The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Grizzly said:
what? why would they pay 92m for both - they already have schumi
Cause Schumi has another 2 years, max, left in him. Plus, who better for Kimi to learn more about the game than Schumi. After all, Kimi is the successor to Schumi.

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Kimi chucked a France 2002 :p
And Kimi and Michael seem to be very nice to each other lately, wonder if that means Kimi is going to Ferrari ;)

They are going to ban TC or something like that in 2008.
LOl yea the oil spill, still remember that.

Tuna said:
Rosberg is very competitive, his mistakes derive from impatience.
Without Traction Control, F1 car would almost be too difficult to drive. Everyone has Traction control installed so why did you mention he seldomly makes mistake? Everyone is on the same level.
Ah bullshit. Non of the preceding sports have TC like GP2/F3(even though they are lighter cars-easier to correct. THat's what the challenge of F1 is, heavier, more powerful). Too difficult to drive... give me a break. What the hell were they doing before 2001(inc first 4 races). Without TC, Schumacher is probably king, and he proved that in 94, 95, some parts in 96, 97(keep in mind the 1994/96/97 williams were way better than the benneton/ferrari. Also today there is just so much grip, from high aero levels and continuous tyre development.

And no, everyone is NOT on the same level. Each Mfr has their OWN TC technology implemented. Each DRIVER can choose the level of TC. Notice the BMW sauber drivers, esp Heidfield. I was watching the duel with him an Montoya in Silverstone. On the corner club, montoya slammed the throttle down 100%, and relied on TC. Heidfield's throttle bar(gradually came to 100% but only 60% throttle when montoya was on 100%-TC on)) showed next to no TC used. In the end? Better acceleration. It is so easy to drive an F1 car these days. Brake, smack throttle, Brake, smack throttle. But as a race goes on WITHOUT TC, Drivers make mistakes and are forced to correct, hence closer racing. Racing would be better without it.

WHy did they introduce TC in the first place? Teams were using ECUs to split the torque supplied to individual wheels. Some ECUs were better than others, and the FIA said it was too hard to detect. That was 5 years ago now. I'm sure they could detect them now, if TC was banned, and ECU installed. Maybe a controlled ECU. Some others say safety.

Also watch Schumacher. He has big steering inputs on exits of corners and mid corner. This is to solve all the little slides in the car. This just shows he uses very little TC, in order to get very good acceleration, and cornering speed.

And yes it would be wise for Kimi to move to Ferrari. Ferrari have the best engine+chassis development, best reliability, all round good package and consistancy. Mclaren has lost Adrian Newey. The 2005 MP4-20 is over. I hate to say it, but it's over. It's been confirmed by reliable paddock sources, and look at the press conference with Kimi whenever he gets a podium. He doesn't care about this season really, yes he wants a few wins, that's all but he didn't care if he came 2nd or 3rd in Canada.

2007, Alonso in Mclaren hopefully he can compete. RBR ferrari with Newey and ferrari engines will be very competitve i hope. I expect the renaults, ferraris to be at it again. Hoepfully Honda can get rid of this fuel problem. Car is just crap with fuel onboard+race setup, shines when low on fuel and qualifying, as we saw in 2004 season. They've been having this problem for years and still can't get on top of it.

Anyway before banning TC, bring back the 2002 qualifying style. Whoever thought of the current systems needs to get his head checked. Watching cars go around for 18minutes burning fuel is a fucking joke. Whereas a 12 lap system, with drivers going full on, would be awesome.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Yay! I'm not the only one that remembers France 2002 :p

I agree though on removing TC. But the way mad max wants to make the series, its going to turn into a form of A1 or forumla ford or what not. Which is when I will turn F1 off, for good!

It will sort the boys from the men.
Montoya needs so much TC because he spins all the time :p
But Schumi is the king - TC or no TC :p

2007 - I suspect mclaren are going to suffer, and I look forward to nando regretting to move there. Actually I also think renault will suffer, especially if they promote fisi to number 1 driver, and the move to bridgestones. I suspect a ferrari red wash next season, williams and toyota (if they fix their problems up) should be up there too. It all depends how soon after the season teams are allowed to test on bridgestones.
Honda's problem lies with the fact that they sacked the wrong person. They need to get rid of Nick Fry - that guy has his head so far up jensons ass.

