The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Its been a pretty big weekend of news ... we still have our GP until 2015, although at a 5pm start time (pain in the ass if you want to leave Melbourne Sunday night) ... and Donington is to replace Silverstone in 2010 ... and our favourite track designer, Tilke, has already visited Donington to see how much damage he can do.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
Donington is to replace Silverstone in 2010 ...
Don't forget that Silverstone is up for a massive re-vamp sometime later this year. This could just be a ruse by Mr. E to get Damon Hill and the British Racing Drivers' Club to pull their fingers out and start doing something.

Muz4PM

HSC

Hey guys, looking at the qualifying results, they look like a bit of a surprise, so watch qualifying if you are able/want.

@F2001- How did you do in that English paper? :D

Muz4PM

HSC

What a great result for Mark Webber, to qualify second is a really great achievement. However, one wonders how much fuel he has on board. Also, I am a little skeptical on how the Red Bull will shape up against the chasing Ferrari, McLaren and BMW, but hopefully he can place on the podium.

The grid looks like

1. Kovalainen (McLaren)
2. Webber (Red Bull)
3. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
4. Hamilton (McLaren)
5. Heidfeld (BMW)
6. Alonso (Renault)
7. Piquet (Renault)
8. Vettel (Toro Rosso)
9. Massa (Ferrari)
10. Kubica (BMW)
11. Coulthard (Red Bull)
12. Glock (Toyota)
13. Bourdais (Toro Rosso)
14. Trulli (Toyota)
15. Nakajima (Williams)
16. Barrichello (Honda)
17. Button (Honda)
18. Rosberg (Williams)
19. Sutil (Force India)
20. Fisichella (Force India)

Good to see Kovalainen put his potential to work, out qualifying Lewis on his home track. Now lets just hope he doesn't have a mishap like what has happened in previous races. Webber and Kovalainen are two of the most unlucky drivers on the grid, what are the odds they tangle on the first corner?
The Ferraris did look a little slow in qualifying, and given this is a Kimi track, I thought he would have qualified on the front row. However, I am sure he can comeback. Massa was slow, only qualifying in P9, probably due to the crash he had, he was being a little cautious.

The BMW of Heidfeld actually made it to fifth, which I am more than happy about, hopefully he has turned a corner and can get the best out of his 1.08. Kubica didn't set a time, some technical troubles, so a podium for him looks like a bit of a task this Grand Prix. Alonso and Piquet did well, and I think Piquet looks safe for a seat at Renault next season. I am sure the recent great form of Sebastian Vettel would see him move next season to either Piquet's Renault seat or Coulthard's Red Bull seat. Toro Rosso look like they have done something right, with Vettel now qualifying in the top half of the field and Bourdais not down in the 16-20 bracket.

Finally, Rosberg, anyone who saw qualifying would notice the effort he put into keeping his Williams on the track. He is better than P 18, but one wonders, what the heck has happened to Williams?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

How come there wasn't much talk of moving F1 to the Gold Coast, when they were unsure if it would stay at Melbourne?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
How come there wasn't much talk of moving F1 to the Gold Coast, when they were unsure if it would stay at Melbourne?
The Gold Coast is simply too narrow to host a Grand Prix. It's said that Monaco has two overtaking opportunities: the first corner and just after the tunnel, and most of the time they require a mistake on the other driver's part to make a successful pass. But if the F1 circus hit Surfers' Paradise, it would be worse. Open-wheel racing outgrew the circuit a decade ago; Christian Fittipaldi proved as much with his massive shunt at the first corner. The track is too narrow, loaded with chicanes and is simply dangerous.

It could also be a case of the Queensland government not wanting any part with the race, or no organisers willing to step forward. F1's better off at Albert Park, anyway.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Wonder how all the Hamilton haters feel about that eh? Commentary wasn't at all focused on his dominance, maybe because it would have been boring. Iuno. Good on Lewis though, the haters will be hating. :D

Poor Webber :(

I love Rubens Barichello, he seems like such a friendly guy on the podium and whatever.

Muz4PM

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Wonder how all the Hamilton haters feel about that eh? Commentary wasn't at all focused on his dominance, maybe because it would have been boring. Iuno. Good on Lewis though, the haters will be hating. :D

Poor Webber :(

I love Rubens Barichello, he seems like such a friendly guy on the podium and whatever.
If anyone wonders why Lewis has detractors, they just had to listen to James Allen commentates, did anyone else think he blew a load when Lewis crossed the line?

I must admit however, it was a great race for Lewis, he showed a great amount of skill and composure to get his car over the line. Same goes I think for Nick Heidfeld, who I think drove another consistant race, and hopefully. for us BMW fans, he has found how to get the best out of his car. I am happy to see Barrichello on the podium, he wass unlucky not to get second considering the pit crew problem. On the top three, I had to agree with Brundle that Lewis and or Heidfeld should have put extreme wets on in the final pit stop, it would have been less riskier than the inters and even if it was drying up, the track would have still been wet enough for them to end the race at a good speed.

