The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ATAR_boy

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Boateng :rofl:
This is funny. His first mistake was tackling the German Captain, and then he misses a crucial penalty. The rumours were that Kevin-Prince Boateng would move back to Germany in the transfer window, but after injuring Ballack, I doubt he will be plyin his trade in the Bundesliga next season or else: :chainsaw:

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC

I always wonder why Spanish players (except Reina, Fabregas and Torres) avoid playing in the Premier League?

Otherwise, he'll only get game time if Barca sell either Ibrahimovic or Henry...
lol Rafa had about half the Spanish team at Liverpool last year. And only money stopped him from getting Silva + Villa in the off-season. But it does seem they like to stay around other Spaniards. (Except Fabregas, although rumours are he's on the move to Barca as well)

Villa is way more exciting than a washed up Henry. If he shows his class at the World Cup I reckon he'll be a first team starter.

Looks like La Liga is becoming more and more a two-horse race. They're gonna have the world's best players and coaches but it will be as boring as watching the Scottish Premier League.

Charizard

HSC

I always wonder why Spanish players (except Reina, Fabregas and Torres) avoid playing in the Premier League?

Otherwise, he'll only get game time if Barca sell either Ibrahimovic or Henry...
For a few reasons.

1. Most of them speak pretty poor english
2. Most of them love it in spain
3. the tax rate is lower in spain
4. It's often young spanish players dream to play for madrid or barcelona
5. Most of them know itll probably take a few season to adapt to the epl, and at villa's age, whats the point.

Fabregas is only playing in the epl because bercelona rejected him as a youth, otherwise hed be playing for barca every week.

LordPc

HSC

ummm, how many italians play outside of Italy? how many english play outside of england? how many germans play outside of germany?

you have to get to france and portugal before you find a nation where the top players are willing to leave their national league

HSC

ummm, how many italians play outside of Italy? how many english play outside of england? how many germans play outside of germany?

you have to get to france and portugal before you find a nation where the top players are willing to leave their national league
qft

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC

12 minutes into the Cardiff v Blackpool Championship play-off and already 2 quality goals 1-1. Anyone else watching it?

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC

Blackpool up 3-2 at half-time. Fantastic game.

johony

HSC

socceroos are fucked

no decent strikers and verbeek unwilling to play anything besides 4-2-3-1 is worrying

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

it's the same squad only 4 years older and minus viduka and the element of surprise. the world cup is beginning to look rather bleak.

HSC

it's the same squad only 4 years older and minus viduka and the element of surprise. the world cup is beginning to look rather bleak.
i'd like to think that they are 4 yrs more experienced

ATAR_boy

HSC

blackpool into epl..wtf
and inter won ucl
I'm highly doubtful that Blackpool will be as successful as Stoke, Birmingham in surviving the EPL. Congratulations to Inter, they deserved the UCL & Good luck to Ben Foster who will show his *cough* talent for Birmingham this season.

Birmingham sign Zigic! A nice signing for a club that has more-than-capable wingers, midfielders in Larsson, Ferguson. :cool:

ATAR_boy

HSC

socceroos are fucked

no decent strikers and verbeek unwilling to play anything besides 4-2-3-1 is worrying
+1. Mcdonald is clearly NOT a profilic striker but he could of been a better-than-average striker off the bench.

Schwarzer to Arsenal?...Almunia's career is over in England. :uhhuh:

LordPc

HSC

lol, even though i highly doubt it, it will only be for a season at the most, maybe even half a season if it does come to pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)