I don't think qualifying is as bad as you say. It would be nice to watch it every round though. Not just numbers.

Race starts at 2:45am, be prepared for a red wash boys!

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Yay! I'm not the only one that remembers France 2002 :p

I agree though on removing TC. But the way mad max wants to make the series, its going to turn into a form of A1 or forumla ford or what not. Which is when I will turn F1 off, for good!

It will sort the boys from the men.
Montoya needs so much TC because he spins all the time :p
But Schumi is the king - TC or no TC :p

2007 - I suspect mclaren are going to suffer, and I look forward to nando regretting to move there. Actually I also think renault will suffer, especially if they promote fisi to number 1 driver, and the move to bridgestones. I suspect a ferrari red wash next season, williams and toyota (if they fix their problems up) should be up there too. It all depends how soon after the season teams are allowed to test on bridgestones.
Honda's problem lies with the fact that they sacked the wrong person. They need to get rid of Nick Fry - that guy has his head so far up jensons ass.

I don't think qualifying is as bad as you say. It would be nice to watch it every round though. Not just numbers.

Race starts at 2:45am, be prepared for a red wash boys!

Correct, forget about 2007, only bridgestone tyres. I bet Mclaren will suffer a bit, but they will have driver input/development.

Isn't race at 3:45am? But yea we need a ferraris, mclarens, and others in the top part of the race. And renault further down as possible. I suspect alot of teams will take wing off their cars for the race, less toe, for passing opportunities and try maximise more mech grip. (I think this is why Jenson was passed so easy in Melbourne - too much downforce)

SHould be great, esp if Schumacher or someone different wins. Massa will also play a very important role in this if he doesn't make it past Michael in turn 1. I expect the hondas to get jumped into turn 1, but who knows, have to wait and see. Getting off the line is all dependant on so many things and involved lots of luck hehehe.

edit: oops sorry, 2:45am it is. After canada i swear they said it was 3:45am.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

:D
They made a mistake, the race is supposed to start at 2:45am, however I found on a williams forum that big brother is going to have a special interview at 9:40, so I suspect that even though the race is in america, bb is still going to fuck up the race.

But next year will be great, the end of the tyre war. Its the tyres that are winning the races now, not the cars and drivers. Then everyone can see what a shit brand of tyres bridgestone are. The only reason why they are doing well at Indy is cause firestone test there, and michies have gone conservative.

I know Ferrari are running with a fair bit of wing to cope with the infield section of the track. But we will see a Ferrari 1 - 2 for the first time since ..........................
geez ... not even I can remember. Renault are struggling, honda, macca and ralfie should come into play. Fingers crossed for both renaults to DNF to make the championship interesting again.

As for the start: it will be MS followed by Massa into the first turn, maybe baz could get infront of fisi? I know I'm hoping for a lot there. Or baz could smash nando's front wing off.

Last edited:

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
:D
They made a mistake, the race is supposed to start at 2:45am, however I found on a williams forum that big brother is going to have a special interview at 9:40, so I suspect that even though the race is in america, bb is still going to fuck up the race.

But next year will be great, the end of the tyre war. Its the tyres that are winning the races now, not the cars and drivers. Then everyone can see what a shit brand of tyres bridgestone are. The only reason why they are doing well at Indy is cause firestone test there, and michies have gone conservative.

I know Ferrari are running with a fair bit of wing to cope with the infield section of the track. But we will see a Ferrari 1 - 2 for the first time since ..........................
geez ... not even I can remember. Renault are struggling, honda, macca and ralfie should come into play. Fingers crossed for both renaults to DNF to make the championship interesting again.

As for the start: it will be MS followed by Massa into the first turn, maybe baz could get infront of fisi? I know I'm hoping for a lot there. Or baz could smash nando's front wing off.

