• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
You can try your local store. The Coles down the road from me is looking for staff at the moment.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I'm working in the Deli. Have our own manager in there and such though I haven't been told about payslips.
We were told we were getting paid for the in-store induction, and I've been told I have to do the online one once I get my employer number, which I haven't yet. I've been told it takes about 6 hours.

So should I have been paid for the Sunday and Tuesday, or would I get paid next Wednesday for the lot?

took me about two weeks after i started to get paid for the induction/other work i did, and this wasn't until after i got my # so my first pay cheque was ridiculous.

HSC
They tried to give me a small when i ussaly where a a L - XL
Told em i aint wearing shit unless they give me a bigger shirt. They they had this massive sook about me not being a team player. Stupid coles.

bdude

HSC
They tried to give me a small when i ussaly where a a L - XL
Told em i aint wearing shit unless they give me a bigger shirt. They they had this massive sook about me not being a team player. Stupid coles.
But they come in L/XL anyway

zobothebobo

HSC
what's the deal with the shirts? this is the first year i've worked for coles... do we have to wear them? i really don't want to, they look horrible.

jirwin

HSC
what's the deal with the shirts? this is the first year i've worked for coles... do we have to wear them? i really don't want to, they look horrible.
I like them :)

You don't have to wear them every shift - we only get 1 anyway.

Last year we were given hats too!

bdude

HSC
There are hats this year, but not equal number to the shirts so I guess fresh produce, deli and bakery get first picks.

I think our manager wants us to wear them every shift, I reckon I'll just put it on over my normal shirt so it doesn't get stinky (although with the number of hours I've been getting recently... but that's a different matter)

jirwin

HSC
There's no way I will be wearing mine every shift, I'm too lazy to wash it all the time. Also won't wear it over normal shirt - will get too hot.

How many hours are you getting?

I got 4hrs this week, not sure about next week. Although I still have HEAPS of TAFE work to do this year so I happy with those hours this week.

bdude

HSC
Well, before a few weeks ago I'd probably be getting about 12-13 hours/wk with one sunday shift and now they've hired some new people so I'm down to about 9-12

posimistic95

HSC
just a quick question. i currently work in the grocery dept. and getting 2 shifts a week (sat and sun). however, since im on hols now, i want to get more shifts. i also want to get transferred to the registers so that maybe i can get shifts during the week. how do i do this? do i just go ask my manager (store or dept?). and if i do get transferred, is working at the registers easy? coz working in the grocer dept is pretty easy lol
replies would be appreceiated!

proringz

HSC
just a quick question. i currently work in the grocery dept. and getting 2 shifts a week (sat and sun). however, since im on hols now, i want to get more shifts. i also want to get transferred to the registers so that maybe i can get shifts during the week. how do i do this? do i just go ask my manager (store or dept?). and if i do get transferred, is working at the registers easy? coz working in the grocer dept is pretty easy lol
replies would be appreceiated!
If I were you, I'd probably just ask the service manager for some shifts. I work in service, and it's easy once you get the hang of it but there might be a few times where you get stuck-just ask the supervisor/manager in that case. In our store, everyone gets trained in service so if it gets busy they can hop on, thought it was like this in every store.

jirwin

HSC
I got an M :( They had ran out of Smalls. Damn thing is too big as I suspected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)