The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

ohdato

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

redslert said:
Don't post rumours in this thread. Which is just what you posted BULLSHIT made up by some idiot whole doesn't know anything.
Dont' whinge.

If I had a respected source, I'd post it....but much like the sources saying
that Williams will be a Toyota/Lexus powered pig next year it is just crap.
They did well in putting them to rest.

The thing is if SFW gets free motors from Toyota then he saves money to blow on the aero as well as money saved from just having younger drivers.
But I dont see Franky wanting to loose Webber as well as Flav who manages him.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

But Toyota wouldn't just give away free engines. Even if they rebrand them to Lexus. There was talk about Toyota taking Rosberg from Williams. Which would mean Trulli is out of the job (as his contract expires at the end of the year, while Ralf's doesn't).
Which could mean Frank could loose 2 drivers (although reading this, seems very unlikely).

Fisi drops hint about '07 teammate - 14 June 2006
Giancarlo Fisichella has dropped a whopping hint about what Renault's 2007 driver lineup will look like.

The Roman racer, testing his blue car at Monza on Tuesday, suggested that not only will he soon be confirmed as a continuing Renault driver, but that his new teammate will be Finnish.

'Quite often Flavio (Briatore) speaks well of me,' 33-year-old Fisichella told La Gazzetta dello Sport, 'and everyone in the team is happy with the job I am doing.'

He said in Italy: 'I really hope to stay. And who is going to replace (Fernando) Alonso next year? Surely, a Finn.'

While it is faintly possible that Fisichella is referring to Kimi Räikkönen, the 'Finn' in question is more likely to be Renault tester Heikki Kovalainen, who drove alongside the Italian on Tuesday.

Giancarlo Fisichella was quoted as saying: 'I hope for confirmation shortly.'

Fisichella also admitted to some disappointment about his championship tally this year, despite the fact that he has so far collected more points than at the same time in 2005.

'Of course, I would like to have the same amount as Alonso,' he said, 'but I have had some problems, some little problems, especially in qualifying which is so crucial.'

Referring to Malaysia, Fisichella added: 'The only time that things went well (in qualifying) I won the race.'

So Fisi and Keikki at Renault next season? I'd be surprised if Flavio keeps Fisi, after all, all he does is whinge.

ohdato

HSC

See if Toyota was giving SFW free (its a loose term of "free") donks, there'd be the exchange or further development of the motor with two teams. Obviously there would be a non currency exchange in the form of a driver.
I agree it would most probably be Roseburg.
Frank wouldn't want to loose Webber so cheaply.

That said Toyota is not much if at all infront of Cosworth and taking in budgets Cosworth is worth every penny.

Thats interesting about Reno, But I would thought it would be Raikkonen.
With Alonso gone I can't see Flav wanting to loose Fisi at the same time, regardless of his bad runs it'd be a big drop.

Damn I'm not liking all the talk of 07 when we are only 1/2 way thru 06.

gibbo67

HSC

i think the period of silly season has extended itself to its earliest point of the f1 year yet.....

i still can't see frank wanting to give up webber just yet, even if it were for a long-term deal with toyota

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Fisi has extended his contract until the end of next year.

I don't believe its Raikkonen thats going to Renault. Kimi is bound for Ferrari, whether Michael is leaving or staying. Heikki has been under Flavio's wings for yonks, hes done a year of solid f1 testing, and he should be fit and able enough to drive full time.

We have been talking silly season since the beginning of the year. I think that shows how boring F1 has become.

gibbo67

HSC

ohdato said:
http://planetf1.com/News/Story_Page/0,15909,3210_3213_1282564,00.html

Renault to supply motors to a second team.
Williams to go back to Reno's?

The shit just continues to get stirred.
Williams + Renault have been a winning combination in the past - i don't see why frank wouldn't want to return back the way they were

still lacking in the reasonable aero package without the assistance of newey from the old days though......... i guess it's a bit difficult to burn the wallet at both ends without the bottomless pockets of the bigger constructors

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Renault could rebrand as Nissan or something? But with the engine freeze still being enforced by mad max, Frank would be crazy not to take the option up. So what if he forks out a little bit more, but atleast he'd have one of the top engines in F1, other than the whimpy toyota.

