The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
They shouldn't complain because if they dont like the price the should shut the fuck up and not buy it - not complain. Complaining about the price wont get u anywhere and aggravates other customers plus the staff.

bdude

HSC
what I meant that what used to be a 3kg box of powder is only 1.5kg, but is the same amount of powder because you now only have to use half.

greekgun

HSC
lol yeah i get it. But i can guarantee that the oldies, and other customers wont see it that way and we will have to explain in a fair few times to get the to shut up about how they have to pay so much for 1 thing.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I'm turning 19 (85% of full award) this year, but yet my pay is still at the 18 yo level of award wage (67.5% of full award). When do we start getting the new awards? On your birthday??

dvi00

HSC
I got a part time job at Coles and was required to do an online induction, which was basically reading some stuff and then testing your knowledge. All really basic things. Anyways i completed that and I'm wondering what i should do now? Wait for someone to call me? or should i go to the store and let them know my situation?

greekgun

HSC
I got a part time job at Coles and was required to do an online induction, which was basically reading some stuff and then testing your knowledge. All really basic things. Anyways i completed that and I'm wondering what i should do now? Wait for someone to call me? or should i go to the store and let them know my situation?
lol that whole online induction thing is useless - unless u actually have to work in dairy or bakery or any of the jobs which require alot of health and saftey - but if u work on stock or at the register just click through it all and enjoy ur 4 hrs (or 6 hrs i cant remember now) of pay u get for it.

dvi00

HSC
lol that whole online induction thing is useless - unless u actually have to work in dairy or bakery or any of the jobs which require alot of health and saftey - but if u work on stock or at the register just click through it all and enjoy ur 4 hrs (or 6 hrs i cant remember now) of pay u get for it.
Yeah it was pretty boring and useless :uhhuh:. So what do i do once i completed the induction? Coz it's been awhile since i did it. It was way back in late 08. i havent worked once yet.

greekgun

HSC
Yeah it was pretty boring and useless :uhhuh:. So what do i do once i completed the induction? Coz it's been awhile since i did it. It was way back in late 08. i havent worked once yet.
um after u and all the other people that have been asked to do the online thingo, u all get called in to watch a bunch of training videos, then u have to sign a bunch of papers (u should choose now whether to sign up for the union or not), get ur badge and buy a shirt. Then they give u like another 6 hrs to go through this register training where u read a whole bunch of bullshit standing up on a register. Then after this u start working. I guess thats pretty much it. Goodluck. Hopefully ur coles doesnt treat u like my coles treats me.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Is this just my store, or is this the new deal?
Had 9 hours this Sunday which is a first since I started (1.5years ago!), and they even gave me 9 hours on Saturday because someone was on leave. Then they called me up and said its been too quiet, so dont bother coming in....Was really looking forward to that $300~:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Fuck I hate coles!!, they cut us back, while those profits just keep'on risen!

I am also in the process of moving to Wooloworths!, so coles can die in hell now:hammer:

greekgun

HSC
this is crazy shit - coles is jerking me around like some fucking thing which gets jerked around. First i get no shifts for 3 weeks and then they phone up and give me like 20hrs for a week. Make ur freaking mind up and b consistent.

laniani

HSC
thanks!
I was a bit anxious, coz a friend told me that by saying i'm available all the time, they'd hire me.
But since applying, I've got a regular weds day and thurs night job. I'm happy to change the thurs night to a diff night of the week if I'm rostered on, but I really want to keep the weds arvo one.
So I thought that by saying I cant work weds arvos, and would prefer to not work thurs nights.....i'd be greatly limiting my chance of getting the job.
But then I realised the person who called up about the interview thought I was studying this year....which I'm not.....so hopefully it ends up okay?
I dont know...
A friend has been telling me to say I'm available basically all the time....but then to be honest at the same time, how does that work?
ah, frustrating...

greekgun

HSC
lol if ur a casual ur available time slot sheet u fill out means nuthing to them. Ussualy they ring up once a week and say "hey, i have ur shifts for next week...can u work wens from 10 - 1" then u say yes or no, and then they go on to the next shift to give u and so on.

But to say ur available all the time will increase the chances of u getting the job.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Do not say your are unavailable 1night or 2 nights...they hate this, they will look at other peoples apps,my manager told me this!. Just say you are available all week, every day, and when they call up to tellyouyour shifts,just say youcant do that particular one. Better this than no Coles.

Although, Personally I would rather No coles!!

laniani

HSC
i feel so bad doing that though!!!

But they thought I was a uni student- so that would've taken up heaps of hours each week. So if I only say the weds, thats only like 5 hours I'm not available...

But looks like I should just say completely available. lol...they must get a lot of people doing this and just being constantly saying later on 'nah, sorry, can't work that day'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)