The "critique my diet" thread (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I've been eating 6-10 whole eggs a day, every day, for about a year and a half now, I've been meaning to get my blood cholesterol tested, popular theories suggest I should be dead.

I only eat lean meat, milk and vegetables otherwise.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I thought you're only meant to eat 2 eggs in a day? :S
I average 12 a day and have had 18 a couple days in the past fortnight

getting a full checkup in the holidays and I bet I will be healthier than average

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
fat doesnt matter. sugar is the problem.
this man knows.

xtian, i can be very black and white when it comes to my diet, i can tell other people what to do (which i will do itt) and i apply it to myself but sometimes i don't because i'm retarded.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Breakfast - Can of tuna, 3 scrambled eggs, lettuce, cheese slice in either wholemeal bread or Turkish bread
OR Chicken slices from the deli department instead of the tuna with everything else being constant.

Snack: Peanuts / Some sort of fruit yogurt / milk or iced coffe (home made).

Lunch: Grilled chicken / Canned tuna / Salmon / Barramundi / Sometimes pasta with chicken mince & 2 eggs - whatevers available at home and how lazy I am, maybe stir fry it with some frozen veggies.. with either bread and/or rice.

Snack: usually a protein shake after a workout with frozen berries & oats (if I feel like it) and maybe a banana sometimes.

Dinner: Similar to lunch.

This is usually what I aim for, except uni days which are pretty messed up.

Oh and fitness goals etc - Gain a bit of muscle and then definition, become lean and see some sort of outline to my abs.

Doing weights and will start on cardio after exams. Also going to start doing 20ish min of yoga each day in the morning after exams too.

Last edited:

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
yeh boii yoga is so good, all you need to do is a sun salutation 2 times through (on each leg both times in one salutation) a hands to prayer-warrior2-star-warrior 3 and then a back bend and shoulder stand and bam 20 mintues and an awesome blood flow that'll get you super energised.

instead of 3 scrambled eggs, have 2 whole eggs. Eggs are an amazing source of everything, except vitamin c and ~something else~ which i forget. you could almost literally live off eggs.
snack 1: do you like natural yogurt? the best thing is natural yogurt with almonds or cut up a green apple into 8ths and dip it in natural yogurt. so good.

other than that, it's p good. regular meals, enough protein, got your fats and healthy carbs. need more vegetables, though.

what kind of cardio? cardio, except for HIIT is pretty pointless, tbh.

http://www.gkfitness.com.au/?page_id=16 here is an article gene wrote on his business website, have a read. probably nothing new, but w/e

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
my mum is 54 and runs on the treadmill for 50 minutes each day to "burn fat". Should i tell her to pick up HIIT?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
funny thing is she used to swim. Loved it actually. Swam for like the past 12 years (forced me to swim in the same period of time) and only took up running recently.. after complaining about constant runny noses and all sorts of things that eventuated

i am aware that running on the treadmill may do some damage

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
funny thing is she used to swim. Loved it actually. Swam for like the past 12 years (forced me to swim in the same period of time) and only took up running recently.. after complaining about constant runny noses and all sorts of things that eventuated

i am aware that running on the treadmill may do some damage
yeah do what effy said. swimming still has a similar catabolic effect to running but it will be less shit on her joints and it uses more muscle.
how far away from sand do you live? running on the sand barefoot (HIIT style) is a lot better and helps develop the arches of your feet

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh boii yoga is so good, all you need to do is a sun salutation 2 times through (on each leg both times in one salutation) a hands to prayer-warrior2-star-warrior 3 and then a back bend and shoulder stand and bam 20 mintues and an awesome blood flow that'll get you super energised.

instead of 3 scrambled eggs, have 2 whole eggs. Eggs are an amazing source of everything, except vitamin c and ~something else~ which i forget. you could almost literally live off eggs.
snack 1: do you like natural yogurt? the best thing is natural yogurt with almonds or cut up a green apple into 8ths and dip it in natural yogurt. so good.

other than that, it's p good. regular meals, enough protein, got your fats and healthy carbs. need more vegetables, though.

what kind of cardio? cardio, except for HIIT is pretty pointless, tbh.

http://www.gkfitness.com.au/?page_id=16 here is an article gene wrote on his business website, have a read. probably nothing new, but w/e
Well the 3 scrambled eggs are 3 whole eggs just cooked like scrambled eggs instead of an omelette. Why cut it down to 2?

Natural yogurt is alright, but I don't like apples that much, and don't think I'll last more than a 2 days on it.

Aware of the veggies bit, will try and add more :p

Cardio the 20 min HIIT with the 3 min jog and 30sec sprint?

--

The yoga gonna do a bit of research on and see what to do after exams, will keep your advice in mind for it, thanks !

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
lol i read it as 3 egg whites what even

yeah i usually do 2 mintues really really slow (on x-trainer - better for knees and works upper body more) then 30 seconds sprint because 2:30 a total cycle works well for 10 and 20 minute time intervals.

just go to a body balance class at the gym.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ahh yeah, makes sense, prolli start with a lower time and work up each week or something.

And my gym is my garage lol, will have to make my own class up.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
eat chocolate all day, it has dairy to make you nice and strong and sugar to give you energy and I hear it stops cancer.

Also, sticks of butter. Chocolate has butter in it so it must be good for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)