The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No one seems to reply on this thread any more but I'll give it a go anyway:confused2:?
I applied for 5 different mcdonalds and 6 hours later, one of them emailed me saying that I have been put down for an interview. I'm 18. Do you think there may be a chance that theyre short staffed and need someone working school hours so that's why they emailed me straight away?
Well if they're hiring, then obviously they will be short-staffed.

I wouldn't read too much into it though. The HR manager was probably working on something related to the available position at the time. It shouldn't take too long to respond to an email.

twistedrebel

HSC
they probably want someone in school hours or work late nights (upto 2am etc)

twistedrebel

HSC
also fyi, any job you always gotta look busy. No job will elt you stand around/sit around and do nothing.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
also fyi, any job you always gotta look busy. No job will elt you stand around/sit around and do nothing.
I hear that people in IT jobs (e.g. Sysadmin) tend to sit around do jack all most of the time.

dakotah

HSC
Aaaah McDonalds. Began working for them on 31st of July 2009, finally resigned on the 16th of December, 2011.

It was pretty cool at first, I liked having the money and I was finding friends outside of my 32 kid k-10 school. Then it all started going down. Towards the end of 2010 I began to detest having to go to work and often didn't want to go like I had wanted to before. Always being guilted into taking shifts when called at 4am (Ugh). I had the worst store manager who only got his job by being married to the daughter of the store owner. Said manager thought he could save money by using super glue on the shake/sundae machine rather than get a welder... Ended up not having shakes or sundaes for 3 weeks while we waited for a new machine as the super glue got into the plumbing.

Finally I called it quits, it wasn't working for me anymore, I was moody and was having a bad attitude with my managers, I feel so much better having resigned and not having that burden on me during my HSC.

twistedrebel

HSC
I hear that people in IT jobs (e.g. Sysadmin) tend to sit around do jack all most of the time.
nah doesnt work like that. its like any other office job etc where is a shitload of stuff to do. Most systems need constant monitor, upgrades etc. There is a new upgrade each day.

(source: i work in IT)

nanakid12

HSC
Aaaah McDonalds. Began working for them on 31st of July 2009, finally resigned on the 16th of December, 2011.

It was pretty cool at first, I liked having the money and I was finding friends outside of my 32 kid k-10 school. Then it all started going down. Towards the end of 2010 I began to detest having to go to work and often didn't want to go like I had wanted to before. Always being guilted into taking shifts when called at 4am (Ugh). I had the worst store manager who only got his job by being married to the daughter of the store owner. Said manager thought he could save money by using super glue on the shake/sundae machine rather than get a welder... Ended up not having shakes or sundaes for 3 weeks while we waited for a new machine as the super glue got into the plumbing.

Finally I called it quits, it wasn't working for me anymore, I was moody and was having a bad attitude with my managers, I feel so much better having resigned and not having that burden on me during my HSC.
Shite. Lucky Woolworths isn't like that, our managers are all nice :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
For every day I work at maccas there is another day I want to kill myself.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Got an interview this coming Monday! Dunno if I should be excited or not cause it's maccas.
What's the usual pay for a 15 year old?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Got an interview this coming Monday! Dunno if I should be excited or not cause it's maccas.
What's the usual pay for a 15 year old?
Starts at around $7.50 whilst you're a trainee (first 3 months) and moves up to around $9 amount. Once you hit 16 it's upward of $10.50

nanakid12

HSC
I have only one question.

WHY ARE MACCAS PINPAD BUTTONS SO HARD TO PRESS?!?! (well, compared to Woolworths anyway)

I hate going through the drive through and spending about 30 years clearing the numbers I didn't press hard enough.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

That is all.

EDIT: actually no that is not all. I went to store in a shopping centre and the woman told me that the Chocolate thick shake could not be included in my McChicken Meal combo. Even though every other store I have ever been to does, but you know. Was she lying to me?

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

WHY ARE MACCAS PINPAD BUTTONS SO HARD TO PRESS?!?! (well, compared to Woolworths anyway)

I hate going through the drive through and spending about 30 years clearing the numbers I didn't press hard enough.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

That is all.

EDIT: actually no that is not all. I went to store in a shopping centre and the woman told me that the Chocolate thick shake could not be included in my McChicken Meal combo. Even though every other store I have ever been to does, but you know. Was she lying to me?
She was either lying or the machine was broken.

All maccas stores have the meal separate to the coke now so you can add whatever drink instead of a coke.
And fries are also sort of separate so you can add a salad instead (only the small one, I forget what it's called).

Fawun

Queen
HSC

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

That is all.

She's lying. You can have any drink with any meal. I know this because I work at the Maccas in Harbourside (it's such a mission to go from to the city to work) and i know this is off topic but the Harbourside Maccas is such a shit Mcdonalds. We sell expired sundaes and marshmallows. Anyway, they update the registers alot so it takes a while to get use to it and you get $6.50 pay at the beginning. Some people get $7 at the beginning but then again, Harbourside is a shit Mcdonalds. I'm moving to Darling Quarter Mcdonalds soon though. (Y)

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Just had my first shift at Lidcombe maccas last night! Wasn't that bad, changing the bins was actually kinda fun :D.

^Gross, I usually buy from there too :spzz:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)