The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

I don't see the problem with aggression in racing...I really don't. Unless it's moronically dangerous then there shouldn't be a problem with racers being aggressive in maintaining their positions and overtaking. It certainly makes for a more exciting race, which is never a bad thing.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
Well, let's see ... he pretty much pushed Webber off with his overly-aggressive passing moves; likewise Glock, who he nearly sent into the gravel as well. And it's not the first time as well; he was muscling Raikkonen off the racing line - and thus off the track - in Germany as well.
But Montoya and Schumi used to do it all the time? Ok, I guess they didn't do it in Monsoon conditions like in Monza, but still no one critisied them in the past (I am not defending Hamilton either!)
Lewis's wet weather driving in beyond dangerous, he's going to end up in a gravel trap again, very shortly.

btw - you still owe me a game on batracer! :D

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Go Vettel, boo hamilton. Cheap tactics as usual. There's a difference between aggression and running Webber off the road.

ledzeppelin

HSC

Hamilton would be hoping he doesn't end up in the middle of the field any time soon, behind someone like Alonso or Webber, cause I doubt they'll be giving him much room after his recent antics

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
But Montoya and Schumi used to do it all the time? Ok, I guess they didn't do it in Monsoon conditions like in Monza, but still no one critisied them in the past (I am not defending Hamilton either!)
Lewis's wet weather driving in beyond dangerous, he's going to end up in a gravel trap again, very shortly.
Yeah, but they didn't dive down the inside from six miles behind and expect the otehr to move aside because they was coming through.

Also, you'll get your game. Didn't actually see that comment until now, though.

F2001

HSC

Umm, you don't see Montoya doing that at all really. He leaves room quite a lot for an aggressive driver.

Hamilton's was just unecessary, he had better traction (less yaw), and was getting away from Glock and less distance (marginally) to travel to the next chicane.

Glock regretting he should've kept his line and take them both out. What's he got to lose? It"ll smash hamilton's ego to bits.

Problem is clear. Pussy drivers get taken advantage of, two hamilton's make an accident. I will not be surprised of some incidents in the near future if this attitude/"i think im god" status continues.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
Why do spin outs result in retirements?

kthx
It depeds on where it happens:
- On street circuits, retirement usually comes about because the car gets badly damaged. Case in point: Mark Webber parking it in the wall during first practice this weekend.
- Spinning out can often be the result of mechanical failure. When Massa wiped out at Spang this year, it was caused by something coming undone.
- Oftentimes, going off the track means you can't get back on. If you're stuck in the gravel - though they are moving towards tarmac run-off areas - then you probably won't be getting out. It takes a dozen engineers to start a Formula One car; they don't just turn the key in the ignition.
- As you've probably noticed, Formula One cars are also very low. While a car may not experience too much trouble in an off-track excursion, a trip into the landscape can often cause damage underneath the car.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

^cool, cool, that explains a lot. :)

The Singapore track looks very sexy at night. I guess there won't be much overtaking, so I hope it rains so we get an even more exciting race! :D

el gwapo

HSC

ledzeppelin said:
I think this picture sums things up nicely
Can't do anything but hang my head in shame....

Or maybe I can
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/111424.jpg

Will a useless series of lights cost Ferrari the World Championships?

ps I love staying up late on Sunday evenings not having to worry about the HSC or business studies first period. :D

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

Alonso!

Bravo Bravo Bravo Fernando!

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Beh. Good driver but a bit of a pig. Hamilton seems like such a damn nice guy, congratulating Alonso and shaking his hand and whatever. Pretty impressive.

But what a race eh? Up there with the best of the season. Shame about Massa and Webber. Raikkonen is a n00b. He needs to relearn how to drive properly, so that he doesn't end races either in a wall or down in 15th place like an ass. Awesome to see Vettel so high too.

Reckon we'll be seeing Bourdais and Piquet back next year?

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I think Raikkonen has pretty much given up on defending his title.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Yeh, he can mathematically but obvs Massa is the one who has the best chance of catching Hamilton. I'm hoping next year BMW and Renault are real front runners, not just when something strange happens.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Nah I hope Red Bull are up there somehow. It'd be awesome to see Vettel in a truly capable car. Webber too, of course.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I'm just sending my deposit payment off for Melbourne next year, now :)

Its just over $3000 for 3 of us to go, with a 2 bedroom apartment, and 4 day grandstand seats, we will be sitting at turn 1 on Thursday and race day, and opposite the pits for practice and qualifying.

Should be good, as long as its not as hot as this year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)