The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

bizadfar

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Sam Michael has said that right now McLaren have a far more radical diffuser than Renault, In fact he suggested to me that the Mac diffuser could be looked at unfavorably by Charlie Whiting if it appears in the same guise in Melbourne.

ohdato

HSC

I can't find/be bothered results. But word is that DC and the RB3 is top of the charts at the latest practice with Webber abit further down.

el gwapo

HSC

20 is overboard... and with the population in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi it does not make sense. Of course it's the money that walks and talks. We will see less European.. in the end we might be left with: France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium, UK and Hungary. That will seriously revamp the calendar and the way teams work, before there was this uniform European mid-season, now costs will probably go up with more travel... though putting races in China, and cash-swimming Gulf countries could subsidise for that

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Well, Honda's livery is definately .............. different.

ohdato

HSC

Can't really define the shape all that much when its dead black.
They prob wont change as a team in relations to results.

bizadfar

HSC

ohdato said:
Can't really define the shape all that much when its dead black.
They prob wont change as a team in relations to results.
She is talking about the stupid earth livery

It's a sack of shit, looks like their not getting much $$ from sponsors? Good luck Honda...

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Cape said:
Be sure to watch channel 10's fantastic coverage on Thursday, and I'll see what I can do!

And if I do get his autograph and I'll scan it and email it to you! After all, I'm going autograph hunting with some friends on Thursday. Btw - I highly doubt his biggest fan would be wearing a webber and ferrari shirt / jacket, would they ;)
Wait at the entrance to the paddock in the mornings and at the end of the day. By the end of the weekend you'll get pretty much every driver's autograph - plus you get to hang out with the F1 hardcores and random weirdos like myself.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
Well, Honda's livery is definately .............. different.
I think that's the only time an F1 livery has given me a hard-on. The Audi concept at fourtitude.com came close, but there's daylight between the two.

ohdato

HSC

Cape, you were referencing Hondas new marketing craziness with the earth livery/no sponors....yes?

Looks crazy and I dont know how it'd look in real life or how much money they'd loose...from lack of exposure.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Honda aren't losing millions. Their motorhomes and the like will still carry sponsor decals, and they've got a partnership going with other corporations like Universal Music and Gatorade where the companies can freely use the image of the Honda RA107 with the team getting some of their revenue. Also, they have myearthdream.com, but that's more for donations and the like.

ohdato

HSC

But graphics and logos on the car and air time during the race is another key element. Of course they'd have other avenues, it sort of shows a lack of professionalism none the less a cool concept and different in the sport.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I'm going to have to disagree on that one. Their concept will probably draw a little more camera-time than usual, and naturally commentators will explain what's going on with that incredibly sexy livery. Thus, some viewers are likely to get behind Honda and their cause and probably result in a few extra sales for the marque.

Also, in other news, Spyker have decided to change their livery to something a little easier on the retina. The new strip harkens back to the days of Arrows' Orange sponsorship, though it does look a little like a shoe.

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/69382.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/69376.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/69369.jpg

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Get this: Ralf claims he's one of the three best drivers on the grid, alongside Alonso and Raikkonen. Taken from http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=38598

Originally claimed by Baby Schumi

Ralf Schumacher has claimed he is one top of the top three drivers in Formula 1 alongside Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.

The 31-year-old German starts his 11th F1 season in Melbourne next week and has six grand prix wins to his name.

However despite not having won a race since the 2003 French Grand Prix, the Toyota driver is convinced that he should be classed in the same bracket as the sport’s recognised top two.

“You always depend on your car as a driver,” he told Germany’s Bild newspaper.

“In a Minardi for example, my brother would not have won a world title.

“I definitely count myself among the strongest three drivers.

“Clearly Alonso and Raikkonen are fast – but I must hide behind nobody.

“If I was not convinced, I would not be in Formula 1 any more.”

Schumacher’s chances of returning to the winner's circle in the early part of 2007 look slim, since Toyota has struggled for pace alongside its rivals in pre-season group testing.

But the German, in his third year with the Cologne-based squad, remains confident that the Japanese car giant is still on course to achieve its F1 ambitions – with a first win still not out of the question for this season.

“We must work to improve,” he said.

“I know that we are on the right path – the investment will bear fruit some time.

“I hope still in 2007.

“I intend to win the first race for Toyota.

“Toyota is and remains the team of the future," he added.

"This company, all the workers have only one goal – to lead Toyota to the top.

“The Formula 1 title is only a question of time."
So tell us, Ralf ... if you're a top-three driver, why aren't you in a top-three team? Just because you're big brother no longer drives, that doesn't mean you qualify for his vacancy. Toyota were probably the most half-arsed effort last year; Williams at least tried, as evidenced by Webber leading two Grands Prix, if only for a lap. Toyota are behind McLaren, Ferrari, Renault, Honda, BMW-Sauber and probably the new Williams effort. If the Austrians can sort out their problems with the shrink-wrapped RB3, Toyota will probably be behind them as well.

Maybe Ralf has it in him to be a top-three driver, but he was nothing stellar when he drove for the likes of Williams. Honda's Hero of Hungary (that's Jenson or Mr. Button to you) not only out-qualified, but out-raced him all season. In short, Toyota suck. They're the world's largest car manufacturer, but run their team like a business: everything is decided by a committee. They need a major overhaul if they want to stand a chance ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

The Honda will look really nice up close, but on tv it will just look like messy bits of green and blue.

Ralfie :p Is there any particular reason why you posted the article? I thought we've been through the whole Ralf thing before. Anyways, I think he's changed since the 2 indy smashes and the Monza smash. He no longer takes risky moves :( Maybe its time for him to go like his brother.

Oh - btw - I'm off to Melbourne tomorrow :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

We're back on the "Ralfie" thing because Ralfie said that last week. You know, after the accidents and his brother retiting ...

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
The Honda will look really nice up close, but on tv it will just look like messy bits of green and blue.

Ralfie :p Is there any particular reason why you posted the article? I thought we've been through the whole Ralf thing before. Anyways, I think he's changed since the 2 indy smashes and the Monza smash. He no longer takes risky moves :( Maybe its time for him to go like his brother.

Oh - btw - I'm off to Melbourne tomorrow :p
Thurs morning for me :)

As you should know OIS, a driver+car is one. Ralf is good, he was close to Montoya in most tracks apart from classics like Brazil, Monza etc.

Cape, he has reassured many times, if he wasnt taking risks racing, he would've left long ago. It's F1, crashing at 280km/h is safer than us crashing our road cars at 110km/h. The only concern would be the team getting a bit fed up with multiple accidents and money lost.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Hands up who else thinks the new Super Aguri looks like a cheap Honda-Renault cut and paste with livery that looks like it was done in MS Paint?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

looks smexii..not.

:p

vodafone. looks bad on mclaren. sifnt stay with ferrari.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)