The Football Thread (3 Viewers)

josephg10

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

sweet_as said:
Yay got my GF tickets today at 930...Bay 8, will be well worth the trip...COME ON SYDNEY
I think the mariners will beat Adelade then kill Sydney in the final

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

josephg10 said:
I think the mariners will beat Adelade then kill Sydney in the final
I hope CC Mariners beat Adelaide....but I think a game between Syd and CC would be very close....with Sydney winning at the end :D

tempco

HSC

One think I don't understand is why Dwight Yorke was given so much time with the ball (before Sydney scored).

Anyway, grats to Sydney FC.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

Well firstly becauz Central Coast don't have the best defenderz on earth, and secondly, they played in a furious pace which prob made their decision makin a bit slow, and hence allowed Yorke so much time to pick the pass. In normal circumstances in a 2 on 1 situation one of the defenders would've closed him down.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC

In Beauchamp, Clark and Heffernan, they had three of the most solid defenders in the A-League.

Central Coast just tired midway through the second half.

We win the Premiership, but we didn't really deserve to win the match yesterday.

Who cares, though :-D

SYDNEY FC! PREMIERS '05/06!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC

Beuchamp was solid throughout the game. the mariners just lacked that little of bit clinical finishing, considering their chances. Yorke stepped up in the 2nd half, you could he was making a few more runs and made himself some more space. That happened in the semi as well, as he struggled to make an impact in the first half.

The crowd was amazing, we were in the middle and the atmosphere was nothing like ive seen before. Big ups to the public for making it an awesome occasion.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC

I had to work :(

Is Dwight eligible for a loan move to Europe now? I heard Falkirk wanted to sign him.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Dwight isn't worth shit. He should stay in the Gay-League where everyone makes him out to be a superstar.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

Komit said:
Dwight isn't worth shit. He should stay in the Gay-League where everyone makes him out to be a superstar.
"Gay-League"?????.......elaborate please

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

It's Gay. Fucking up State League football big time and ruining the footballing future of Australia. They desperately need to create a Reserve/Youth squad for every club and give our juniors incentive to stay in Australia and play at a higher level.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

Komit said:
It's Gay. Fucking up State League football big time and ruining the footballing future of Australia. They desperately need to create a Reserve/Youth squad for every club and give our juniors incentive to stay in Australia and play at a higher level.
Fucking up football in Australia???? Surely you cannot be serious, the A-League is the best thing to happen to club football in this country. The point was to establish a fully professional league to GIVE out juniors incentive to stay and play in Australia, not leave because they could only go so far money wise like in the NSL. I agree that a Youth League is necessary to maintain development, but at the moment it would place a major drain on clubs funds, but it will come in the future. Perhaps each of the clubs could use their respective State Leagues as their development base, eg loaning out players that aren't getting a run in the First Team to clubs.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC

Komit said:
Komit, stop being Macedonian!

Apart from NSW (and I guess you can include Victoria too), State Leagues in the other states were piss-poor. At best.

Let us all be disappointed in the A-League, because the EPL has youth development systems, reserve teams and training squads in place. Forget the fact the EPL is technically only about 12 or 13 years old, because we all know that in theory, it is a lot older than that.

The A-League will develop everything necessary to entice young players to stay here instead of going to Europe. First off, though, it would be a good thing if people like Archie Thompson didn't run off to Europe at the first opportunity, and Dave Carney talk about going to England as soon as possible also.

Hopefully, young children in Australia will grow up dreaming of playing for Sydney, Perth and Adelaide .. instead of Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus. Obviously the quality of the competition doesn't currently warrant this .. but there is hope for the mid-to-long-term future of the game in Australia.

And nevertheless, the A-League has shown that there IS a market for the game in Australia .. the NSL just did not bother even trying to exploit it because of all the self-serving European dickheads running the clubs and the competition.

Perhaps, though, your reason for being upset is founded.

I recall your posts early on in the season, and I called you a closet Mariners supporter.

The Mariners lost the Grand Final .. hmmm.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

copious said:
Beuchamp was solid throughout the game. the mariners just lacked that little of bit clinical finishing, considering their chances. Yorke stepped up in the 2nd half, you could he was making a few more runs and made himself some more space. That happened in the semi as well, as he struggled to make an impact in the first half.

The crowd was amazing, we were in the middle and the atmosphere was nothing like ive seen before. Big ups to the public for making it an awesome occasion.
thank you

my brother and i were the ones keeping a large group of mariners quiet with our sydney chants (dont ask what we said...we just tried to out-chant them :p)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC

braad said:
thank you

my brother and i were the ones keeping a large group of mariners quiet with our sydney chants (dont ask what we said...we just tried to out-chant them :p)
Did you perchance not have your shirts on? I think ..

And/or did you converse with a girl behind you (16 years old)? She would have been with her boyfriend and her family.

If so, that is REALLY coincidental.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

ahhh...no, we were shirted (?) and didnt chat up any 16 year old girls. It's illegal :/

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC

Haha ok.

It's just that one of my friends went with his girlfriend and her family to the game, and they support Central Coast. They sat with the Marinators.

She told me afterwards that there were these two Sydney supporters right in front of them who were cheering for Sydney and booing the Mariners etc. They weren't wearing shirts, supposedly.

So yeah, when you said what you said, I thought that you might have been one of the guys. Hehe.

dilroy

HSC

You can expect to see a big increase in salaries when the A-Lague gets more exposer in the AFC, expect to see players easily have salaries excess in $400,000 per year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)