With fisi getting a one year extention on his contract, webber has a one year option on his williams contract (assuming frank takes it out), we could still see webber in a renault in 2008.

Whats interesting is this article which has how much each team spends:
Mercedes-powered McLaren has beaten Toyota to the mantle as F1's biggest spender.

Business F1 magazine contends that the Woking-based outfit, spending a reputed $400 million (US) a year, pips the Japanese carmaker - at $393 million - to the dubious post.

Third and fourth are Honda ($382m) and BMW Sauber ($378m), leaving Ferrari just fifth in the ranking with an estimated annual spend of $329m.

Reigning drivers' and constructors champion (and 2006 title leader) Renault ranked a distant sixth by spending around $300m, followed perhaps surprisingly by Red Bull ($201m).

Williams ($134m) leads the remaining privateers, but Super Aguri ($95m) outpace both MF1 ($76m) and - bringing up the rear - Red Bull's junior team Scuderia Toro Rosso, at $66m.

Interestingly, though, Phillip Morris' sponsorship of Ferrari - at $97m a year - amounts to more than the annual budget of any of the final three teams.

Altogether, it's a mind-boggling collective spend of more than 2.5 billion dollars.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

BMW are out to kick mercedes ass.

Oooh ... Flexi wings are now banned. Took the FIA long enough to sort it out.
In a bid to end F1's ongoing 'flexi wing' saga, the FIA has finally made a tweak to the rear wing regulations.

A recent meeting of the 'Technical Working Group' found that no action should be taken on the matter, despite continuing rumblings at Silverstone that some teams are still slipping through a rule loophole.

The now long-running saga dates back to Bahrain, where rivals pointed fingers not only at Ferrari's rear wing but also the front. At the FIA's behest, BMW Sauber and McLaren Mercedes then also made design changes ahead of Melbourne.

With the change to take effect in Montreal next weekend, the FIA's Charlie Whiting sent a directive to teams this week to explain the new rule.

From Canada, 'separators' must be added to the elements of rear wings to ensure that flexing at high speed does not close a 'slot gap' and reduce drag.

Renault Technical Director Bob Bell said at Silverstone: "We need to be absolutely certain that everybody is respecting not just the letter of the law, but the spirit of the rules."
Now Ferrari's wings weren't that flexi, not in the recent races. It should effect renault and bmw more than anyone else.

Tuna

HSC
N/A

Cape said:
BMW are out to kick mercedes ass.
No, to promote their manufacturing cars. There had been a slump for their road cars. People bought more Honda and Toyota.

Cape said:
I don't think that they should be allowed to slow down, then speed up, then slow down, the speed up, then slow down and finally speed up.
They don't do it just for the sake of having fun. They have to warm their brakes, similar to M.Sch who got hit by a back-runner a few years ago whilst warming up his brakes.

Tuna

HSC
N/A

gibbo67 said:
Williams + Renault have been a winning combination in the past - i don't see why frank wouldn't want to return back the way they were

still lacking in the reasonable aero package without the assistance of newey from the old days though......... i guess it's a bit difficult to burn the wallet at both ends without the bottomless pockets of the bigger constructors
The Manufactures have the priviledge of income from their road cars. As you would have made your decision by now that Renault are spending less than other manufacturing teams, however, it is a big amount. Renault are not selling their cars well comparing to other teams. Their term committment beyond their planned would lay down due to the reason that they are leading the championship and major cost-cutting (this would not support the ethos of Honda whom lay down F1 is the elitist sport and therefore no restrictions on research - Their V-Tec engine is from F1)

Sir Frank Williams would be happy to return the way things were? He's too selfish to have a fifty-fifty split with BMW. Williams-f1 has internal structure crisis since the days of Montoya and Ralf Schumacher but that days of big sum of money are gone. Would Renault supply their best engines to Williams-f1?