Other news, Mark Webber, unlucky, again. Kimi should be fuming at the Ferrari team, as Alonso should be fuming at the Renault team. I have no idea why after the first pitstop they left the old intermediates on, especially if they forcast more rain. That basically made it a one horse race from then on. Kimi did alright though to snag fourth, but one feels that he could have been on top of the podium.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

And that is preciously why Massa should never have been given a Ferrari drive ... dead last ... LOL.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I did laugh a bit when I saw him spin out for the fifth time. :rofl:

F2001

HSC

Muz4PM said:
Hey guys, looking at the qualifying results, they look like a bit of a surprise, so watch qualifying if you are able/want.

@F2001- How did you do in that English paper? :D

not bad, it was my weakest subject but study all night till 5, watch the race till 7, sleep till 8, be at school at 9 (with lots of drugs to keep me up of course) wasn't bad hehe.

Great race, the right decision made it cruise-worthy.

It was interesting because every driver just about has massive knowledge of Silverstone in any conditions and to see them take different lines to eachother was interesting.

It was funny seeing Kova overtake Alonso, it was like they switched racing line for a lap lol.

Kimi's fastest lap of the race over .5 ahead, and the car/driver had better longelivity than other front runners (2-3laps~), just a massive mistake and downhill with spins from there.

Commentary again was fucking stupid by Allen. He said Barichello "won in similar conditions, I remember in 2003 with brilliant overtaking" You don't remember anything dickhead, that race was nice and shiny clear blue sky, and yes it was great!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

F2001 said:
Commentary again was fucking stupid by Allen. He said Barichello "won in similar conditions, I remember in 2003 with brilliant overtaking" You don't remember anything dickhead, that race was nice and shiny clear blue sky, and yes it was great!
Nah ... James was absolutely brilliant ... especially when he sad Barrichello was some 30 seconds a lap faster than Hamilton! :D

Doh James ... have you heard of an outlap?

F2001

HSC

haha thats true, at that moment since the rain was heavier I thought at first Lewis spun :D.

Cape said:
Nah ... James was absolutely brilliant ... especially when he sad Barrichello was some 30 seconds a lap faster than Hamilton! :D

Doh James ... have you heard of an outlap?
Im so happy I never got to see Lewis cross the line as that wouldve spoilt a great race.

el gwapo

HSC

When Kimi has a bad luck, it's not just in small doses, but it's in truckloads. Looks like it's carried over from his Mclaren days when I kept on ruing about it and now when I'm secretly cheering for it. It really is bad luck when one says that Massa is more consistent than him.

Muz4PM

HSC

I don't think the Ferraris look overly great last night, Kimi only looked quick in the last fifteen laps or so. I think McLaren are slightly ahead of them at the moment.

I think Hamilton drove well. I have no idea what the team was thinking when they didn't pit him a second time, he had so much to lose with little to gain. Heidfeld and Piquet stayed out mainly because they were on a hiding to nothing, but Hamilton had so much to lose. It was funny to listen to the bloke on the radio apologise for the mistake.

Piquet will be relieved with the podium, the pressure was on him this race. With a clever stratergy, and a bit of luck with the safety car, he scored Renault's first podium of the season. Meanwhile, Alonso is probably yelling at someone somewhere, probably Vettel after last night. It was great to watch that scrap, along with Trulli et al.

Meanwhile, Sebastian Vettel is Red Bull bound, to take up Coulthard's seat at the end of the season. A predictable choice. I think Vettel has been doing extremely well, getting the most out of his Toro Rosso, proving he is an exciting prospect for the future. I hope he comes back to BMW once either Heidfeld or Kubica go:D .

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Thats about 3 races in a row that Heikki has been told to move over for Lewis ... Can not wait to read what he said in the Finnish media, apparently he's getting pretty pissed off about it, which is unusual for the nice guy in F1. He made that move look so obvious. Who wants to move to Mclaren to be Lewis's lap dog? :D

Muz4PM

HSC

Cape said:
Thats about 3 races in a row that Heikki has been told to move over for Lewis ... Can not wait to read what he said in the Finnish media, apparently he's getting pretty pissed off about it, which is unusual for the nice guy in F1. He made that move look so obvious. Who wants to move to Mclaren to be Lewis's lap dog? :D
Yeah, that was awful. I hope that Hekki can upstage Lewis before the end of the season.
Who wants to be the lap dog? Certainly not Alonso :lol:

F2001

HSC

As much as I hate team orders and I hate that race last night. Lewis was all over him and probably would've passed him the next lap...
Heikki either don't have the equal equipment (never reconsidered this for Mclaren) or he just so much slower than Lewis.

What an ama Massa, fucking block the cunt man. None of these drivers are champions. Someone with the mindset of Schumacher or Ayrton would win all the races on wets.

I mean seriously. If I was Massa, and saw he was gonna gain 2 pts on me if he passed me at that moment, and possibly 4 pts if he passed the guy further up. I would've used my fucking head (if I got no pace) and 1) block the crap out of him, force him to outside, if he goes outside, keep him off, push him out EVEN IF IT MEANS EAT GRASS OR CONTACT!
2) If Im so stupid to leave the inside open, TURN INTO HIM!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)