The Dark Knight (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Personally, I'd find the change in the film's dimensions distracting ...

michael1990

HSC
lyounamu said:
Damn, I envy you. Are you watching on IMAX? Would it be more worth it?
Don't watch it on the IMAX mate.
Its not good, i thought it would be good. I went and bought tickets for Harry Potter and i found it was terrible.

I would suggest you go to a Greater Union and watch it in the GMAX threatre.
GMAX is a 25metre screen with seats varying from 400+ seats. Awesome sound and seating. But best to book over the internet.
www.greaterunion.com.au

(A little bit of suggestive selling for my own threatre lol)

dumarab

HSC
is ti going to be realsed on 3D???

i've never seen a good 3D movie in my life.

michael1990

HSC
dumarab said:
is ti going to be realsed on 3D???

i've never seen a good 3D movie in my life.
Depends what you mean by good 3D.
Like some family movies were really good in 3D.
The inventor dude. That was good.

It won't be realised in 3D, as far as i know.
But they realise parts of the movie in 3D. Just the same as Harry Potter (No.5) but its terrible so don't pay the extra and go and see it.

spiny norman

HSC
So I've seen this.

I was quite impressed with Batman Begins when it came out, but never to the same extent as so many other people seemed to be. It seemed too compromising in its attempts to be a more realist kind of superhero movie.

This one, however, is far better. It's much more similar, cinematically, to Heat and films of its ilk (as critics have been saying) to Batman Begins. There were some incredibly tense scenes, beautiful shots and interesting themes.

If I were to criticise any one aspect of it, I'd say that (despite running 2 1/2 hours, though the time flies) it feels like there's just too much in there, where the aforementioned themes don't seem to get the amount of time devoted to them as perhaps they warrant. Also, in the film's crowdedness, it seemed to me that it's the title character who loses out in getting strong character development. The film seems as much about Joker and Harvey Dent, if not moreso, than it is about Batman.

I think people will love it, though a few people might be taken aback by just how dark it is. There was a few mutterings of indignation at the screening I was at at one rather unexpected scene (I'll try not to spoil there).

I said to a friend a couple of weeks back that, given how everyone's talking it up, I'd probably be happiest if it were just utter shit, just for the reactions of all those people claiming Heath Ledger's definitely getting an Oscar (which'd be a surprise, given it's a comic book movie and all). I don't know if I would have really enjoyed it more, but I find it hard to imagine that to be so.

michael1990

HSC
I could of seen it last night at work :(
But it was on at 12 and i couldn't get home :(

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
michael1990 said:
I could of seen it last night at work :(
But it was on at 12 and i couldn't get home :(
dude you should've slept overnite @ work

michael1990

HSC
Captin gay said:
dude you should've slept overnite @ work
LOL

I have my GoldClass tickets for Friday :D

Should be awesome.

I was talking to some people who went and they said it was fantastic!

karoooh

HSC
Watching the last session tomorrow night. CAN'T WAIT. :D Would've watched a morning session, because people are at work and it wouldn't be packed, but most of my friends are those people, so :(.

SiN3m

HSC
OMG awsome! I loved this movie! definately didn't disappoint. It was pretty long but I'm glad it was coz it would have taken so much out ofit had it been shorter.

The ending was, it's kinda open ended so they COULD have another one, but even if they don't at least it wasn't a typical superhero ending...

Was SUPOSED to watch the first session but it was sold out... drove me crazy:hammer:

SiN3m

HSC
karoooh said:
Watching the last session tomorrow night. CAN'T WAIT. :D Would've watched a morning session, because people are at work and it wouldn't be packed, but most of my friends are those people, so :(.
Where i was at, the tickets for the morning session were sold out like 45minz before the session started so regardless of peopl working, it was packed...

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
Where i was at, the tickets for the morning session were sold out like 45minz before the session started so regardless of peopl working, it was packed...
Where you go?

dumarab

HSC
I just came back form the dark night

it was the best movie in the world

karoooh

HSC
SiN3m said:
OMG awsome! I loved this movie! definately didn't disappoint. It was pretty long but I'm glad it was coz it would have taken so much out ofit had it been shorter.

Must watch a second time! Best remake of the Batman series EVER.

bawd

HSC
SiN3m said:

The ending was, it's kinda open ended so they COULD have another one, but even if they don't at least it wasn't a typical superhero ending...

Was SUPOSED to watch the first session but it was sold out... drove me crazy:hammer:
With all the hype the media has been giving the film, everyone wants to watch it. (And I think Ledger's death, and the Dark Knight being his last movie has some role to play) The first screening of the Dark Knight was mentioned on the news for God's sake. Nevertheless, I'm going to go watch it once it gets less popular. I want three seats all to myself. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)