gibbo67

HSC

Tuna said:
The Manufactures have the priviledge of income from their road cars. As you would have made your decision by now that Renault are spending less than other manufacturing teams, however, it is a big amount. Renault are not selling their cars well comparing to other teams. Their term committment beyond their planned would lay down due to the reason that they are leading the championship and major cost-cutting (this would not support the ethos of Honda whom lay down F1 is the elitist sport and therefore no restrictions on research - Their V-Tec engine is from F1)

Sir Frank Williams would be happy to return the way things were? He's too selfish to have a fifty-fifty split with BMW. Williams-f1 has internal structure crisis since the days of Montoya and Ralf Schumacher but that days of big sum of money are gone. Would Renault supply their best engines to Williams-f1?
To BMW? I never suggested that - hopefully you knew that williams won 5 constructors championships using renault engines back in the 1990s.

The trulli train will once again board from the pit straight - schuey might be in trouble if he can't pass him by the first corner

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

gibbo67 said:
The trulli train will once again board from the pit straight - schuey might be in trouble if he can't pass him by the first corner
Its not just the trulli train this race, the fisi train will come into play as well. Its obvious that hes going to hold up the field and let nando sprint away :( Hopefully Kimi can get past fisi and pressure nando into a mistake. Otherwise its going to be very painful to stay awake the whole night.

bizadfar

HSC

Pretty good race. The Mclaren looked quite competitive, but the pitstops just screwed their day. Another mistake by Rosberg, and only one driver hits the wall of champions (well schumacher brushed it). Ban TC!

I was looking at the throttle, gear, speed diagram. Alonso depends on a shitload of TC. No wonder he seldomly makes mistakes.

Big questions should be asked, what R.Schumacher was doing out there?

Ban TC, Ban TC,Ban TC,Ban TC,Ban TC,Ban TC,Ban TC,Ban TC

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Fisi is such the renault team player, I think hes still wanting a drive at Ferrari (especially with him being Italian). I still can't believe renault resigned him.

Rosberg was looking very racey though, ashame that he and monty had a coming together. Monty needs to get his act together, otherwise its back to the states for him.

Kimi chucked a France 2002 :p
And Kimi and Michael seem to be very nice to each other lately, wonder if that means Kimi is going to Ferrari ;)

They are going to ban TC or something like that in 2008.

Ralfie, I dunno. Toyota's management really sucks. They always qualify on fumes to make them look good, atleast they could have retired Ralfie. But Canada has a habit of being like Monaco, a lot of retirements. So thats probably why they left him out.

Tuna

HSC
N/A

bizadfar said:
Another mistake by Rosberg, and only one driver hits the wall of champions (well schumacher brushed it). Ban TC!

I was looking at the throttle, gear, speed diagram. Alonso depends on a shitload of TC. No wonder he seldomly makes mistakes.
Rosberg is very competitive, his mistakes derive from impatience.
Without Traction Control, F1 car would almost be too difficult to drive. Everyone has Traction control installed so why did you mention he seldomly makes mistake? Everyone is on the same level.

Tuna

HSC
N/A

Cape said:
And Kimi and Michael seem to be very nice to each other lately, wonder if that means Kimi is going to Ferrari ;)
The tobacco company is willing to cover the Dream Team salary. Now, why would Kimi come to Ferrari?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Tuna said:
Everyone has Traction control installed so why did you mention he seldomly makes mistake? Everyone is on the same level.
That hasn't stopped Montoya. :rofl:
Sorry, it had to be said.

Tuna said:
The tobacco company is willing to cover the Dream Team salary. Now, why would Kimi come to Ferrari?
Yes, Marlboro have stated that they will fork out something like $92 million US for the Kimi / Schumi dream team.

I really do think Kimi is coming to Ferrari. Massa has even stated that hes looking else where for a drive next season.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

what? why would they pay 92m for both - they already have schumi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)