Yea remember the 98-01(i think it was 01?) all on bridgestones. 97 you had ferrari on goodyear which were inferior in that year.

Alonso has the inside on the start maybe he can get close to getting a good overtake. Whoever is in 4th needs to be agressive and close him off nicely, and maybe knock his wing off like you said. Felipe massa maybe should brake test them, hehe, whoever is behind him gets the wing knocked off when making slight contact with his rear tyre.(like schumi has done to montoya, button on schumacher in the past)

Yea Cape, about 2002. I have the year book for it made by Toyota, when they entered in their debut year. They were sponsored by EMC at the time, and my mother was a financial analyst for them. I was extremely lucky and thankful to get tickets to 2002, melbourne race. Great experience. I hope you all remember 2002 turn 1 ehehe. WHenever i can't be stuffed reviewing, I keep reading that book.

I need to download all the 2003, 2005 races. Fell asleep through most of them, or just didn't bother much with 2003. If you guys need a source to download full seasons of any form of motorsport, send me an email or PM.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I can't remember when michelin came into formula one. I'll google it later :p But I know that I'm fed up with this tyre war. Its damaged the sport.

Our old Ferrari man, barrichello is 4th. Jv is just behind nando, and jv has been very racey recently. I don't want massa brake testing anyone, we need a ferrari 1 - 2 before we head off to france.

Yes, I remember 2002, turn 1 at Albert Park :D Awesome stuff, too bad those days of racing have gone.

The 2003 season was awesome as well. Kimi was soooooooooo close to winning it, but mclaren is not the team for him. I still stand by my belief that if Kimi is ever going to be WDC, it will be with Ferrari.

Oh, full seasons of any form of motorsport, that is ever so tempting :jaw:

ohdato

HSC

Cape, just read your comment about Albert
Park 2002 with turn 1....rather ironic with
last nights Turn 1 effort.

Kimi/Schumi will be a great pairing. No TC would
be interesting, but even know they have issues
with too much oversteer. Would be a struggle for
some.

How dead was the crowd as well, I knew it'd be back
considering 05's effort. But damn too much Nascar and IRL.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Haha ... I just realised that :p

And Sato is back to his usual tricks :(

Fantastic race though last night. Loved every single minute of it! Best race of the season. Schumi taking 6 points out of Nando! Yay!! Hopefully the bridgestones working wasn't a one off. And we can have a fantastic end part of the season.

The crowd wasn't THAT dead. Michael made a joke in the press conference that we didn't get to hear:
MS: Let me just say one thing. The funny thing is last year we started six cars, and we finished six cars. Today we started all cars and only nine finished, so only three more.
Whilst we are on Michael jokes, he made another 2:
Giancarlo, Michael’s had a chance to talk about Germany’s prospects in the World Cup, what about your passion for the Azzuri and Italy?
GF: You know, myself and Michael are really big fans of football. We play together in a drivers’ team for charity. I think both of us play quite well. Apart from that…

FM: I don’t think so, no.

MS: You’d better be quiet, you’re out already.
Michael, when is the last time, though, you picked up a team mate after a race near the podium like you did Felipe and; secondly, when is the last time you did feel this excited?
MS: It's a long time ago I picked up a team-mate and threw him up in the air. There are many reasons for that. First of all, we're getting on very well together. He's really a special team-mate, I have to say, for many ways, for his speed, for his character and the way we work together in the team. Plus he's so light, it's easy. Last year, I would have struggled to pick up Rubens.
:rofl: He put a smile on my face and made me cry all in one day! Yes, I did shed a tear before the podium celebrations, its been a long time since a ferrari 1 - 2.

And sucked in to Alonso. You were SOOOOOO close to breaking Schumi's record of most consective podiums. But you didn't. Sucker :p
Alonso will definately struggle next year at Mclaren.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Thats why we call Baz, nugget. But then again, Michael is the heaviest F1 driver. Be it, its only like 75kg.

