The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
From what I hear from people who've left, maccas is a lot harder than most jobs they get after

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Should I be concerned if I haven't been paid yet?
I've been working there for two weeks now.
Yep, call/talk to your manager and ask them why. Do you clock on for shifts? Have you given them the correct banking details? I failed to do this at first so they had to backdate my pay.

not easier, but much better pay. i think woolies pays like $16 an hour for 17 yr olds or something, plus you get double time on public holidays.

much better than slaving away in a hot, greasy maccas kitchen getting paid $9 an hour...
Lulz, I get $12.50, but $16 sounds nice. I started off on $7.57...

Not quite that high ;) More like 12/hr for 17 year olds.
:(

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Lulz, I get $12.50, but $16 sounds nice. I started off on $7.57...

lol wtf at woolies? thats like slave labour..

imo, if you're working with older employees, doing the exact same job as them and are getting paid pro-rata rates, then i'd just do a pro-rata amount of work. its pretty unfair.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
lol wtf at woolies? thats like slave labour..

imo, if you're working with older employees, doing the exact same job as them and are getting paid pro-rata rates, then i'd just do a pro-rata amount of work. its pretty unfair.
No, not at Woolies, at McDs. I'd like to work at Woolies and have an interview soon but alas, not yet. I guess at McDs since I'm 'old' compared to most night crew (second oldest on shift besides the manager the other night, and I'm 17) so maybe when I get to a 'nicer' job I'll do the pro-rata thing :uhhuh:

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
pretty sure i got the job, still not sure what im in for.. but it went well.

apparently ill be starting on the registers, as they have a shortage of people from the mornings to afternoon

Zeroes

HSC
I've been there for only 2-3 months and I hate it already. How long do you think is a reasonable amount of time to stay before finding a new job? But so I don't look like the typical people who work there for 2 months for something to put on their resume.
I was hoping to find another job when the christmas casual jobs start to arise, would that be long enough?

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
The difference from working at maccas to bigw is bloody crazy. I remember If I stood around at maccas for like 5 seconds a dickhead manager would be on to me and I would be cleaning floors. At BigW today I did fuck all and nobody ever seems to care, and people head of on breaks for so much longer than they should and it just seems normal.

The maccas uniform is so shit too, especially that orange top. Working with all those 15yr old brats gave me a damn headache.

Join this facebook group "Working at Maccas destroys your soul!" http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5096762710&ref=ts

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I've been there for only 2-3 months and I hate it already. How long do you think is a reasonable amount of time to stay before finding a new job? But so I don't look like the typical people who work there for 2 months for something to put on their resume.
I was hoping to find another job when the christmas casual jobs start to arise, would that be long enough?
Anything over 6 months is okay, but 1-2years seems to be preferred.

The difference from working at maccas to bigw is bloody crazy. I remember If I stood around at maccas for like 5 seconds a dickhead manager would be on to me and I would be cleaning floors. At BigW today I did fuck all and nobody ever seems to care, and people head of on breaks for so much longer than they should and it just seems normal.

The maccas uniform is so shit too, especially that orange top. Working with all those 15yr old brats gave me a damn headache.

Join this facebook group "Working at Maccas destroys your soul!" Working at McDonalds Destroys Your Soul | Facebook
1. Urgh. I hide in the stock cage/public toilets if this happens.

2. Already a member :shy:

spence

HSC
if you can find a new job then it doesn't matter how long you've been there. But I wouldn't put it on your resume if it's been less than 6 months

Zeroes

HSC
Sounds like it should be alright then, I'll have had 6-7 months most likely if it's to get a christmas (or hopefully permanent) casual job.
Surely someone will also be happy to give me a reference by then?

This is precisely why I hate it. Half the time you have a choice of:
a) Restocking the already fully stocked cups
b) Cleaning the already clean floor/bench
c) Folding more cloths/putting paper on more cones, even though theres already plenty there
etc.
For this reason I almost don't mind dining room, because it's much easier to look busy and you don't have anyone nagging you every 10 seconds

I'm also sick of people getting shitty with me because my crew trainer literally said to me, "you look smart enough, you can work it out yourself". (he did show me dining room though), although I've nearly taught myself everything now so perhaps it'll start getting better.

firstneg

HSC
d) Skimming the fry vats...
e)Filling up Sweet & Sour sauce
f)Cloth Bucket
g)Wiping down trays
h)Stocking up straws

Unless my treatment from managers differs from your treatment. If so, consider yourself lucky.
Also, once when I was on dining a man asked me why McDonalds serves maple syrup with the hotcakes instead of the 'Aussie' golden syrup.
I would rather be nagged at McDonalds by those that are paid to perform the task.

firstneg

HSC
d) Skimming the fry vats...
e)Filling up Sweet & Sour sauce
f)Cloth Bucket
g)Wiping down trays
h)Stocking up straws

Unless my treatment from managers differs from your treatment. If so, consider yourself lucky.
Also, once when I was on dining a man asked me why McDonalds serves maple syrup with the hotcakes instead of the 'Aussie' golden syrup.
I would rather be nagged at McDonalds by those that are paid to perform the task.

vanessaslam

HSC
My pay got screwed up. $17.94 for a week :|
Cleared it up with my manager, though.

spence

HSC
This is precisely why I hate it. Half the time you have a choice of:
a) Restocking the already fully stocked cups
b) Cleaning the already clean floor/bench
c) Folding more cloths/putting paper on more cones, even though theres already plenty there
etc.
I guarantee you there's something actually useful you could be doing at pretty much all times

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
So is the discount still 50% Wont surprise me if its not anymore.

Zeroes

HSC
I guarantee you there's something actually useful you could be doing at pretty much all times
On certain areas yes, but on front counter (at the store I work at anyway where they always overstaff it) I guarantee you there isn't. I've seriously had many managers say, "at least look useful incase head manager comes along".

firstneg - Yes but i was referring mainly to front counter, and I think you missed the 'already' part of those sentences. I honestly do try to make myself genuinely useful.

Last edited:

quint

HSC
N/A
No one seems to reply on this thread any more but I'll give it a go anyway:confused2:?
I applied for 5 different mcdonalds and 6 hours later, one of them emailed me saying that I have been put down for an interview. I'm 18. Do you think there may be a chance that theyre short staffed and need someone working school hours so that's why they emailed me straight away?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)