the 'I HATE SUPRE' thread (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
Ummm... I'm not sure I HATE Supre, but I really do think I'm scared of it: the loud disco music, bright light and lines of leopard print lycra make it really uninviting at best.

Yes, I understand it's cheap, but there are many other alternatives. Think Cotton On for one, Valley Girl, Temp, Target - are all appropriate wear (great for basics even if you're not on a tight budget) and in the right price range for 13-16 year old girls and often much less tacky. Next along the line are midrange price options like Bardot, Sportsgirl, Kookai and Review.

Price is not an excuse for girls so young to be walking around dressed in such bad taste.

frezzel

HSC
the thing i find so sad is that there are 11 year olds walking around with shirts saying "mrs pitt" and "i love seth" on them....the worst i have seen is a 10 year old girl walking around with a shirt from J Jays saying "Party till he's cute" with a picture of a martini glass on it. This kind of message that is getting across to this young age group makes me sick...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
PaleReflection said:
i dont see how that skirt is skanky...
go to any other clothing store, and im sure you can/will find skirts that are shorter and/or tighter.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
natstar said:
I must say its not the clothing, its how you wear them. You could wear a high priced designer dress and still look like a skank
Exactly. The white skirt above might not appear skanky alone, but teamed with a tiny boob tube/equally skanky top, it makes a skanky outfit. The type of outfit I see girls shopping and working in Supre wearing.

HSC
it's not that it's that short or that tight, because it's not, but just .. those kind of skirts remind me of twelve year olds. not that stylish, man.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Lainee said:
Next along the line are midrange price options like Bardot, Sportsgirl, Kookai and Review.

Price is not an excuse for girls so young to be walking around dressed in such bad taste.
no offence, but i don't personally believe those stores are considered "midrange". There are cotton singlets at these stores for $50. Let me say that again, COTTON!. lol i'd say those stores are more high range price options, and the next ones would be incrediblly higher range options.

the cost of clothes today is ridiculous. Bardot skinnies for $120? I can equally find skinnies for half that price and the same quality. It's all about brand names.

But I'm digressing :) Price is an excuse for girls to shop at Supre, but yes you are right, it's not an excuse to wear what is considered "skanky".

I'd rather my 11-13 yr old daughter to be in short shorts at her age than at 16. Have u SEEN the girls at clubs in tiny, barely there shorts? Very classy. :rolleyes:

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
I'd wear those short shorts to bed :)
Yeh the girls are very in your face but thats what they are paid to do like asking how we are? i think people just take it the wrong way. My friend works their and she hates the clothes she is made to wear, they give them set clothes each month to wear and they have to pay for them if they still want to work there. Although i still think she is defently born to work for supre' by the way she acts (sometimes i wonder if she has a brain) and dresses. Alot of us just have something deep down against pretty skinny girls in general i think.
But all in all i think its more of a younger teeny bopper shop then my type of fashion, which is in some ways scary because younger girls seem to becoming more and more obsessed with how they look and dressing with really revealing clothes and supre' provokes this.

silent_albert

HSC
lol!
does anyone remember the old supre?
if u dont im sure ur mums will. supre used to sell clothes aimed at older people- people aged over 30, (not that theyre old but its not really supre aimed age group now....) adn they catered for sizes up to 26 and 28. how do i kno this? looking through mums wardrobe i was somewat surprised to find some of her older clothes had tags with supre written on them. how times hav changed!

Danoz The Great

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
OMG they so discriminate against anything bigger than liek a size 4!!
Actually they do here. (Size 8, but yes they do :p)
I don't know if that's the case anywhere else. And I CBB reading thru the thread.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Since the girls who work at Supre, have to wear the clothing...what exactly do the males wear? ...they all seem to look metrosexual anyway, not really a fan of that, i like my guys ...man like..hahaha...

Hmm if that white skirts skanky, I feel ashamed of myself now, I have a pleated one in black I wear for school, its v. comfy actually. Alas.

I dislike Supre: the music, most of the clothing and the people who work there always give me odd looks, ALWAYS....could be because i rarely ever buy anything but hey..

The clothing is seems to be scary, tacky, skanky or badly made.
The two things i've bought have been
1. a corset top from about 2003 when they had all this nice pinstripe stuff and vaguely classy stuff
2. a shirt that an ex boyfriend said looked cute on me..hmmph.."i'm cute no shit" and since i'm such a poser, and an asian camera freak (see thread http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=96086&page=3).....
bahahah...its incredibly tacky...its not something I wear, I wear quite..."pretty stuff" most of the time.

Okay...so this is what I call..mildly skanky, mind you, you should go Newcastle at night...hmm yeah, anyway...its a crap top and was on its way to the salvos before i saw this thread and decided to show off the horrible elastene tightness
<waits for people to start throwing stuff at her and harassment>

I'm an India Fox+ Tree of Life girl most of the time..
Chow

pretti_in_pink

pretti_in_pink
HSC
i think it is very "iffy" some is o some is plain wrong, but i do admit i like there pants because they are one of the only stores that have xxx small fit like a dream

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i havent got anything against supre, exactly, but i have to say some of the stuff they sell is just...wrong. the only things i have/would ever consider buying from there are really basic things like singlets or plain shirts coz they're relatively cheap and in bright colours, which i like. but some things (eg the fluoro yellow short shorts i saw a few days ago) are mind bafflingly slutty and disgusting. plus just something about the atmosphere of the store in general puts me off. the music, the lighting, the salesgirls, etc, all rolled together makes for a very uninviting place indeed. and despite their skankiness the people that work there have a knack for making me feel daggy and badly dressed when i go in there wearing jeans and a normal top. so yeah in summary supre = meh. its ok, but the skank factor is a bit too high most of the time.

Pierotte

HSC
NO!!!

I love supre.

Ugh no i wouldnt shop there, but i love it purely for its comic value

All you supre haters answer me this, how boring would my work lunch breaks be if i had no "Supre Boys" to laugh at

Or the little skanky skanks that walk around to giggle and shake my head at and feel so superior to.

Or or remember yr 7/8 when discos were cool? Well where would i have bought my sparky tops from if it wasnt for supre?

Or for my drama HSC when we needed some white singlets pronto for cheap, we could rely on supre having some cheap clothing.

For shaaaaaame! Be nice to Supre.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Pierotte said:
All you supre haters answer me this, how boring would my work lunch breaks be if i had no "Supre Boys" to laugh at
wtf is a "supre boy"?

karoooh

HSC
Isn't a 'supre boy' the metro guys that work at supre and are usually the ones that stand outside the stores to check your bags... Sometimes they're chatting up random girls too...

jesscookie

HSC
i thought supre boys were the mildly good looking blokes employed to chat up young girls, lure them into the shop and tell them 'that looks soooo good!!!' so they buy things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)