The Coles Thread (2 Viewers)

laniani

HSC
okay....well how about if i stuck with the coles group.
eg. kmart/ target/ liquorland type thing....
am i allowed to work at coles + ______, while keeping my max shifts?

Trentyboi

HSC
okay....well how about if i stuck with the coles group.
eg. kmart/ target/ liquorland type thing....
am i allowed to work at coles + ______, while keeping my max shifts?
You can transfer between them at least. I did.

Trentyboi

HSC
but.....i cant work at both?
or no one knows whether I can work at both?
I don't know. When I transferred, they had problems processing it all. So to have you working at both might be more of a hassel than for what it's for worth (for them)

Trentyboi

HSC
Just another couple questions guys. Is it true that for every 2 self-servce registers there has to be 1 person at all times working? My store is going to get 8, so I'm thinking of applying for a position as a 'customer coach'. I guess self-serve person.

Also, can you get register shifts AND self-serve shifts? Because my store manager told me self-serve shifts are 4 hours long, and no longer. So if I get only like 1-2 of these shifts a week, I'm screwed!

Trentyboi

HSC
Is it true if you are a casual and go home sick before three hours of your shift you don't get paid? :(

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it true if you are a casual and go home sick before three hours of your shift you don't get paid? :(
yes, thats the whole point of being casual

edit: see post below, didnt read the question in full.

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
yes, thats the whole point of being casual
So if a casual works 1hr then goes home sick, they don't get paid for that hour? That's crap and certainly sounds wrong... I thought 3hr minimum just meant that's what they could roster you on. I assumed going home sick as a casual meant being paid for only what you worked, just not the whole shift.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ohhh, sorry, i didnt read the whole question. i thought he was asking about the rest of the shift. hmm, not sure on that one*shrug* never known it happen in woolworths. althought i'd suspect you only would get paid for the 1 hour, based on the fact that the wording is the minimum shift engagement should be 3 hours, e.g. you have to ROSTER for 3 hrs, not necescarily pay

bdude

HSC
The Coles agreement, clause 3.3 states:
Casual team members shall be engaged for a minimum period of 3 hours on each occasion required...:
My dictionary has as a definition of engaged "To require the use of". So, that means that Coles if they request you to work must request a minimum of 3 hours, but are under no obiligation to pay you three hours if you did not work for all of them.

MassacrePenguin

HSC
Re: coles group interview what to expect?

I recently went through a group interview for Coles.

We firstly just had to introduce ourselves, talk about ourselves for a while, then did group activities such as: Talking about a piece of food, like a marketing campaign in a way. Then we filled in another application and that was pretty much it.

Hope this settles nerves about upcoming Group Interviews. :)

TheStallion

HSC

Had stocktake tonight... epic failure, those hundreds of bloody cans of baked bens.

bdude

HSC

Had stocktake tonight... epic failure, those hundreds of bloody cans of baked bens.
Isn't that a bit late for stocktake? I'm sure our store's was back in July. They wanted me to come in 5-8 am and then go to school for a full day. I said No thanks

jirwin

HSC

I just did stocktake on Monday as well - at a different store though. My store did it like end of May/early June.

Tragesty

HSC
Funny story;

Two months ago Coles emailed me saying my application had progressed and they would contact me within a week regarding a casual job, and eventually I received an email telling me about the group interview.

I went to it, and eventually they emailed me saying I didn't get the job. I then applied for Woolworths Oakleigh (right opposite the Coles Oakleigh I was applying for, just a mention out of interest) and all went well, went to the group interview (Woolies Group Interview > Coles IMO) and got the job at Woolworths. Went to Induction, and have my first shift tomorrow.

Today I received an email from Coles that I was being considered for a casual position at their Oakleigh store - the same one I applied for two months back and didn't get the job. They said they'd contact me within a week in regards to progressing through their careers application etc.

Just found it funny as soon as I got a job at Woolies, Coles emails me saying I'm progressing for the same store they rejected me for two months back.

I'll probably still go to the group interview, who knows; maybe they will accept me this time and I'll have a choice; Woolies Oakleigh, or Coles Oakleigh xD

bdude

HSC
Does anybody know about the self-checkout rollout?

Tragesty

HSC
Quick question,

Do you guys know how much an under 16 casual would get payed p/h? Sister's boss said I could work at her Coles but currently about to start at Woolies and such, if the pay's similiar might consider...

Would appreciate it,

mikey

bdude

HSC
Do you guys know how much an under 16 casual would get payed p/h? Sister's boss said I could work at her Coles but currently about to start at Woolies and such, if the pay's similiar might consider...
$10.4863/hr mon-sat, $14.8751 sun, ~$20/hr public holidays.
Then $11.5361/hr mon-sat, $16.3428 sun when you turn 17

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)