the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

bustinjustin

HSC
Same - love the hint of horns too, which he also has in the Last track, "i'm gonna find another you" feels like... Christmas. 'Gravity', 'I don't trust myself with loving you' and 'slow dancing in a burning room' warm the cockles for me, but they all do, really.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
oh sweet .. been dying to talk to people about continuum as I also picked it up from JB today!!

Stop this Train -> Slow Dancing -> Bold ->Dreaming is such an AMAZING collection of music, I love how he's gone bluesy on this record .. stripped it right down resulting in some great chill-out tracks amongst the token 'singles'

bustinjustin

HSC
... OMG NEWS JUST IN THE MAN HIMSELF IS PERFORMING IN NOVEMBER *flails*

I was at the Enmore this morning buying tix for the Swans Prelim final when I overheard one of the box office dudettes talking over the phone about JOHN MAYER. Apparently their phones were going off with people desperate to buy tickets.
Anyhoo, they said the best thing was to check out the site and register for pre-release tickets, and lo and behold, he's performing on:

Friday, 3 November (for USyders, that's in stuvac)
@ [the beautiful] Enmore Theatre (oh how tremendously appropriate...the Enmore's intimacy is so much more suited to his music than that behemoth, the Entertainment Centre, or the hollow Hordern where (correct me if I'm wrong) he played before).
Price: $79.50 + BF

Pre-release tickets are available from this Friday, 15 September. This is (presumably) only available to Local-83 fans, which cost approx. US$30 to join. Otherwise public release is Friday 22 September.

I realise this is a public forum but let's keep it to ourselves until we all get tickets, yeh? Actually, I should take heed of my own advice since I've been going on about for the past few hours, I really can't contain my excitement.

I'm actually trying to weigh up the benefits of joining Local-83 for those pre-release tickets though... who's gonna cough up the US$30 for membership?

EDIT: Sorry I misread the date as dd/mm rather than mm/dd/yy. The date you see now is the correct one.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
news so not just in, I got those news on the 9th :p, I knew it but I kept it to myself hahaha, to be sneaky and get those tix

It costs $40.72 in AUS to join local 83

I did it. I'll be 9am sharp to book :)

bustinjustin

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
news so not just in, I got those news on the 9th :p, I knew it but I kept it to myself hahaha, to be sneaky and get those tix

It costs $40.72 in AUS to join local 83

I did it. I'll be 9am sharp to book :)
Lol yeah I just saw the date of the announcement, I feel slightly behind the times but thankfully not so behind that I'll miss out

bustinjustin

HSC
bustinjustin said:
... OMG NEWS JUST IN THE MAN HIMSELF IS PERFORMING IN NOVEMBER *flails*

I was at the Enmore this morning buying tix for the Swans Prelim final when I overheard one of the box office dudettes talking over the phone about JOHN MAYER. Apparently their phones were going off with people desperate to buy tickets.
Anyhoo, they said the best thing was to check out the site and register for pre-release tickets, and lo and behold, he's performing on:

Friday, 3 November (for USyders, that's in stuvac)
@ [the beautiful] Enmore Theatre (oh how tremendously appropriate...the Enmore's intimacy is so much more suited to his music than that behemoth, the Entertainment Centre, or the hollow Hordern where (correct me if I'm wrong) he played before).
Price: $79.50 + BF

piecheck

HSC
N/A
lol...i donno if this is a dumb question...but - Price: $79.50 + BF - whats bf stand for?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
OMG JOHN MAYER IS STREAMING A WHOLE CONCERT LIKE RIGHT NOW

go to johnmayer.com

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
YES

2 x General Admission (ie floor)

Presales got sold out in 20 minutes.

bustinjustin

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
YES

2 x General Admission (ie floor)

Presales got sold out in 20 minutes.
I missed out :( I should've known after my experiences with buying AFL tix just a few days ago...

But congrats!

P.S: How should I go about buying them next Friday? Should I get up extra early next Friday and queue at the Enmore (fat chance I'll be able to do that), get them over the phone? Or over the net? I'm thinking trying phone and net at the same time as soon as ticketek opens...

Last edited:

mizosoup

HSC
This morning was the worst and best morning of my life

I had uni this morning (prac+tute so i couldn't miss it) so I had to get a friend to buy my tickets for me

So I gave her a call at 9:05 to check how it all went and she hasn't gotten them yet. She didn't think of scrolling down the freaking page to find the Enmore link! Gah!

So she clicks and rah rah rah and says "Mim...I can't get any...I think they're sold out"

aseiurfhiseaviuserhvise

We stay on the phone for the next 10 minutes trying to make it work but there were just no tickets there.

I went back to my tute depressed - couldn't even pay attention. My friends said that I looked like my brother had died or something

LUCKILY, she messages me at arnd 940 saying that she somehow managed to get one ticket. Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ended up getting 3xGA tickets.

SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME STUVAC!!!!!

Lets just hope i can get an extra 2 GA tickets next week...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mizosoup said:
This morning was the worst and best morning of my life

I had uni this morning (prac+tute so i couldn't miss it) so I had to get a friend to buy my tickets for me

So I gave her a call at 9:05 to check how it all went and she hasn't gotten them yet. She didn't think of scrolling down the freaking page to find the Enmore link! Gah!

So she clicks and rah rah rah and says "Mim...I can't get any...I think they're sold out"

aseiurfhiseaviuserhvise

We stay on the phone for the next 10 minutes trying to make it work but there were just no tickets there.

I went back to my tute depressed - couldn't even pay attention. My friends said that I looked like my brother had died or something

LUCKILY, she messages me at arnd 940 saying that she somehow managed to get one ticket. Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ended up getting 3xGA tickets.

SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME STUVAC!!!!!

Lets just hope i can get an extra 2 GA tickets next week...

you had me going there!

thats what happens with those tickets, when you click them and go to the billing information, those tickets are classed as "sold" but if you change your mind, it goes back to being available again.

You mustve got reeeaaally lucky!

Congrats

as for bustinjustin, the enmore goes through the same process on the net too. Just get a ticket through the internet on the dot, keep refreshing etc.

:)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
john mayer has been working pretty close with some of hip hop's biggest stars lately. He is working on my current fav rappers next album - T.I. Album is called 'T.I VS T.I.P' should be interesting.

piecheck

HSC
N/A
at what time do u think i should start lining up to get jm tickets at a ticketck outlet ppl?

karenc12

HSC
Well unfortunately i won't be able to go the the melb concert because its the NIGHT BEFORE my psych exam. grrrrrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)