open to interpretation..

Anyway don't you guys watch the chaser... it kinda makes our whole discussions pointless with the whole 'this person votes' thing lol

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
what you think indiviual workers have the ability to influence a large group of employers :rolleyes: when the employers have a mindset that clashes with that of the worker?

In many situations...in REALITY...not in theory the worker has now powerto bargain

factory worker...v large employer

employer 'we are doing thisw and this'

employee 'oh ok i dont like this'

emplopyer 'suck shit'

employee 'what am i going to do...i dont know how and what to do...AS AN IDIVIDUAL I HAVE NO POWER AGAINST THE COLLECTIVE'
You are just like Mark Latham, seeing the world through a prism of disadvantage, discrimination and conflict rather than opportunity, excellence, ambition and aspiration.

What you fail to realise is that the workplace is not a battlefield. The interests of employees and employers are not the complete opposite. It is in both employers and employees interest to improve productivity and workers can gain higher wages by guaranteeing productivity improvements. This is near impossible under Labor's plan to help out union mates and is indeed why the workers of this country will say no to Mark Latham on October 9

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ohne said:
You are just like Mark Latham, seeing the world through a prism of disadvantage, discrimination and conflict rather than opportunity, excellence, ambition and aspiration.

What you fail to realise is that the workplace is not a battlefield. The interests of employees and employers are not the complete opposite. It is in both employers and employees interest to improve productivity and workers can gain higher wages by guaranteeing productivity improvements. This is near impossible under Labor's plan to help out union mates and is indeed why the workers of this country will say no to Mark Latham on October 9
This is where i disagree with you... although businesses and their workers have some common goals, some of the employee's goals are different. It is important for employee's to be able to have a chance to achieve these goals... however i think handouts, disadvantaging the more productive workers to try to help the less productive ones isn't the way to go about it...

spell check

HSC
ohne said:

yeah bloody Mark "Marx" Latham

Kaffa_777

ohne said:
When we choose a government we choose not just a suite of policies but also a frame of mind.

I'm a Liberal because I'm fundamentally optimistic about the world, about Australia, about the capacity of human beings to solve their problems.

When you choose a Liberal government you choose the language of opportunity, of excellence, of aspiration, of ambition.

By contrast, a Labor government is absorbed with the language of insecurity, injustice, discrimination and disadvantage.

As we reflect on which of two men should live in the Lodge and lead this nation, we're faced with one who sees the world through the lens of opportunity, one who is locked in the lens of disadvantage. I'm an optimist, where do you stand?
You are the MAN!!!! Go Liberal

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea, i see what you mean.. he did kinda make out although Lathams policies are evil and totally wrong. However several alp supporters have done that here before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)