Never did like Baz much, he always looked like he was drunk on the podium. Massa has a sort of baby cuteness to him, which is cute :)

Tuna

HSC
N/A

Everyone wants to ban Traction Control. It will be interesting to watch....Sure, if they are good then it will look like the old days. If they not then they'll crash.

So, you could mention a few words about ECUs etc. They need Traction Control and the argument ends here. Your mum will know how to analyse the risks of a multi-billion industry. You will have too much risks when eliminating a car, too much money would be involved.....lol. The F1 industry will not care less for individuals. If an agreement can not fall through, the U.S GP will be gone....so? The manufacturers are putting the hands up to support and maintain it so they could "advertise" their cars, even merchandising products. If their cars crash all the way through the season then you tell me....

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Bridgestone has the tender for the 2008 - 2010 championship :D
I'm glad that they tyre war is gone, and glad michelin are gone as well. We almost had another indygate last weekend.

And microsoft has been announced as the official ECU supplier.

What about a limitation on the amount of traction control they use? Is that possible? Sometimes crashes are the only way teams get advertising (see Sato's case :p). I hope a new deal is sorted for Indy. Most teams have a huge customer market in the states. And obviously bernie wants all the money, hope we don't go to Vegas.

ohdato

HSC

Microsoft will be teaming up with Siemens for the ECU's, will be interesting.
Bill Gates will be laughing while crawling in his billions of dollars.

Either TC stays or goes. I think it would be too hard to regulate and easy
to cheat. But possible with a controlled ECU.
Indy seems boring as a race. I supose with Michelin out and less chance of the same crap I guess it'll pick up. I think they need a change to spark interest in the US, its too Nascar and IRL for even F1 to crack a big market like that.

I've been getting wet over old F1 videos of like Senna, old school schumi, 70s, 80s races. I got a droolage vid of Senna on a hot lap at Monaco (think one handed full opposite lock thru the hair pin).

Lets give them too much HP, no driving aids, LIMITED aero and slick tyres....FTW

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

The new controlled ECUs are from mclaren :rofl:

We really need a wet race. Then MS can kick nando's ass, because nando can't drive in the wet. And then he'll go crying back to his daddy, flavio, complaining that the whole world is against him. The flavy will complain to the fia to strip all points from that race, because it was rainning too much.

As for Indy, F1 needs America, because of sponsorship. Michelin stuffed up 3 years in a row. Michelin shouldn't even be allowed to race again. The tyre war got out of control. But there are better tracks in America than indy, like Watkins Glen and Laguna Seca. They only go to Indy, because its the spiritual home of motorsport in America.

Slicks are coming back in 2008.

ohdato

HSC

The "Mclaren" ECUs are made by a totally different company to the Racing team Mclaren...but in a way are related to TAG who currently do Ferrari....I hope I got that right.

RPM had a good article on the racing wheel for Honda and all the buttons and tricks. Pretty simple looking and operated but does so much.

ohdato

HSC

Another interesting character gone.

He just go chopped by kimi too much. In a way he has never really
sparkled in the Mclaren seat. I would of thought he'd atleast get
a seat in a Champ Car, but Nascar still has the money and all the
attention.

gibbo67

HSC

it is lamentable to see JPM heading back to american racing - though his comment was that he'd rather finish his career on a high rather than sticking in f1 like a washed-up old-timer in one of the low teams like midland or toyota , though his move looks kinda like jos verstappen and his move to a1. He has had a chance to conquer f1 in both the williams and the mclarens, despite the ferrari domination, but is now been effectively squeezed out by fernando due to his poor form.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

YES!! Best news all week!! One idiot gone, another 2 or 3 still left. Atleast nascar won't be too challenging for him. Left, left, left, left, left, left, left, left, left .... smash!

BMW has also recruited Macca's engine designer. Two things from this:
- Macca will have nobody except nando at the end of the year
- BMW's are going to go kaboom every weekend.

Ferrari have an extra 20hp for their engine for France, new aero and bridgestone have "super" soft tyres for France.
Oh, did anyone see Schumi and Corinna at the Germany vs Portugal game :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)