the 'I HATE SUPRE' thread (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i shop atsupre occasionally. they have plenty of slutty clothes but you can get nice clothes for fairly cheap. other stores sell slutty clothes as well.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Catwalk said:
i always go to supre in hope of finding a bargain but everything is just so trash. although there's this kneelength polka skirt that looks alright.... haha
the sizing isn't small? they go up to a large which is probably equivalent to a sz 14.
their 14s are quite small though, like made more for a boyish figure. i have pretty big hips and i can only fit into some supre bottoms.

that said i agree, yeah there is some pretty awful shit at supre but its' not all bad. and atm i definitely need cheap clothes; no more bettina liano jeans. :'(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i remember the early days when supre was similar to the clothes you find in old-style target

Darkening

HSC
i jus find it really slutty my friend buys it from there... slut slut... buh there ok :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i remember the early days when supre was similar to the clothes you find in old-style target
Omg me too! My mum used to love their cotton short for bumming around the house and over the year supre slowly transformed and she was no longer able to find them....

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
supre is good for plain singlets and skirts, but thats it.
their jeans are $60, id prefer to fork out an extra $40 for $100 jeans, as they will most likely fit better and last longer.
but supre is starting to get real overpriced. go to their site, and they sell so much for $40+, when one can get stuff the same/similar in other stores for either, the same price, or a bit more/bit less. and most likely fit better for most girls 16+

what really disturbs me is seeing girls when im out at pubs/clubs, wearing an outfit that consists solely of clothes from supre.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Me too. I remember my mum would take me and my sister on trips to supre and we'd buy all these really daggy clothes that were the height of fashion in the early-mid nineties, like leggings and sloppy joes.

karoooh

HSC
I agree. I can't stand the style of clothing that they have on the racks, but you do find something nice every once in a while...

I can't stand being in the store for too long though... The girls that go there... URGH! I don't like calling girls derogatory names, but... T_T

I remember when I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago, I stepped into one of their stores and stepped right back out... Those girls were everywhere! There was literally NO room to move! And... There's just so much... pink... And the music... :|

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
i use to think supres ok.. but that was when i was 12... and now i've weighed my pros and cons and this is what i came up with..

REASONS WHY I LIKED SUPRE
1) cheap t-shirts, tank tops, etc

REASONS WHY I NOW DISLIKE SUPRE
1) THE STAFF
* FRIEND A is the manager of the local one.. she is also in a leadership position out of work thats full of great respect and responsibility.. but lets say she doesn't wear anything more than a loose top that hangs off her shoulder and tight jeans that only make it half way up her bum.. shes great but i don't see how dressing like that earns her the respect of people that she's suppose to guide and lead
* that same FRIEND A from above told another FRIEND B she shouldn't buy a mini skirt coz she's too fat... now FRIEND B is a size 10.. and perfect skinny body and FRIEND A wouldn't be less than a size 14
* another friend, say FRIEND C, works at the same supre that FRIEND A manages.. she is also part of the group that FRIEND A leads. she goes to work, picks whatever off the shelves, wear it for her shift then puts it back... thats what the staff do to save them from buying the clothes!
* another girl that works at the same supre (not a friend lol) went to a wedding that i went to... she wore one of those fluoro orange short dresses.. a big chunky belt and like 10 big fat chunky necklaces - a bit over the top.. and got super angry when she wasn't named best dressed at the wedding.. her words: "those stupid b**** know nothing about fashion.. all mine came from supre"

2) THE CLOTHES
* the material it's made out of is like lycra... it fully clings to every part of u, making it really tight and overly disgusting on non-petite people, they also stretch and rip after like 2 washes
* the strange slogans - especially real sexist ones and ones all about boys that make them sound like theyre just toys or stupid things to "throw rocks at" or the ones that make girls look like they have an attitude problem
* the colour choices... bright and fluoro with odd stripes, polka dots or scribbles so u can pick out a supre wearer from 100m away
*the small sizing.. size 10 disguised as size 14

3) THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM (this is the people who's wardrobe pretty much consist of everything supre and has every item that supre sells, not those who occasionally have a browse and rarely buy unless they have a good find.. so no offence intended to those because u see life outside of supre)
* the ones i see sitting outside the shops are like size 14+++, foundation caked faces so it cracks and powders, dark thick black eyeliner and wear nothing but a boob tube that just covers their boobs, belly hang over and XXS skirts..
*their attitude towards fashion hence above 'people don't know anything about fashion unless they shop at supre' and in reality... supre doesn't follow fashion.. if u wana see what colours are in fashion, look at sportsgirl coz theyre the only colours ull find for that whole season (like that coral colour and brown...) and these are colours followed by leading designers at fashion week

4) THE SHOP
* super crowded as though they wanna force every bit of material disguised as clothing in ur face
* loud techno music that deafens u as soon as u come within 2 metres of the store
* dark but full of glitter
*posters of models who don't even wear clothes sold at supre

anyways thats my ranting... hope i haven't offended anyone... but this is a pretty opinionated thread and that wasn't much of an opinion, just the way supre is portrayed

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i don't get why there is such hatred towards the store, though. if you didn't like the clothes at any other store you would just not go in there.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i understand how people hate the 'supre' look, =skanky girls wearing non existent strips of material
but you can find clothes there occasionally and make them look good. i got a top there for $10 which i used to wear out all the time, dressing it up with a belt and heels

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mmm that's like at valleygirl, i don't like most of the stuff in there (the material isn't exactly the greatest), but i went in there in yr12 and bought a classic black halter for $16, i love it and still wear it when i go out at night!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
melsc said:
does anyone remember when supre was dagging and mostly sold trackie dacks and the odd slogan shirt?
yep, when i was little i went on an excursion to old sydney town and had to dress up in old fashioned clothes. my mum took me to supre and got this ugly skirt and top for it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think it's fairly clear to everyone here what supre's target demographic is.

I think the 'debate' here is largely out of concern for the young girls who get swept into the 'supre culture' of revealing sexualised outfits and dirty slogan t-shirts. While some might argue that supre is just catering to popular demand, I think it also has to shoulder some of the responsibility for this 'epidemic' of little skanks running around Australia. It would have to be one of the most popular fashion outlets for the pre-teen/young-teenage market, after all.

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
They don't realise they are humiliating themselves. Young people just wear what they're told to wear. At that age they probably haven't developed their own sense of style yet. So it's just whatever clothes are cool at the time.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
PaleReflection said:
Some of the clothing is actually all right, my contempt is directed more towards its staff, clientele and the horrific music they play at the loudest volume possible.
HAHA ROFL! I so agree. If you wanna go buy a $10 singlet or stuff like that go to Supre. I don't buy their really fashionable kind of clothing. Just get simple items. Nothing that is like.. well I hope you know what I mean.

Currently I am wearing one Supre item. Its a hot pink long singlet. I wore it to bed lol. I just wear it under things.

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
natstar said:
I'm interested in what people think is skanky, and post pics if you must.

etc., etc.

I'm being selective here. Of course a lot of the clothing at Supre is less revealing, but it's usually the slutty/stupid stuff that you see people wear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)