The Dark Knight (1 Viewer)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Okay, so it isn't out for another year.

But a few cool things have been appearing lately that I think some might be interested in.

If you go to www.thedarkknight.com and click on the logo you'll be taken to a campaign poster featuring Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent (aka Two Face). At www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com there used to be the same picture with scrawls on it which disappeared to give a picture of the Joker, where each email entered revealed another pixel. This is the picture. Now the site says "Page Not Found", but if you highlight it it gets a bit creepy. There are a few letters that don't fit, and they spell out "See you in December".

Also, there have been some cards appearing around the place, like this. Finally, a couple of other pictures have been released. They've been using an Imax camera for a few scenes (like the introduction of the Joker), and it looks damn good. I think this'll be the first one I book tickets for Imax to see. Pictures and story are here. Hopefully more stuff will keep popping up as we go.

lengy

HSC
Can't wait for The Dark Knight. Loved Batman Begins and hope it's as good or better. The powerfully performances, the quotes that went straight to my heart and spoke to me, it was beautiful.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Can't wait for The Dark Knight. Loved Batman Begins and hope it's as good or better. The powerfully performances, the quotes that went straight to my heart and spoke to me, it was beautiful.
Yep, Begins was an awesome movie. I've seen it five or six times, I reckon. I'm hoping that TDK manages to raise the bar even further, which would make me a very happy guy.

The Prestige satisfied me as an in between movie, having the same director and two of the same actors, and it was great. It didn't let me down at all, and was actually better than I'd hoped (not an easy thing). So here's hoping The Dark Knight manages it as well.

lengy

HSC
I found everything but the ending enjoyable for The Prestige. It was predictable and anti-climatic.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
I found everything but the ending enjoyable for The Prestige. It was predictable and anti-climatic.
I suppose it was a bit, but the way it was done more than made up for it for me.

SiN3m

HSC
I love batman

I'm looking very forward to Dark Night coz i think Batman Begins was done really well. I have the dvd and have seen too many times :D

I think the makeup on Joker looks great only i hope Heath Ledger can play the part.

LatK7

HSC
SiN3m said:
I love batman

I'm looking very forward to Dark Night coz i think Batman Begins was done really well. I have the dvd and have seen too many times :D

I think the makeup on Joker looks great only i hope Heath Ledger can play the part.
Well from what the trailer shows...i think he can.

SiN3m

HSC
LatK7 said:
Well from what the trailer shows...i think he can.
i haven't seen the new trailers for Dark Knight so i don't really know...they don't show much of him in the trailers at the movies...

michael1990

HSC
I can't wait. I'm buying my tickets probably tonight.

OOO!

I love Batman Begins.

Now its time to make history with Dark Knight.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Well, we're a week away, and I've found a major spoiler image: Two-Face, in all his painfu glory:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3046/lfe5d756bbb5cf91091ec08sp3.jpg

Certainly looks a hell of a lot better that Tommy Lee Jones' layer of Day-Glo purple paint.
And judging by the trailer, Two-Face's origins have changed slightly for the film. Rather than having acid thrown in his face, Dent's lying in a pool of liquid which seems to be gasoline (in one trailer, the Joker says "I'm a simple kind of guy. I like dynamite. And gunpowder. And ... gasoline!"; as he says "gasoline", it shows Dent lying in the aforementioned puddle), so it seems he's literally getting it burnt off.
And if you haven't seen them already, twelve clips have been released. But be careful; some of them might have innocuous-sounding names - like #5, May I Suggest a Travel Agent? - but they're spoilerific.

SiN3m

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Well, we're a week away, and I've found a major spoiler image: Two-Face, in all his painfu glory:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3046/lfe5d756bbb5cf91091ec08sp3.jpg

Certainly looks a hell of a lot better that Tommy Lee Jones' layer of Day-Glo purple paint.
And judging by the trailer, Two-Face's origins have changed slightly for the film. Rather than having acid thrown in his face, Dent's lying in a pool of liquid which seems to be gasoline (in one trailer, the Joker says "I'm a simple kind of guy. I like dynamite. And gunpowder. And ... gasoline!"; as he says "gasoline", it shows Dent lying in the aforementioned puddle), so it seems he's literally getting it burnt off.
And if you haven't seen them already, twelve clips have been released. But be careful; some of them might have innocuous-sounding names - like #5, May I Suggest a Travel Agent? - but they're spoilerific.
Yeah that looks so awsome! Wednesday woot woot!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Wll, that's odd considering they pretty much destroyed the character by removing his two schticks: firstly, the coin. Two-Face always decides the fate of his villains with a coin toss, and whatever the outcome, that's what he sticks to. In Batman Forever he was known to keep flipping a coin until he got the outcome he wanted.
That's because fate plays a big part in his character. Judging by the shorts of The Dark Knight, I'm suspecting that he picks fate as his modus operandi because of how he comes about. I'm willing to bet that the Joker scars him with fire and burns down the building Dent is in at the time. Lying in the pool of gasoline, Dent somehow survives, but someone close to him dies even though they're nowhere near the fire. Unable to explain why he survived and the other died, Dent picks up fate to decide his victims' outcomes.
Secondly, Two-Face's killings aren't random. He's a vigilante, kind of an incarnation of what Batman would be if Bruce Wayne killed instead of simply detaining the criminals he takes on (Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins being the obvious exception); a big part of The Dark Knight is said to be the citizens of Gotham rebelling because Batman dosen't kill the Joker straight away, and the Joker is trying to push Batman into killing him because then he'll have broken Batman and made him no better than the Joker himself or Harvey Dent. Anyway, the point is that in Batman Forever, Two-Face simply kills people. But if you read The Long Halloween - one of the three major source texts (the others being The Killing Joke and, to a lesser extent, Hush) for this film - every murder of in the story happens for a reason. And while it's never established as to who the Holiday Killer is, a major theory is that it's Two-Face (largely because this is his origin story) and that he kills his victims because of their connection to the trial where he is disfigured.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
lol ain't touching no spoilers. Hell - even if a crystal clear version went around on the net, I wouldn't touch it. Why ruin it for yourself?

Anyways. I'm watching The Dark Knight this coming Monday, 14th of July. Won advance tickets for free on the first day I joined MySpace (lol which I decided to do only a few days ago). So yeah.. I'm counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds until the 5:30pm showing time. GARHHHHH!!! :D:D:D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
live.fast said:
lol ain't touching no spoilers. Hell - even if a crystal clear version went around on the net, I wouldn't touch it. Why ruin it for yourself?

Anyways. I'm watching The Dark Knight this coming Monday, 14th of July. Won advance tickets for free on the first day I joined MySpace (lol which I decided to do only a few days ago). So yeah.. I'm counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds until the 5:30pm showing time. GARHHHHH!!! :D:D:D
Damn, I envy you. Are you watching on IMAX? Would it be more worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)