The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
My Coles isn't like any of those described above. When we fill out/hand in our availabilities they actually read them/go off them. I've only been called in once on an unavailable day and that wasn't by my manager/main supervisors. In terms of rosters, we just look at the roster out the back, if we have a problem then we go and find the manager - none of this ringing us up with our roster stuff.

Many people in this thread say that Coles is crap to work with, but to be honest, I really have no complaints at all about my Coles. Only thing I'm annoyed with at the moment is the fact that I haven't been on an express register for over 3 weeks - I prefer express :(

greentsquare

HSC
Many people in this thread say that Coles is crap to work with, but to be honest, I really have no complaints at all about my Coles. Only thing I'm annoyed with at the moment is the fact that I haven't been on an express register for over 3 weeks - I prefer express :(
yeah.. i prefer the express lanes too - the shift is finish before you know it
in contrast to being on the regular ones, where time just seem to drag on and on

greekgun

HSC
Hey just curious, how do the supervisors do refunds at the customer service desk? do they go to like supervisor and then refund, and then scan the item??

bdude

HSC
Hey just curious, how do the supervisors do refunds at the customer service desk? do they go to like supervisor and then refund, and then scan the item??
I've never watched closely, but I think this is the computer side to it and then there's some auditing that needs to be done.

greekgun

HSC
I've never watched closely, but I think this is the computer side to it and then there's some auditing that needs to be done.
meh i was under the impressing that they just press a button under supervisor like refund or something, scan the item refunded of weigh the item refunded and then give the money back. Then i imagine the office people in the back, or at head office do all the necessary paper work or something like that.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
hey how much does and 18yo get paid

want my damn rise already

bdude

HSC
meh i was under the impressing that they just press a button under supervisor like refund or something, scan the item refunded of weigh the item refunded and then give the money back. Then i imagine the office people in the back, or at head office do all the necessary paper work or something like that.
Well, I think the "paperwork" is just making sure that all refund receipts are kept and checked against the Refund audit report

CieL

HSC
You press Supervisor -> Refund -> Scan/weigh item -> Select reason for refund -> Press Enter -> Press Cash/EFTPOS depending on how the customer paid for it in the first place.. then they get their money back.

A Merchandise Return receipt gets printed out. This is for the store to keep.
If a customer demands a copy then you can print out another copy with supervisor authorisation and write like COPY over the copy of the merch return receipt.. well, I don't know who write COPY but I do just in case they try to pull something dodgy.

greekgun

HSC
You press Supervisor -> Refund -> Scan/weigh item -> Select reason for refund -> Press Enter -> Press Cash/EFTPOS depending on how the customer paid for it in the first place.. then they get their money back.

A Merchandise Return receipt gets printed out. This is for the store to keep.
If a customer demands a copy then you can print out another copy with supervisor authorisation and write like COPY over the copy of the merch return receipt.. well, I don't know who write COPY but I do just in case they try to pull something dodgy.
ah k thx.

laniani

HSC
Had my interview today- they moved it from thurs to fri.
Went well I think, wasn't very interview-like. We just went through my resume and confirmed everything basically, then I was asked if I have any questions...and that was it.
Theres 19 people being interviewed, 10 get it
I find out on Monday :)

greekgun

HSC
i just realised im working at 8am tomorrow morning and i cant get to sleep
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK :burn:

Grissom

HSC
I stepped into one of those new revamped Woolworths today...man that place is superior to Coles in every aspect.

Hannahmay8

HSC
Hi,

i might be getting a job at coles in the deli counter (meat).
i live in adelaide and im 15.

do you know the pay hourly and is it worth it?

thanks

bdude

HSC
Someone else mentioned to me today (who actually works for Woolworths in another town but knows someone who works in that town's Coles) that we're getting new brown uniforms.

also, on friday night the bar that goes above the checkouts (you know, with the checkout numbers/lights etc) was painted from red to this browny colour.

laniani

HSC
got the job at coles- will be on registers :D yay.
Induction on friday.

The guy who interviewed me was telling me how some people say they're happy to work anywhere, just so they can get the job. So they get the job, put them in meat/ deli- then find out they're vegetarians.
lol..i found it amusing...

Kiim2507

HSC
^ lolol

yeah in my interview (for kfc) i was askied if i wanted to be on the registers or a cook. I said i didn't mind either but i really really didn't want to be a cook lol, i love serving.

gemmal

HSC
What's the policy when finishing a transaction, what do you say? I usually finish with, 'enjoy your day' or something along those lines, I try and make it personal and mix it up, customer to customer. The other day we were told we had to finish off with 'and thanks for shopping at Coles/ with us'. How gay, automated and corporate does that sound especially when you're on express and you hear the other operators on either side of you almost in the same second say, 'and thanks for shopping at Coles'. Stupid bitches!

greekgun

HSC
What's the policy when finishing a transaction, what do you say? I usually finish with, 'enjoy your day' or something along those lines, I try and make it personal and mix it up, customer to customer. The other day we were told we had to finish off with 'and thanks for shopping at Coles/ with us'. How gay, automated and corporate does that sound especially when you're on express and you hear the other operators on either side of you almost in the same second say, 'and thanks for shopping at Coles'. Stupid bitches!
meh i just say catcha later or have a good day. Say whatevers most comfortable. But i dont think their really is a policy on how to say goodbye to a customer...coles just advises to say goodbye and tell them "thanks for shopping at coles".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)